What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenleaf Megacrop

gotnoname

Any plans for Canadian market ? I am currently using plant prod MJ but I don't like having to buy kelp, humic and fulvic separately and it's kind of messy to mix from concentrate... plus you guys have a lot more things..

gotnoname

With shipping cost and usd to cad it get expensive compared to what I use at the moment..

I pay around 60$ for 15kg for my base nutrients, compared to over 130$ for a 22lbs bag with shipping..

With shipping cost and usd to cad it get expensive compared to what I use at the moment..

I pay around 60$ for 15kg for my base nutrients, compared to over 130$ for a 22lbs bag with shipping..

hey mate, what is the 15kg nutrient you buy for $60?

Yes, we are planning on opening up warehouses shipping within Canada (probably based in Ontario), so shipping will be much quicker and less expensive.

gotnoname

Plant prod MJ
grow 12 8 28
Bloom 10 30 20
Finisher 4 31 37
Boost 15 30 15

They range from 60 to 70$ cad for 15kg
This is what most commercial growers use in Canada at the moment but I would defenetly switch over to greenleaf megacrop even if it's more expensive...easier than buying additives for amino, kelp, chitosan and b vitamins...

Plant prod MJ
grow 12 8 28
Bloom 10 30 20
Finisher 4 31 37
Boost 15 30 15

They range from 60 to 70$ cad for 15kg
This is what most commercial growers use in Canada at the moment but I would defenetly switch over to greenleaf megacrop even if it's more expensive...easier than buying additives for amino, kelp, chitosan and b vitamins...

OH, thanks for the info links. Yeah, I have heard of that company, they sell in states too. However I wasn't aware of their new "MJ" line. I studied it over, and its not too impressive. Probably 1 step up from Miracle Grow, but their based (both Bloom and Veg) have 0 Calcium at all. So, it looks like you need 4-5 products from their line based on the feeding chart, just to get the basic NPK down. And of course there is not Silica, Amino Acids, etc...

So, I understand for commercial growers its nice to have something close, and cheap! So, hopefully for those people who do not want to wait to get something shipped, we will have some products available in retail stores and local warehouses soon! So they can use MEGA CROP as an option in their grows,

Its usually about 7-10 days for the big 9.9kg bag to arrive with Priority Mail, shipping is $46 to Canada.

Pro Headies

Veteran
hi, hope everyone is well!

I have been working on a new updated Feeding Chart, the goal is to be easier to use regardless of what type of measurement system you are using.

You can test it out here
https://greenleafnutrients.com/feeding-instructions-2/

Would love to hear any feedback if you feel like sharing!

with the mix of powder and balls in MC there is only one real way to measure your fertilizer that is accurate and thats ppm/EC readings after fully mixed in water. The weight in grams or measuring with a spoon like your chart suggests will never be fully accurate until you make your fertilizer all one consistency like Maxi or V+B products. I wish MC didnt try to separate itself into balls on top of the powder, maybe you guys could fix that issue by grinding the balls up then mixing with powder if possible? Then your product would be more consistant overall and easier for every method of measuring to be accurate.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
OH, thanks for the info links. Yeah, I have heard of that company, they sell in states too. However I wasn't aware of their new "MJ" line. I studied it over, and its not too impressive. Probably 1 step up from Miracle Grow, but their based (both Bloom and Veg) have 0 Calcium at all. So, it looks like you need 4-5 products from their line based on the feeding chart, just to get the basic NPK down. And of course there is not Silica, Amino Acids, etc...

So, I understand for commercial growers its nice to have something close, and cheap! So, hopefully for those people who do not want to wait to get something shipped, we will have some products available in retail stores and local warehouses soon! So they can use MEGA CROP as an option in their grows,

Its usually about 7-10 days for the big 9.9kg bag to arrive with Priority Mail, shipping is $46 to Canada.

ive asked at my local hydro shops and they have never heard of Megacrop!

can i be the vendor to these shops in socal?

i have been using the product now for 4 months and its doing better than the house and garden a&b i was using.

ive got 2 grows here with megscrop nutes..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8341029#post8341029

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352000

gmanwho

Veteran
with the mix of powder and balls in MC there is only one real way to measure your fertilizer that is accurate and thats ppm/EC readings after fully mixed in water. The weight in grams or measuring with a spoon like your chart suggests will never be fully accurate until you make your fertilizer all one consistency like Maxi or V+B products. I wish MC didnt try to separate itself into balls on top of the powder, maybe you guys could fix that issue by grinding the balls up then mixing with powder if possible? Then your product would be more consistant overall and easier for every method of measuring to be accurate.

couldnt agree more about the "balls" seperating an floating to the top.

Greenleaf, the balls are Calicum nitrate fertilizer? digging the dial in calculator.

FlaDankster

Veteran

Even with a meter are you still gonna get what you want though?

You may be making 30 gallon batches at 3grams per gl while the next guy may only be making 2 gallons at 3 grams per gl at a time.Measuring out 90 grams vs 6 grams is gonna give more of equal parts of the pellets and powder.

Even with a meter it's a bit harder for the smaller grower to make feedings because of the pellet/powder mixture.

I'd like to see Greenleaf address this on their website for their customers.Sure they're in biz to make money but i'm pretty sure they even want the little folks to be happy too.I can see where peeps doing very small grows may not get every thing MC has to offer if they are trying to mix up 1..2 gls at a time.

Pro Headies

Veteran
Even with a meter are you still gonna get what you want though?

I would say no not exactly, the elemental breakdown like they claim on there site with the mix of powder and balls like it is now will never be exact. I would say ppm/Ec readings would be a better way to measure megacrop then by weight though still for any kind of consistency.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I was wondering this also but, what makes you guys think its seperating into different compounds? I just thought it was clumping.

kunkgrow

I've asked them some time ago:

"what if I am mixing small parts and get more pellets than powder on the spoon?"

Heres their reply:
"It should come out very even eventually. So, its not something you really need to worry about, just taking normal spoon or scoop should be OK!"

kunkgrow

However i've noticed that if mixing small amounts you usually get more pellets than pwder.. so I'm not confident.

p0opstlnksal0t

No it does matter and you need to make a stock solution with a greater amount of powder to even it out. I've brought this up on multiple threads with GL. The nutes should be manufatured to similar sized grains or your macros get thrown off.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
hmm... im running hempys right now and since theres a pool or res in the bottom, everything gets "evened out" there I suppose?

the potential for inconsistency mixing small batches is pretty high if what you guys say is true, that the ratios are off if you dont mix the granules evenly with the powder.

Ive been eyeing it in the scoop but im only mixing gallons at a time, right now im feeding around 300ppms so its just a few small scoops. I totally would not care either way if was running a res but im also in mid to late bloom, I'd hate my macros going wonky now.

***edit: micros, not macros
***edit: especially not the macros

p0opstlnksal0t

the big granules are Nit. the powder and fine powder is everything else. if you are able to use scoops at least as big as a tbsp you should be ok

Latest posts

Latest posts