What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Emerald harvest nutrients

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh i have lots of friends, very talented growers who mix their own raw salts and their results are heads and tails above what i've ever seen anyone get from miracle grow.

everything is a chemical when you break it down - yes, even organics

Miracle Grow?

Easy7

Veteran
Miracle grow is just one ratio. Mixing salts is ratio. Mix salts and add water and you have Emerald Harvest.

There is a huge difference in the biological and chemical make up of organics. Than some crystal that some growers prefer due to being cheap and powerful.

It's a matter of preference and growing technique.

Some people want to grow with all the bells and whistles required for chemical hydroponics. Others prefer a softer more gentle approach of organic soil. I like to keep things simple.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Miracle grow is just one ratio. Mixing salts is ratio. Mix salts and add water and you have Emerald Harvest.

There is a huge difference in the biological and chemical make up of organics. Than some crystal that some growers prefer due to being cheap and powerful.

It's a matter of preference and growing technique.

Some people want to grow with all the bells and whistles required for chemical hydroponics. Others prefer a softer more gentle approach of organic soil. I like to keep things simple.

Not all salts are of the same quality. Ditto vitamin and mineral supplements. Buyer Beware

GuyManDude

Not all salts are of the same quality. Ditto vitamin and mineral supplements. Buyer Beware

yes very true.

Personally I prefer not to give a single penny to Scotts or Monsanto. Which is why I will not buy anything made by General Hydroponics, Gavita, or Botnicare

Outlaws Den

I have a sample bottle of the Goddess but my bar is set with Maxibloom. I get tons of sample lines from my hydro store to try out and over the years have done so. Everything ive tried was as good as Maxi with floro plus and rapid start as additives. With maxi im getting great results and not having to juggle multiple bottles of water.

I am liking what i'm seeing with primordial solutions though its more of a additive than base.

Absolem

Attachments

• canna nutrient profile.jpg
    canna nutrient profile.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 17

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been running the same strain for six years with a rotating brand of products and EH only produced average results to my usual cocktail of AN.

GuyManDude

I have been running the same strain for six years with a rotating brand of products and EH only produced average results to my usual cocktail of AN.

I love the results i used to get with AN before they introduced the ph perfect stuff. I would get 6-8 ounces per plant in 3 gallon bags, depending on the strain, of course. I have not achieved those results using Jungle Juice or the ph perfect line.

I'm very happy they are re-introducing the non-ph perfect Sensi line again. At the same time, I'm kinda pissed off at the company for taking a beautiful system and screwing it up by trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

GuyManDude

scratch that. They re-released the old Sensi line and then to0ok it back off the market. I'm about done with this company/

I did find out about Emerald Harvest though. The guy that started this company was THE science guy behind AN's old formulas. He left when they screwed it all up with ph perfect. my friend at the local shop just got it in. He told me he's sick of dealing with AN too. He did say he's heard a lot of good about Emerald harvest.

i'm going to give it a try

MJINC

Emerald Harvest are doing a pretty decent job of marketing their products, giving a lot of support material and samples to the wholesalers and hydro shops. Will be interested to see how it does in some side by sides

I have really enjoyed the ease and simplicity of Emerald Harvest.
I am using Canna Coco base.
The roots look like big fat white peach fuzz like any other root inoculater you will get.
I have the green goddess, honey chrome, king kola, sturdy stalk.
The other big things I use are New Millennium Decisions and Winter Frost and some Canna pk 13/14.
After this the bottles run out, I will probably keep the green goddess, honey chrome, and sturdy stalk. Probably use a different bloom boost in the combo.

It is a real simple line, and hits all the needs for growing.
Kiss= keep it simple stupid

Rondon

There is nothing any of the nute companys can do thats really different. Simple base mineral salts. And the biostimulant additives. Just different ratios and formulas of kelp (cytokinins/auxins/giberellins)..humic/fulvic acid..plant protein hydrolysate (amino acid)..silica..yucca..triacontinol (alfalfa)..cellulase enzymes..and chitosan oligosacharides. Your paying for a label..water.. & the convenience of a premade ready to use. Save your money. Source all of this in powder form (easily)..mix yourself and save a ton of cash. I can see these being used for small tent and home growers..but for the bigger operations and setups..the prices and amounts you will be needing is cost prohibitive. Emerald Harvest...nothing new. Just like the rest.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is nothing any of the nute companys can do thats really different. Simple base mineral salts. And the biostimulant additives. Just different ratios and formulas of kelp (cytokinins/auxins/giberellins)..humic/fulvic acid..plant protein hydrolysate (amino acid)..silica..yucca..triacontinol (alfalfa)..cellulase enzymes..and chitosan oligosacharides. Your paying for a label..water.. & the convenience of a premade ready to use. Save your money. Source all of this in powder form (easily)..mix yourself and save a ton of cash. I can see these being used for small tent and home growers..but for the bigger operations and setups..the prices and amounts you will be needing is cost prohibitive. Emerald Harvest...nothing new. Just like the rest.

while I agree with most of this EH is in one of the biggest (if not the biggest gro-ops in the US. I think you can find the video on their site.

My complaints are it's not pH stable (unless they solved that issue) the no drip jugs drip, and using their full line takes up a lot of shelf space.

I highly recommend getting a RO system < $300 to use for cooking, drinking, AND dry nute mixing.

NPK Industries offers RAW premixed grow and bloom salts- easy peazy. They're available in small packets up to very large buckets

https://www.amazon.com/iSpring-RCC7...d=1466169520&sr=8-34&keywords=reverse+osmosis

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S27S3IY/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/NPK-Industri...=1510320012&sr=8-4&keywords=npk+raw+veg+bloom

GuyManDude

while I agree with most of this EH is in one of the biggest (if not the biggest gro-ops in the US. I think you can find the video on their site.

My complaints are it's not pH stable (unless they solved that issue) the no drip jugs drip, and using their full line requires a lot of space.

I highly recommend getting a RO system < $300 to use for cooking, drinking, AND dry nute mixing.

NPK Industries offers RAW premixed grow and bloom salts- easy peazy. They're available in small packets up to very large buckets

https://www.amazon.com/iSpring-RCC7...d=1466169520&sr=8-34&keywords=reverse+osmosis

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S27S3IY/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/NPK-Industri...=1510320012&sr=8-4&keywords=npk+raw+veg+bloom

or you could save a serious amount of cash and go to Custom Hydro Nutrients dot com

he has everything dry salts

as far as EH goes, I found it very difficult to ph the nute solution. Running it in coco it was VERY easy to over feed and fry the plants even running at half strength. I've emailed the company a few times and they are very slow to respond if they respond at all

Latest posts

Latest posts