What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fulvic Acid

different

Research...
I developed a foliar spray for a company years back and I went on a quest for the best fulvic...

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
I was under the assumption that the exceptions are smart enough to realise that a blunt statement such as mine is merely a generalisation like any other (e.g. 'all French eat baguette' or 'all Chinese use chopsticks') and simply reflects that a comparatively large proportion of (alleged) American users have IMHO a contorted perception of organic farming.

brown_thumb

I was under the assumption that the exceptions are smart enough to realise that a blunt statement such as mine is merely a generalisation like any other (e.g. 'all French eat baguette' or 'all Chinese use chopsticks') and simply reflects that a comparatively large proportion of (alleged) American users have IMHO a contorted perception of organic farming.

I use organs in my organic gardening all the time... sometimes electronic... other times pipe.

BillFarthing

Veteran
a comparatively large proportion of (alleged) American users have IMHO a contorted perception of organic farming.

Pompous American here. I usually agree with you OO and love your posts. My free time is usually spent reading about agronomy science journals concerning several aspects of traditional and specialized agriculture.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. There are some weird concepts like Subcool's super soil, but I think people like Natural Farming Hawaii have organic production down. I'm genuinely interested in how you think organic farming is contorted in the States.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
The highest concentrates of Fulvic acid come from Leonardite. Leonardite products has a liquid concentrate that is $10.50 a gallon. I'm doing a grow study this season on this very subject. I will have posts under North Dakota and in the Ace seeds forum.
Farmerlions 2018 learning experiments.
Peace brother

BillFarthing

Veteran
The highest concentrates of Fulvic acid come from Leonardite. Leonardite products has a liquid concentrate that is $10.50 a gallon. I'm doing a grow study this season on this very subject. I will have posts under North Dakota and in the Ace seeds forum.
Farmerlions 2018 learning experiments.
Peace brother

Leonardite is awful. It’s a petroleum precursor that is obtained by strip mining. Please tell me how organic farming is environmentally conscious.

CaliNewby

I came across a product by New Millenium Nutrients, Ruby Fulvic. Anybody know anything about this product? I am assuming it is a fulvic acid but not sure

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Bill Farthing, once you can leave your biased liberal ideals at the door. I will explain to you why you are wrong at every level. Personnel beliefs of resources has nothing to do with their quality.
I have spent over 27 years in oil exploration industry. There is not a more organic source better than Leonardite, period. Until cars run on Butterfly pee , we have petroleum products .
In time other resources will be more efficient. I will welcome that time as well. I've spent my career making the industry less impactful on nature. I also served my country so any idiot can have freedom of speech. Glad to see all aspects of my life are bearing fruit. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I also find it humorous that a person without a single grow in his albums is giving advice on nutrients. Leonardite is not a petroleum product either. It's completely decomposed vegetative matter in between two layers of clay. That remained untouched for 60 plus million years. It's not a precursor to anything but your ignorant opinion.

M

moose eater

I assume you're aware that there's a number of us who don't put pics of our grows on our pages for a number of reasons, despite some of us growing for decades; slow connection speeds, lack of technology in the way of tools, and security (especially for those who have a higher profile in other aspects of their lives).

Just a point of balance in re. to assumptions.

Signed, a successful commercial grower for decades...

M

moose eater

By the way, I believe it was -this- thread that led me to acquire Bio-Ag Ful-Power and trade out my previous use of AN Grandma Engy's H2 (old stash predating the discontinuation of the product), and Golden Goddess.

Time may tell if this was a positive shift, however without distinct control groups, there are so many other variables it may be difficult to declare, "This is a result of -that-."

-BRR-

I previously used it (various brands) on and off with coco and a little dissapointingly never saw any benefits as hard as I looked. Is it just me or has coco already got its cation exchange maxed out?

And fwiw the only really profound beneficial organic type additive I’ve observed with coco is seaweed during veg so far. Quite remarkable just how the plants shine with the most lucious , vigorus and aura shrouded leaf explosion.

Thats all I got...

BillFarthing

Veteran
BioAg Ful-Power is 8% fulvic acid, Mr. Fulvic is 2%.

Ful-Power is 0.06% humic acid
Mr. Fulvic is 1.35% humic acid, 2.20% fulvic acid

I don't know where your numbers came from.

Bill Farthing, once you can leave your biased liberal ideals at the door. I will explain to you why you are wrong at every level. Personnel beliefs of resources has nothing to do with their quality.
I have spent over 27 years in oil exploration industry. There is not a more organic source better than Leonardite, period. Until cars run on Butterfly pee , we have petroleum products .
In time other resources will be more efficient. I will welcome that time as well. I've spent my career making the industry less impactful on nature. I also served my country so any idiot can have freedom of speech. Glad to see all aspects of my life are bearing fruit. Peace

My signature to the left says "vote Libertarian". The assumptions spewing out of your cock holster are laughable. You served your country, so you automatically get a pass for mental illness these days and can spout any loudmouth opinion you like in public.

The cheap stuff from Leonardite is most often a result of strip mining. I am one of the most proactive people for industry and jobs. The burden of proof is on the mining industry to be a good steward to the environment.

I also find it humorous that a person without a single grow in his albums is giving advice on nutrients. Leonardite is not a petroleum product either. It's completely decomposed vegetative matter in between two layers of clay. That remained untouched for 60 plus million years. It's not a precursor to anything but your ignorant opinion.

Humic acids are precursors of petrolum of coal. I don't need pictures to prove my self-worth to anyone. Fertilizer has been my career and I don't feel the need to swing my dick around to help my fragile ego like FarmerLion.

Last edited:
Ful-Power is 0.06% humic acid
Mr. Fulvic is 1.35% humic acid, 2.20% fulvic acid

I don't know where your numbers came from.

You are mixing up different test methods.
Using the same method as Mr Fulvic, Ful-Power is indeed stronger.
The BioAg web site goes into much detail about it.

M

moose eater

Much of this clarification is helpful to folks like myself who for years simply "did what I did" with only basic understandings of what makes what more available, and my trying to get back to when my efforts were closer to on-the-money..

If we could avoid some of the sound of toxic ego-bumping, defensive reprisals, and more, we'd probably go further in our dialogues, and look less reprehensible to those who simply visit the threads for info or out of curiosity.

Thanks everyone for helping to further my outdated education re. cannabis growing, from a more scientific perspective than I previously employed. And thank you for the same, for new and up-coming cultivators of cannabis.

BillFarthing

Veteran
So this study is wrong based on how these 2 products are labeled?

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/6831f1_5b4b4118d1ce4ebaac31cb1006130249.pdf

That is not a study, that is a misleading sales document from Agtonik.
Mr Fulvic is a relabeled Agtonik (Mineral Logic), btw. They are just a sales team.
It is the amino acids that are the most effective part of that product. Not really comparable to a pure fulvic like Ful-Power.
Ful-Power is made from a microbial process, not from fracking.

Last edited: