What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Enter Your Best Cannabis Macro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuco

Could anyone in the know reccomend a great camera for close up macros that don't blurr??????

mark6699331- the item you are inquiring about is called a tripod

agreed. you dont need a great camera to take good macros. a tripod is the most important thing!!! and use a cameras timer release. macros sometimes require no flash with longer exposures so when you manually release the shutter it can cause a slight 'wobble' this might not sound like much but when you get really close the slightest but of movement will result in a blurry image.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
mark6699331 said:
Could anyone in the know reccomend a great camera for close up macros that don't blurr??????

ANYONE?

You can take good macros without a tripod. Like the one I posted above for example. Sure you need to be steady, but the most important thing I found was that you need lots of light. In full sun for example, the exposure will be very fast, so a tripod is not necessary. In low light levels, it nearly impossible to take macros without a tripod though, but yea strong light goes a long way.

- Ez

Last edited:

NightFire

mark6699331 said:

ANYONE?

the tripod will prevent the blurring, like everyone else has said, and should be part of any camera bag.

Now, to give an actual opinion on a camera. Almost any SLR type camera will work very well, but they are a bit complicated if you aren't accustomed to them. I have used Canons for the past 20 years.... (that just made me feel soooo old....)

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
with a super macro shot from the very cheap canon powershot a 430 i won potm... always check out if your new cam has super macro.. work your super macros in full sun and use tripod to hold the cam steady.. tripod isnt 100% nessasery, but gives best results(i dont have one yet)..

8344erdpurtxlitziskunk280906rs7.jpg

8344passion1malejpg2lm2.jpg

8344030506overviewjpg63hk.jpg

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cant beat the sun for clear bright pictures, if you want to go indoors your going to have to build a small studio. make some homemade reflectors and light diffusers for best results, and thats going cheap but effective.

it doesn't have to be a slr, a few modifications will give you an infinite possibility, a slr would just be more professional.

a diffused flash with a thin white cloth can really clear up a picture with a proper white balance in a dark room. so no yellow glow.

sugabear_II

Veteran
my entries

my entries

well well here we go these pictures are my two entries for me Sugabear_II and can be found in my gallery.

The first is called oregon90 and this is a mostly indica strain supposedly from Euguene, OR - I got it from a medical site and the breeder was visioncreator who changed the name when he recieved it from a medical grower in Oregon. This is at 58 days of flower and was grown under a 150 watt hps with supplemental t-8 floro tubes in the cool blue spectrum. The picture was taken using a cannon a410 with tripod under the lighting of the cool blue spectrum t-8 floro tubes.

http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/10099bluegon90_day58_04.JPG

10099bluegon90_day58_04.JPG

and here's a picture of a cross I made with the plant above as the mom using a stud of burmese pure from reef that I grew from seed. The cross resulted in two phenos of the beans I grew out, one indica and sativa. The sativa went 83 days and this picture was shot at 81 days - around 78 days all the leaves turned dark purple and then some of the buds - this picture shows that color as well as the crystal coverage on this plant - smoke is incredible!

http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/10099ob1_sativa_pheno_day81_macro01.JPG

10099ob1_sativa_pheno_day81_macro01.JPG

I'm sure there are better here but thanks for looking

-suga :joint:

Last edited:

sugabear_II

Veteran
redrider said:
I just got a powershot 430 and I love it, works just fine.
I just looked at my camera - it is actually the powershot a410 I thought I had a 430 - the 410 I think came before and is also a good camera and excellent deal. FWIW I'd stick with companies that were camera manufacturers before the digital age like cannon, olympus, kodak, etc as they have the optics background - (stay away from)ones like hp, etc.. - exception being sony which uses ziess lenses.

it's got a great super macro manual mode add a $10 tripod and you're good to go - I paid $119 for mine at circuit city 2 years ago - it's out of production now but you see them on ebay for around $75

edit: jay has a good point setting up your photo space is very important. I like to use cool blue floros - I have a 30 watter in a $5 worklight that plus 60 watts of cool warm in the bathroom fixture gives me a nice even light. When taking macros you can't use the flash so you need to have good light. Also important is background - I'm lazy but sometimes I like to hang black pants behind the plant when taking pictures. A nice dark flat background makes for nicer pictures.

Last edited:

NuggyBuds

Here's my best, (so far) lol
Baby Nuggs,

unknown strain.

9878B_day_2-med.JPG

Good luck to all, some awsome stuff... :joint:

Last edited:

NightFire

SugarBear is right about keeping with camera companies that have been round. Kodak has been around making cameras for a very long time...I've had Kodaks from the 1940's

deadM

I have a Bad cam,

One is an indoor blueberry the other an outdoor afghani landrace... both from my organic garden

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.