What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WelderDan tries Autos

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're on a roll, WD! Excellent work!! Wait until bloom stage- yeowza!

And the comparison shot- Bravo!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt

WelderDan

Veteran
They certainly seem so. That's a nice growth spurt for 8 days. :good:

Yes, I think so too

You're on a roll, WD! Excellent work!! Wait until bloom stage- yeowza!

And the comparison shot- Bravo!

And all I'm doing is watering. No extra nutes besides what I put in the soil mix

wow! for an untopped plant that thing is super bushy
depending on how sturdy the stems are you may need to consider some additional support when she starts to bloom
very nice results sir!

This thing has FAT stems. I've seen plants twice as big that didn't have stems this sturdy

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
infuckingcredible.gif

WelderDan

Veteran
OK, it's time for another update

Here is the Tomsk Petrol. It is starting to fatten up a little.

Next up is the Magnum Opus

I sprouted a backup Magnum Opus, and it's bigger. The last time I sprouted a backup plant, it too got bigger faster, and it turned out to be a male. The male Tomsk Petrol is chilling in the back yard. When it starts dropping pollen I'll hit the female.

Now for some observations. The plants obviously are vigorous, no doubt. Easy growers, no issues there. But I'm not seeing any trichome production yet. No sweet smells. Still just smells of vegging weed. Now I've never grown these before, so maybe they will start to ice up soon. Maybe I've got too much nitrogen in my mix. Not sure yet, but they have at least 6 weeks to go, so time will tell.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
yeeehawww! awesome plant
the sense of perspective is kind of lost here but it looks like you have seen awesome growth and have some nice tops there

WelderDan

Veteran
this might give a little better perspective

12/14

and 12/22

I cut away a few yellowing leaves. I don't normally defoliate, but they were yellowing and in the way of some bud sites, so I whacked 'em.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
yeah man! very nice plants and thanks for the additional photos
you get a much better sense of perspective and can appreciate all her beauty

WelderDan

Veteran
Update time

First up is Tomsk Petrol. She's started to give me some smells now, the pre-flowers have some trichomes and smell sweet. I smell more than just vegging weed when I open the tent. I'm going to give it some extra P&K as well a a pinch of epson salts.

One of the 2 Magnum Opus is male. It showed sex really early and you can see his tiny balls, LOL.

He's already gone. Luckily, the backup Magnum Opus is a female and you should be able to see the pistils. I'll get a staggered harvest, which is fine

I planted another Magnum Opus since I have an available pot that the male vacated.

These fuckers grow fast

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Indeed, hence "auto" as their name sake. Hoping you get a female Magnum Opus!

Thanks for showing the capabilities of afterthought auto strains!

WelderDan

Veteran
Tomsk Petrol putting on weight and starting to smell nice.

Close up of the top cola

And the Magnum Opus

WelderDan

Veteran
I got busy last week and forgot to post an update

First up, I've made an upgrade. Got me a new Mars Hydro TS1000!

Next the Tomsk Petrol is going to be done soon

Close up of the top cola. I seeded a lower bud, so I will have a few seeds too.

The Magnum Opus unfortunately got a little to hot of a mix ( I re-used some soil mix and amended it a bit too much). So it stunted. I'm going to try flushing it real good, but it may be too late.

But I have a backup. It hasn't showed sex yet, but I'm pretty sure it's a female.

I figure the Tomsk Petrol has about 2 weeks, but I'm going to start checking trichomes and will pull it when the trich's say it's done.