What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cleaning Seeds the easy way.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm a lazy SOB and setting up a typical seed cleaner was too much work for me. So I pulled out my old upright vacuum cleaner, gave it a good cleaning, cut the bottom off a kitty litter jug and cut a hole in the lid just big enough to hold the vacuum hose nozzle.

This seems to be the right size jug.
picture.php

After drying the plants, I rubbed the buds through 1/4 inch hardware cloth to remove most of the sticks. Once that was done, I used this.

[iframe1]sWNICOpw5Qs[/iframe1]

Worked great and can do it on the kitchen table (when the wife isn't here. lol)

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Nice little trick there. When harvesting seed I like to set up on a large flat table, prop up some wide books at a 45 degree angle, and break the buds up at the top. All the seeds roll right down onto the table while most of the bud remains on the book. Figured this out breaking up commercial grade bud with some buddies when I was a teenager and the book on my lap was at an angle, so naturally the seeds went everywhere. Years later when collecting seed from my own herbs I remembered this incident (which was a nuisance at the time) that proved to be a helpful way to separate seeds.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The way we did it when I was a kids was to throw them out the car window :(

It crushes me to think of the genetics I/we so cavalierly just dumped on the ground.

Latest posts

Latest posts