What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor DWC Grow - Super Lemon Haze

Crazy Chester

Hi everyone!

I've been experimenting with doing DWC outdoors. I have threads going on showing outdoors DWC grows of MAC1, Capstone and C99 at these links, respectively:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=375557

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=375261

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=375558

Since MAC1, Capstone and C99 are doing so well, I thought I'd throw a Super Lemon Haze clone outdoors to flower in a DWC container to see how she does. Here she is settling into her new spot:

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Little stretch - but, little buds too!

Little stretch - but, little buds too!

Hardly any stretch so far on this girl - but, she's quickly stacking the pistils:

Crazy Chester

Super Lemon Haze is maturing rapidly

Super Lemon Haze is maturing rapidly

Nice lemon/melon smell reeking off this girl:
picture.php
picture.php

Crazy Chester

Harvest!

Harvest!

I was expecting to take this to 10 weeks of flowering, or at least 9, but amber trichomes were approaching single digit percentages, so I harvested her at 60 days when she looked like this:
picture.php
picture.php

I left three buds on the plant that were pollinated a month ago so that they can finish over the next couple weeks - that may have caused the whole plant to mature faster than normal.

The developing seeds are:

1. SLH x GG4 BX7
2. SLH x Tahoe Alien
3. SLH x Crumbled Lime

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Hi Nordic Stoner! I don't know what she smokes like yet - this is my first harvest with her. The source of the clone was GH via Purple City Genetics. According to Purple City Genetics, the clone is the "Breeders cut by Franco". If that's true, she must be over 20 years old.

The smoke test will be coming in a week or two, so stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!

johnnybhang

Hi Nordic Stoner! I don't know what she smokes like yet - this is my first harvest with her. The source of the clone was GH via Purple City Genetics. According to Purple City Genetics, the clone is the "Breeders cut by Franco". If that's true, she must be over 20 years old.

The smoke test will be coming in a week or two, so stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!

I'm interested in this as well. The super lemon haze by pcg is making its rounds in the clubs quite a bit around Norcal. Would be a nice nod to Franco if it is his cut.

Crazy Chester

hows the smoke?

I'm interested in this as well.

It's been about 10 days into the cure, so I packed a small pipe with my first sample consisting of a broken up and then compressed ball of Super Lemon Haze. First, aroma - it smells like lemonade to me - it has medium/strong terps. Bag appeal - I think it's beautiful - dense, bright colored and sparkly buds. Taste - similar to the smell, sweet and sour on the inhale and exhale and it has a tart aftertaste. High - excellent - just what the doctor ordered "up" + "clean" + "buzzed" + "motivated" + "energy" with a slight pressure in the upper part of my face and forehead. It made me get up and get things done for about two hours, when I realized I'd been totally unconscious about being high over that time period. Of course that made me focus on it and I determined I was certainly high. It tapered off until being imperceptible about three hours later, leaving absolutely no indica like "dopey"-ness or tiredness. It left me exactly as it had found me. It was just as I'd hoped it would be. Well done Franco - you live on in your "lives up to the hype" Super Lemon Haze! Thank you to Purple City Genetics for making it available.

Crazy Chester

Seeded Lower Buds - Harvested Six Weeks Post-Pollination

Seeded Lower Buds - Harvested Six Weeks Post-Pollination

After letting the pollinated lower buds go a couple weeks longer than the harvested un-pollinated main plant, I decided to harvest her today. Here she is pre-chop (with labels attached):
picture.php

Closer:

picture.php

picture.php

Crazy Chester

Three Types of Seeds

Three Types of Seeds

Top to bottom:

Red = SLH x Alien Tahoe
Blue = SLH x GG4 BX7
Green = SLH x Crumbled Lime

picture.php

johnnybhang

It's been about 10 days into the cure, so I packed a small pipe with my first sample consisting of a broken up and then compressed ball of Super Lemon Haze. First, aroma - it smells like lemonade to me - it has medium/strong terps. Bag appeal - I think it's beautiful - dense, bright colored and sparkly buds. Taste - similar to the smell, sweet and sour on the inhale and exhale and it has a tart aftertaste. High - excellent - just what the doctor ordered "up" + "clean" + "buzzed" + "motivated" + "energy" with a slight pressure in the upper part of my face and forehead. It made me get up and get things done for about two hours, when I realized I'd been totally unconscious about being high over that time period. Of course that made me focus on it and I determined I was certainly high. It tapered off until being imperceptible about three hours later, leaving absolutely no indica like "dopey"-ness or tiredness. It left me exactly as it had found me. It was just as I'd hoped it would be. Well done Franco - you live on in your "lives up to the hype" Super Lemon Haze! Thank you to Purple City Genetics for making it available.

Thanks for the update and pictures. Good to see that the slh is something special. It's still in some dispensaries around Norcal. Looks more interesting then some of the other dispensary plants i've seen grown out from "top" clone providers around these parts.

Crazy Chester

Thanks for the update and pictures. Good to see that the slh is something special. It's still in some dispensaries around Norcal. Looks more interesting then some of the other dispensary plants i've seen grown out from "top" clone providers around these parts.

Yup - this Purple City Genetics SLH cut seems to be the real deal - but, if not, it's certainly good enough for me! I hope they keep offering it - I may have to go get a new one, as my cut from the mother I have flowering indoors do not seem eager to root.

EDIT: SLH is a proud cut - she likes to prove me wrong and she popped out a root less than a day after I said that!

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Those are some tasty sounding crosses you have in those seeds.
Yes - should be some serious plants that come out of these! I'll post pics of the seeds I get when the buds are dry - I know I got some calyxes pollinated - I just don't know how many until I break them open in a week or two.