What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Notill scrog living soil organic

Second run.
2x4 bed
3x3 bed
30 gallon bed

Ethos Cookies Limited edition,
Ethos Citradelic Sunset
and a Homemade cross of a buddies ( Blackberry breath x MAC )

My own custom soil I threw together and let cook for 1-2 months.
Added worms, hypoaspis mites, springtails, nematodes.
Innocoluated once with microbial mass and earth alive soil activator
Cover crops 10+ types including 4 types of clover, fenugreek, hairy vetch, chickpeas, barley, buckwheat. Chop and dropped.
Watered automated by blumat + blusoak drip tape system.

picture.php

picture.php

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Always wanted to do a scrog... always scared off by the amount of work!!

Looking forward to following your journal.

I honestly would say now doing scrog.. Its actually way less work... I mean weaving the branches in between isnt very hard and it keeps everything very organized. My first run was a jungle with all diff heights and issues.

The soil mix I made up. Was totally random. Wasnt sure if it would work / killl the plants. But they seem to be doing really well. I just made sure to cook it for 2 months and get lots of diverse composts / ewc.

base
promix hp - myco 26gallon
rice hulls 5 gallon
Biochar - 5 gallons
ewc - 7.5 gallons
Sea soil compost - 7.5 gallons
Hop organic compost - 7.5 gallons
pumice - 6 gallons

to that add per cu ft

minerals
1 cups glacial rock dust
1 cup basalt rock dust
1 cup oyster shells
1 cup gypsum
0.5 cup dolomite
0.5 cup azomite
0.5 cup greensand
0.25 cup epsom salts
0.5 cup zeolite

ferts
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup alfalfa meal
0.5 cup insect frass
1 cup fish bone meal
1 cup feather meal
1 cup bat guano
0.5 cup langbenite
0.5 cup neam meal
0.5 cup karanja meal

extras
1 cup bokashi
1/2 cup humic acid granular
1/2 cup malted barley

Bmac1

Veteran
Pulling up a seat. Its funny how similar this is to my most current run in my sig. I did a 2 plant SCROG in a 25gal SIP with a very similar soil mix. The SCROG wasnt as nice as yours but one of the two plants was also citradelic sunset.

Cheers

Grapefruitroop

:hotbounce:hotbounce:hotbounce Pure Fire! Sweeet! Good job!!!
I have a question....For some reasons (mainly lazyness and tired of sweat and dust) i was thinkin for next run to attempt a kind of no till approach and instead of just get the old soil mix out of the pot, take the rootballs off, remixing with shovel and then reuse it.....what if i just cut the plant, take the rottball off the pot and plant the new clone straight in that hole in the 7 gal pot, without remixing and leaving the old root inside...without even movin the pots?? ...do you think it will work?
my mix is very light and fluffy with 1/3 coco 1/3 perlite 1/3 peat
I mean do you think that the recently cutted old roots will bother the rate of growth of the new plant in it?
It will save me about 9 hours of extreme hustle and im sick and tired of the dust...(i wear a good mask btw)

I also read somewhere that the no till tek perform better on large bed....also im not organic, i use megacrop but with lots of organic imputs like LAB, ACT, trichodermas,Kelp and tiny bit of EWC in the mix...
:bandit:

Hey man! thanks for the kind words.

I wish i could give you some advice but im a super noob myself. This is just my second run with notill. I personally just reuse my own soil for vegging tho and stuff. I just cut the plants at the soil level / and remix them all up with ammendments.. gaiagreen all purpose usually. and leave for a couple weeks and roots are gone. otherwise i just plant into my beds. The beds break down the roots really quick.

Honestly im not sure how it woudl work for you i dont know much about megacrop ? I think if your using salts then you dont want to be recycling to much because of salt build up ? but im not sure to be honest. I think i was just really lucky with my grow haha

calientecarlos

Veteran
Nice friggin work! Thanks for sharing!

What lights are you runnin? Just got back into indo and am trying to decide on new lights..