What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A few pictures from a dinosaur

superpedro

Veteran
Perhaps this helps:
picture.php

You can build it large enough for more than one fogger.
If one isn't enough to keep humidity. It is nice to have the option of running one continuously - only hooked up to the timer -and one controlled by the hygrostat. It will counteract the roller coaster values.

superpedro

Veteran
First manicure.
Plants trimmed down to 4 growtips each. Fan leaves removed from top two growtips to slow them down, and get them level with the next pair.
picture.php

superpedro

Veteran
I want a new setup!:biggrin:
Actually this was the plan all along when I build the attachment to my house. I just couldn't wait, and ended up being stuck with my old gear.
I have decided on a 3x5 tent with four sp150. This means I need to move my heat exhange, but get enough room for my veg tent.

I may deviate from standard kiss approach.
I don't know if any of you remember some of my old grows? I've been running aquariums since I was 6 years old, and do hydro based on my knowledge from this hobby.

For this old micro-grow I made a small setup using a homebuild biofilter, using no pseudo-biology additives, no res cleaning and never exhanged more than 50% water at one time.
It is stable and gives you a different NO3:NH4 ratio similar to soil/organic, high NH4 availability with a low gradient.
IMO this ratio is everything when it comes to difference in product from different grow-styles.
picture.php

picture.php

This was aquarium-style kiss version of hydro. Now I want to do a more advanced version.
My LED setup wants moisture making an evaporative reservoir cooler with a dryfilter a good solution. Cheap and easy DIY.
I would like to place a RO auto-top up system in the res, and use one of my reef computers to maintain EC/Ph with different dosage pumps.
I can do many measurements of elements myself, but I could be fun to get something similar as ICP-OES tests done at a lab, like i do for my reef along the way..
A fun monitor to install would be a orp probe/redox. Not to add/control ozone, but just to learn what the system is doing.

BTW, ozone is one of those things a just can't figure out why it isn't being used by those hydro-growers who likes to keep things sterile.
It's free oxygen radicals just like H2O2, but easy to control and add..

Lots of time to think right now. Sorry ;)

V

voidpainter

Damn you got some mad aquarium skills there. Definitely following this. Also thanks for that DIY humidifier info!

DiverDave

Great , So you should enjoy a painless and easy grow experience.
I am just stating the obvious because I have been using those rock for something called Bio Buck tech. here on some large threads by that name and it does work.

picture.php

DD

superpedro

Veteran
Great , So you should enjoy a painless and easy grow experience.
I am just stating the obvious because I have been using those rock for something called Bio Buck tech. here on some large threads by that name and it does work.

View Image

DD
Yup! Same idea.

One good thing about a filter in the res or external is the ability to keep the culture going, since you don't have to clean the media for roots.
A dry filter as evaporative cooler is a cheap way of taking it a step further. And a very effective reservoir cooler.

superpedro

Veteran
Be aware that you don't use the media with superlarge surface area, then you would get the anaerobic part of the N cycle. Goodbye nitrate ;)

DiverDave

I took the bio bucket basket lid with lava rock idea one step further and you hit on it by saying an extra large (mine is in the rez) lava bio filter and I put a 4" stone under the basket to shoot air thru to complete that process.

I look forward to see where you going .. fish and shrimp ? lol

DD

superpedro

Veteran
I have started working again as my country opens up.
I just got used to having a lot of spare time but I did miss having an income.
Sadly that means I won't have time for a lot of updates. But here is a short recap of the past weeks:

Had to deal with the usual N-tox from my bagsoil. (knew they would, allways does, too lazy to mix soil from bottom up. I just fix pH)
Had to try this light-bleach phenomena everybody goes on about. Just a little bit on one plant, but enough to teach me respect..:)
One of the so called Green gelatos from RQS started autoflowering in late veg..:moon:
Switched to 12/12 last friday.
Seems happy.
picture.php

Not a green gelato, but "something green"? from rqs. Moved to a greenhouse.
picture.php

Cheers

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Meh on the autoflower reaction. Happens to some vars when the roots touch the sides of pots. Not useful at all..

So how are you judging the plants under LED so far?

superpedro

Veteran
Meh on the autoflower reaction. Happens to some vars when the roots touch the sides of pots. Not useful at all..

So how are you judging the plants under LED so far?
Yup. That is a bit annoying.
Wonder why they should do it though. A sister plant, far left in the tent looks like a normal indica photoperiod plant. This looked like a sativa from start.
Wonder if they messed it up and either got a "false" seed in the mix, or tainted pollen.

So far I'd say the LEDs are on par, if not better, than my normal 400W MH setup.
Looking forward to flower.:woohoo:

superpedro

Veteran
Thanks Buddy.

Nice to see you back, it's been a few years. :)

Btw, the answer from RQS was that they could take no responsibility for their seeds, since the retailer I used, may have stored them wrong.
So, you learn new stuff every day. You can turn regular photoperiod seeds into auto genetics by faulty storage. :D

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Btw, the answer from RQS was that they could take no responsibility for their seeds, since the retailer I used, may have stored them wrong.
So, you learn new stuff every day. You can turn regular photoperiod seeds into auto genetics by faulty storage. :D

Haha.. what bull crap. Sounds like an unstable hybrid or the seed machine popped an auto in there by mistake.

superpedro

Veteran
13 days of flower.
I like the LEDs. Structure looks a lot like hps.
picture.php

Didn't know if my aggressive budsite/branch removal would be to much, but they have made plenty of new branches. Looks like the branch removal at week 3, will be just as usual.
Bottom cannopy:
picture.php

Allready gotten way to dense.
picture.php

Bud stretch similar to hps too.
picture.php

picture.php