What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Star notes

vtgirl

Hello anyone else save star notes? Here's my newest one

Attachments

• IMG_20200202_170411.jpg
    IMG_20200202_170411.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 101

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup, been saving and collecting those for 40+ years and have a stack of them plus others that were purchased at auctions like greatcollections.com

Another type of note you might look to save would be Barr dollars. Joseph Barr was only in office a short time

"A Barr dollar is a 1963B $1 Federal Reserve note signed by former Secretary of the Treasury Joseph W. Barr. Barr served as treasury secretary for only 28 days, the shortest term on record. He served from Dec. 21, 1968, to Jan. 20, 1969, and signed only the $1 bill."

Happy Collecting :tiphat:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I have a very small stack of star notes...
They're interesting, and not all that hard to find if you keep your eyes open...

This one is easily my favorite star note...
A buddy gave this to me soon after he brought it home from Amsterdam in the early '80s...

Attachments

• Star note-obverse.jpg
    Star note-obverse.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Star note-reverse.jpg
    Star note-reverse.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 95

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Those used to be more common, but I am going from old memory. Back then the asterick was a symbol that the bill had been replaced and they re-used the S/N.

My way of messing with the treasury was to keep nickels. Actually went to trouble to get them. Had a 5 gallon bucket pretty full when it got stolen. It was heavy. www.coinflation.com for why

Latest posts

Latest posts