What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone using laptop to pull codes and program and such

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
well I am taking the leap...was needing a code reader but decieded to get a cable and program for my laptop.. don't know how good it will be as it was cheap compared to other sites...I went back to school inn 95 to learn the systems and never used my skills after....I am getting the remapping and programming cd next month..this month its just obd1/2.....yeehaw...ordered from ebay eminentauctions toad software and elm 327 connector...

blastfrompast

Veteran
Lemme know how it goes, buddy has a nice reader that plugs into his laptop so he can tune his car on the fly, or pay to have someone tune it over the internet.

He has a little beamer convertible that I would consider a sleeper car........It goes Light speed if he touches the gas....I hate driving with the MOFO...not big into whiplash from accelleration or dying in a firey crash

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ya I will.. the software is from Australia and the cables from china.. anytime after the 13th the stuff should be here...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
works great after a driver issue was resolved.. yeehaw....t.o.a.d. software... eminentauctions ebay or total car diagnostics website...good customer service great prices

wordsux

I will have to look into this remapping is not usually doable on a stock ecu. You usually need some sort of chip or an aftermarket ecu installed.

What vehicle is this on?

WelderDan

Veteran
I got a Superchips tuner for my Charger. Firmed up the shifts, raised the rev limiter and bumped the top speed from 126 (limit of the stock tires) to 160 (It now has V rated tires).

Took it up to 155 and it still had pedal left. I'm sure it will hit the 160 limit. Yee-Fucking-Haw!

Latest posts

Latest posts