What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Antique Guns

Wendull C.

Veteran
That 7x57 in an original rifle is cool. I have only shot the newer rifles chambered for 7x57 and found it to be comparable to a .270 win. just doesn't shoot as flat.

Green Squall

That 7x57 in an original rifle is cool. I have only shot the newer rifles chambered for 7x57 and found it to be comparable to a .270 win. just doesn't shoot as flat.

As for comparisons, I've heard people say the 7.65 Argentine is very similar to the .303 British.

shithawk420

Veteran
HA! Right you are Squall!Good point! It didnt even cross my mind it was one handed! Damn this awesome weed!

Green Squall

Do you need a gun license to buy an antique gun on net ?

As long as it is Pre-1899, no. Do you research before buying anything though. For example, you don't want to be putting modern ammo through a gun that shoots black powder rounds.

Last edited:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Gunbroker is great.
I recently bought a really nice wooden gripped almost new Sig P938 for Mrs. Ahab on gunbroker with four mags included for short money. I also bought her a Sticky brand holster for pocket or purse carry.
She is fond of the M1911 design and although she can shoot my 1911 well, it's too big for her. The small frame Sig in 9mm is very similar and a great pistol for her hand size that she can control and carry with confidence.

St. Phatty

Do any of you guys re-load ?

I tried a powder named Trailboss, thought it was useful.

Basically very fast burning, and the opposite of dense (fluffy ?).

So it's very difficult to over-load. 1 308 brass might take .9 grams.

In the reviews at MidwayUSA lots of people mention using it for older firearms.

belleswell

tJKUiWPh.jpg

8WYwUmah.jpg

2mHc24Jh.jpg

Last edited:

belleswell

Nice weapon, but dang, nice swimmin' hole!

We both retired 3 years ago and moved from the big city where we had been life long residents. We fell in love with this place. The pond is just over a half acre and sits about 30 feet from our home. My view of the pond from my man cave is amazing. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to stop recording, set the guitar down, and start taking pics. The wildlife the pond attracts is amazing.

The pond has huge hybrid bluegills, perch, and bass. Some of the hybrid gills are 13 inches. Some of the perch are 14 inches, and some of the bass are almost 7 lbs which is huge for Michigan. I've seen almost 70 different species of birds from my man cave, out of Michigan's 120 or so different species. Never a dull moment watching critters around the pond. I just joined the site and if you look at some of my other posts, you'll see a bunch of fish pics, and wildlife from the pond. "I am haunted by waters."

j

Last edited:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
We both retired 3 years ago and moved from the capital city where we had been life long residents. We fell in love with this place. The pond is just over a half acre and sits about 30 feet from our home. My view of the pond from my man cave is amazing. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to stop recording, set the guitar down, and start taking pics. The wildlife the pond attracts is amazing.

The pond has huge hybrid bluegills, perch, and bass. Some of the hybrid gills are 13 inches. Some of the perch are 14 inches, and some of the bass are almost 7 lbs which is huge for Michigan. I've seen almost 70 different species of birds from my man cave, out of Michigan's 120 or so different species. Never a dull moment watching critters around the pond. I just joined the site and if you look at some of my other posts, you'll see a bunch of fish pics, and wildlife from the pond. I'm the only guy in Michigan that has 2 state record fish on the books. "I am haunted by waters."

j

The paranoid in me can't help but notice that you might be giving away too much personal info. Just two cents worth.

But yeah, sounds like a great set-up!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The paranoid in me can't help but notice that you might be giving away too much personal info. Just two cents worth.

But yeah, sounds like a great set-up!

michigan is a legal state now, right? i was a mite concerned myself when i first read it, jelly...great pics AGAIN, Belleswell. i am out of rep, but will get some to you when reloaded.

White Beard

P08 Luger, matching numbers, original holster and magazines.
Swagger stick concealing a 22cal round: remove tip, pull pommel to cock, wire trigger. Date unknown.

Both WW2 spoils, perhaps not antique but def collectible

Latest posts

Latest posts