What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Art Collectors?

El Diablo

Any art collector here? I collect limited art edition prints from a variety of different artists. Mike Giant, Shep Fairey, Mr. Brainwash, Gagnon to name a few.
:artist:

THC4SIM

Yea im into art, esp the street art scene,
i like barry mcgee, espo (steve powers), takashi murakami, jeff soto, doze green, osgemeos...
and a whole load of other artists.

Flavum

yes just got into it recently but I love mike giant and shep fairy. were you quick enough to get that tsunami print they just released. im pretty sure it sold out in under 5 minutes, missed out myself.

Anyone into vinyl art?

oldhaole

Veteran
Ain't it Wonderful?

Ain't it Wonderful?

Art is so totaly in the eye of the patron.

What some consider shloch, others place value in.

Here's the piece that is worth the most, yet appeals the least to me.
Next to it is the piece I love the most.

I also have another painting by Haijme Okuda, and a portrait of a Hawaiian woman by D Shepherd.

My favorite shown is the Okuda commisioned by my aunt for my father. It is of the beach we lived at over our summer vacations. Now it is full of people, but back then it was always empty.

I love it because it reminds me of when I was a kid, before the island got overun.

Attachments

• art.jpg
    art.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 76
  • Aunt Alexa's beach.jpg
    Aunt Alexa's beach.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 77

Catfishh

I collect abstract art,as well as prints /paintings from late 60's early 70's when they used alot of bright colors ...

Attachments

• dance.JPG
    dance.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 72

Catfishh

a few more..

Attachments

• crochetART.jpg
    crochetART.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 73
  • oilabridgerefection.jpg
    oilabridgerefection.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 74
  • oilspanish.jpg
    oilspanish.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 74
  • thenoisebehindtheocean.jpg
    thenoisebehindtheocean.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 80

Catfishh

This is one of my favorites ,found at the goodwill awhile back.Im guessing that its the "lost city of atlantis".Naked people walking around the ruins of a city in the water...

Attachments

• lostcity.jpg
    lostcity.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 75
M

Mountain

25+ years back got into collecting prints by Thomas McKnight.

One of my favorites. The image does not do the print justice...the colors are very vibrant and really pop on the print.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I collect Cannabis Brand Labels.
If you look in my old gallery on IC there are a lot, as well as Hashish art nouveau prints and Cannabis botanical prints all hand drawn, I have prints of them.
-SamS

Last edited:
I have a small, but growing, art collection. Most of them are from my favorite artist, and good friend, Rastabot. A Hawaiian Rastamon i have known for years...