What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ferrari, Porsche or Mustang ?

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Don't know why I have to choose......Gotta get them all....like Pokemon!

I'll take one of each in every color. :)

spadedNfaded

Veteran
All cars are "go karts on steroids". They also have huge bulgy body panels and flashy headlights. If we're talking about all-out enjoyment of a sports vehicle. This is it.

I can only imagine it's something very similar to an indy car.

I can't find any videos of the Atom 500, but you can find some vids of the s/c type-r one.
I hear they're not exactly street legal now, but the first couple years they made them they have VIN numbers. So you can still register them. And where you have a honda engine mounted you have extreme possibilities :)

- SubN

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if i could afford any of them i wanted? it would be a 1965 Mustang fastback, with a 351 cleveland & a 4 speed in it. then i would spend some of the money i saved on a car on a rigid framed 1957 Harley panhead. just like the car, it aint the fastest motorcycle either. but it has more class than anything out there, except maybe an older Indian Chief 80" flathead. if all you want is speed, buy an airplane. women that are impressed by flash & dazzle of $$$ aint worth the toilet paper they waste each day...:snap out of it:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I have to go with Porsche because it's a car you can drive without looking like a dick, which everybody in your neighborhood is going to think if you come home at night in a Ferrari. Roommate drove a few Ferraris and we would wake up everybody when we came home, they hated us.

toohighmf

Veteran
I have to go with Porsche because it's a car you can drive without looking like a dick, which everybody in your neighborhood is going to think if you come home at night in a Ferrari. Roommate drove a few Ferraris and we would wake up everybody when we came home, they hated us.

What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine?

"the porsche has the pricks on the inside"

hehe...

Like porche? buy an Audi. then you look smart, rich and cool!

Japanfreakier

Veteran
used Porches are cheaper than used Audi here, seems Japanese care more about their image and they think they don't look cool driving an older model Porsche but older model Audi are ok for some reason.

TLoft13

lol, mustangs cannot be compared to Ferrari's and Porsche's.

All 3 beautifull cars!?!

4514880406_ae16c00560.jpg

Ferrari-575-GTC-Evoluzione-2005-FA-1024x768.jpg

porsche1.jpg

The only ugly thing on the new factory Stang is the round plate on the back, looks like it was designed by some gay gangster.

5434-119-low-wide-rear-view-480.jpg

This one's got em all. The sheer design of the setup, the exoskeleton. Gorgeous!

Ariel Atom 500

1,000 hp per ton? that's 2x a Bugatti.
- SubN

If that's your thing, have you seen this?

ktm-x-bow-1.jpg

Check it out here: http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/ktm-x-bow.htm

M

Mountain

all i want is a fox body 5.0 i can play around with
I had a few of those and great platform to work with! Last one was a '93 LX I got from the original old lady owner who garaged it in the winter...no shit. Added a reworked balanced motor, lowered, adjustable rate shocks, subframe connectors, Borla exhaust, Edelbrock heads and intake, 24 lb. injectors, unequal length headers, fiberglass hood, underdrive pulleys, etc.

The car cornered like it was on rails and the thing holding me up was the tires. Go into a corner and all of a sudden you lose it...lol...lots of fun!

Hell yeah if I could run across a '91 thru '93 LX in good shape at a decent price would do it all over again.

The 2011 GT's with the Coyote 5.0 motor would be my preference now though. Add a blower and you're all set :)

ajc0k

Sorry to bump this, but I can't believe the OP would even compare a mustang to a Ferrari or Porsche. LOL, ford= crap.
I'd take a GT2 RS and a Ferrari 458

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Sorry to bump this, but I can't believe the OP would even compare a mustang to a Ferrari or Porsche. LOL, ford= crap.
I'd take a GT2 RS and a Ferrari 458

GT2 RS = extremely overpriced. The Turbo S is just as quick and the RS 4.0 is a better track car.

458 =
Ferrari-458-Paris-fire.jpg

Stating that Ford is "crap" actually shows how little you know about automobiles.

F150 = Best selling truck for the last how ever many years 20 or so.

F150 Raptor = Baddest Truck on the market

New Mustang V6 = over 300 horsepower and still posts 30mpg

New Mustang 5.0 = 425 horsepower for around 35k

New Mustang Boss 302 LS = Track monster that would smoke a 911 at half the price.

:wave:

I am surprised the OP didn't include the baddest car on the road right now. The 2012 GT-R. 0-60 in 2.8, 1/4 in 10.9, 7:24 ring time. ... bone stock.... oh yeah 92k.
2012-Nissan-GT-R-3.jpg

jd4083

Veteran
Comparing a Ferrari or a Porsche to a Mustang is like comparing a Leerjet to an RC helicopter :laughing:

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
I love it when people here try to discuss cars.

Laguna Seca

6. Ford Mustang Boss 302 LS 1:39.50 130 '12 446 / 1573 Road&Track 45k
7. Porsche 997 GT3 1:39.52 130 '06 415 / 1395 Motortrend 135k
8. Porsche 997 Turbo 1:39.89 130 '06 480 / 1585 Timed by Edmunds.com 155k
9. Porsche 997 Turbo S 1:40.11 130 '10 530 / 1585 road&track 200k+
Forgot about this "crap Ford"
2006_ford_gt_base-pic-6077618233181834084.jpeg

Another "crap" Ford w/ only 1000hp twin turbo V8
shelby_mustang_1.jpg

Then there is this POS Ford that sells for 15 Million...
1965-shelby-cobra-04-600x387.jpg

Ferrari and Porsche are for people who want to show off.

Enthusiasts know better.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Porsche.

German engineering.

Kickass from the start.

Nuff said.

FWIW I always wonder why Ferrari's horse looks like Porsche's...

:bigeye:

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
NISSAN CLAIMs FIRST AND THIRD IN PORTIMÃO CHAMPIONSHIP RACE

2011 FIA GT1 World Championship Round 3 - Championship Race Report
Nissan's historic success in yesterday's GT1 World Championship Qualifying Race in Portimão was followed up by further domination in today's Championship Race, as the German pairing of Lucas Luhr and Michael Krumm claimed victory in the no.23 JR Motorsports, and Jamie Campbell-Walter and David Brabham, in the no.21 Sumo Power GT, secured an excellent third place.

The leading three Nissan GT-Rs started the race first, second and third on the grid - the first such placing by a single manufacturer since the GT1 series' formation - and it was the no.22 JR Motorsports driven by Richard Westbrook that emerged from the opening corner maintaining its first place starting position.
Portugal269hires.jpg

I am sorry the 911 is over priced, outdated, and predominately driven by people that lean towards the douchey side.

If Porsche would get their head out of their ass, they would build a Cayman Turbo, Cayman GT3, and Cayman GT2.... The reason they don't..... It would embarrass the flagship.

Last edited: