What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tuner or Muscle?

G

Greyskull

i want one of these...

picture.php

OCdirty

^^GTR...one car I will own soon....true racing machine...well factor stock that is..
amazing....i was surprised at how I "ALMOST" liked it better then the 997GT3 I got to throw around for a few laps!

GTR is a very capable car....i've had a good amoutn of seat time in the Z06 but think the GTR is just a beast when looking at a car in the 80K range (Z06 is no slouch, but GTR just stabs and goes!)

ohhh thats sweet! i was all muscle till i got into the turner scene...so "i swing both ways" and I'm just talking car types...hahaha

...just a FYI...blur out your license plate...just incase you have something incriminating on the forum...

Meaty

Sorry for the confusion, that car aint mine. I just posted it because there was nothing but tuner. Fun to dream though huh :joint:

dlusion

Not necessarily classified by either the tuner nor muscle stereotype, I prefer cars with great power-weight ratios. My first project car was a 1993 Toyota Celica ST. It came stock with a 103HP 4AFE engine which accelerated to 60MPH in about... three years. The automatic transmission died in it shortly after the purchase, and I began my headway into swapping the engine for a 4AGZE. Same engine block, different pistons and a supercharger... ~160HP, never had the chance to get it dyno'd(sold it when money got tight). It doesn't seem like much, but I'm sure it'd tear my current vehicle (1999 Camaro) to shreds.

*tear*

Muscle are my roots....but there is room for everything.

Just a matter of preference ofr a budget or given application....doesn't have to be one or the other.

My ideal 3 car set-up...

73 SD trans-am
Early 90's chevy S-10 (grocery / parts getter)
Mazda Miata with a ford 5.0

I own a 77' TA, 91 S-10....had a 98 Volkswagen GTI VR6....love them all.

I'd take a 59' chevy any day of the week also.

xcrispi

Here's a cpl. of my rides .
And yeah Muscle BTW .
Was a much simpler time when Elephants and Monsters roamed the streets .
The Chevelle is an 12,000 orig mile car . 396 , t400
The GTO is an 89,000 orig. mile car . 389 tri pwr , 4 spd

Wonder whats gonna happen to the value of the Goat now that Pontiacs gonna be a name of the past ?

X

Attachments

• 1969 chevelle.jpg
    1969 chevelle.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 1864 GTO.jpg
    1864 GTO.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 39

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MUSCLE ALL THE WAY.......

This is my bitch, I can fire her up any time and smoke those tires hard w/the 351Cleveland~4 barrel. I was supposed to have paint on it by now but family business out in NY has forced me to put all MN projects on hold.

a rust free california car that was sitting high & dry in the desert.

OCdirty

and here comes the muscle

I've also got a '66 mustang, '58 Caddy Eldo, and am doing a Sunbeam Tiger for the wife.......

now that i'm unemployed I need to sell some, but the wife says I can't sell the '55 (I love her)