What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fellow Bikers I welcome you to the IC mag Automotive forum

C

chris harris

Thanks. Owned for over 25 years, many memories.
Used to take my kids for rides when they were 4-8 years old. They would sit in front of me. Fat Bob tanks, so they had the gas caps to hold onto, one foot on the horn, other foot on the air cleaner, and we would go. My daughter loved to ride.
My brother just bought a Street Glide, full fairing, etc. Took it for a spin, no thanks, not my style. If you ain't getting pelleted with bugs, rain, gravel, you ain't riding.

N

noyd666

hell yer , I still remember the bee that powered into my chest one summer, pulled up real quick.

Tynehead Tom

I took a bat in the chest last summer cruising home at sundown doing about 80K an hour on my Yamaha grizzly. damn near took me off the bike LOL bruised me up all yellow and purple right in the middle of my chest. scared the fricken hell out of me too LOL

N

noyd666

lol yep fun times, had my hide down the road a few times, fuked a few machines. never got over riding a bike, stays with you forever. whole family raced bikes.

C

chris harris

I took a bat in the chest last summer cruising home at sundown doing about 80K an hour on my Yamaha grizzly. damn near took me off the bike LOL bruised me up all yellow and purple right in the middle of my chest. scared the fricken hell out of me too LOL

Kind of sounds familiar. I hit a Moose cruising home just before midnite ( about a mile from home). Fucker walked right out in front of me. Hit him broadside doing 80 km, think that was the only thing that saved me , was that I wasn't going faster.
Broke my leg, collarbone, 3 ribs, bruised a lung, and 2 separated shoulders. Over a month in the hospital, having nurses wiping my ass for me. Fun times for all!
Was back riding the next year. Wife was on the back of bike at the time, she didn't get hurt too bad, but won't ride at night any more.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I used to ride and race sport bikes.

97 f3 Honda car 600 street
2002 gsxr 600 race bike
2004 Honda car 1000rr street/race
2007 gsxr 600 fully built race bike
Ohlins everything, about 20k into bike

T

Theoldweldflash

Demon could you post up a pic of your track bike? Your new one, not being nosey, just love it when someone else shares the same ferociousness when it comes to speed, gravity, and G forces. The centrifugal forces alone duringna long left or right handed sweepers are to be remembered as if your taking flight. That moment that makes ya control your breathing and mind, focusing only on the road 100' down road cuz that goes by fairly fast at 185...that's mph not km/per.

DemonTrich

Veteran
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=demonrr1&sm=3

Demonrr1 was my youtube channel.

I forgot alot about the bike and what I did to her.
2007 built gsxr 600 fully race bike
25ml Ohlins cart forks $$$$$$$$$$$$
Elka triple clicker rear shock
Bazzaz full tuner with sensor, tune on the fly with data logging
Fully dyno tuned and mapped
Pilot power Michelin at race tires 400set, good forn1 weekend
Case savers
Frame sliders
I forgot all the other goodies.

All my pics are on my laptop. I'll try and post some later tonight.

Attachments

• 2012-07-23_17-39-36_681.jpg
    2012-07-23_17-39-36_681.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2012-07-23_17-38-56_7.jpg
    2012-07-23_17-38-56_7.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 2012-09-30_13-03-04_14.jpg
    2012-09-30_13-03-04_14.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 2012-09-30_13-02-41_97.jpg
    2012-09-30_13-02-41_97.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 07%20gsxr%20600%20bike%20build%20056.jpg
    07%20gsxr%20600%20bike%20build%20056.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Yes, and even more satisfying to see John McPhee getting a win in Moto3 on a really poor bike compared to his rivals.

I wouldn't have said Cals bike had sparkling performance either

Great news for all us Brits, at last and hopefully it'll bring some money to the LCR team:woohoo::woohoo:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I wouldn't have said Cals bike had sparkling performance either

Great news for all us Brits, at last and hopefully it'll bring some money to the LCR team:woohoo::woohoo:

Comparatively it is nowhere as bad as McPhees I think

But yes, Cal won on a non factory bike, it also happened earlier this year, but previously not since Toni Elias on the first RCV IIRC... that pic of him smoking it out of the final turn was heading for the win (again, IIRC)

This year, with the new standard ECU, massive work getting the bikes to behave, but nobody apart from Ducati has been helping the Satellite teams, so LCR, Tech 3 etc are often outside the top 10

Tynehead Tom

I'd love to take a trip to Isle of Mann and Ireland and have my Indian shipped over for the trip. I'm a direct decendant to the original duke and duchess of Mann , the "royalty" at the time when Britain took over waayyyy back in history. Deep ties to Ireland as well and both islands are on my bucket list to ride. I always joke around with my buds that the Isle of Mann is "my" island ;)

N

noyd666

like watching those older café bikes that off load the ferry, would be a trip fer sure.

T

Theoldweldflash

Valentino's triumphant days were always a pleasure to watch, the kid could ride the rubber off those Michelin slicks! It was always Max Biaggi or Valentino Latin on each other's bikes holding lines that were unreal to visualize the sheer g's that would be pullin you hard into the seat pan, and rolling in that throttle as you drop the knee then your boots and rearset start draggin, and then you know you're posted perfectly when your elbow,knee and boots all sliding along that ever so close to no tire contact at all. Bangin footage on utube with these guys going hard at it, in epic racing form!

hell yer , I still remember the bee that powered into my chest one summer, pulled up real quick.
get some leathers!

got one in my helmet years ago, 100 to 0 in zero seconds :woohoo:

oh since its about bikes & animals, just saved a stray kitten in the middle of nowhere, it was stuck in a fence, good thng i had gear on because damn it was pissed when i approached it, it should be warm and happy in the shelter by now:woohoo:

ps i dont have a car, not even a cars license :woohoo:

DemonTrich

Veteran
If your dragging the hard part of your bike, your doing it all wrong. At least those were the words from my WERS coaches. Dragging hard parts can catch on the track and cause highsides. I know first hand

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My buddy is into the crotch rockets , has a Repsol 1000 & a 600 ninja , both with extensive work to make them run better & faster .
i'm into cruisers have had a couple harleys over the years & a few rice burners . just sold my 09 suzuki boulavard M90 1500cc , didn't like the way i was stretched out to ride it . the bikes alot bigger than it looks !

not my pic , i deleted mine after i sold it

picture.php

but now i'm in the market for a dresser ,preferably an ultra . something the wife can ride on with me comfortably . getting to old & worn out to be racing around town anymore .

hit in the chest ...... freakin pigeons are the worst !!! have caught at least 3 in the chest & face over the years of city riding lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts