What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do I delete posts I make and or edit posts to not show keywords in a search?

G

Due to potential security issues locally I would like to be able to totally delete some of my posts in some threads if I can.

Also another partial solution is to be able to edit my posts and remove or change key words so as to not show in a search of a word as in a brand name or breeder for example.
I did edit a few posts replacing a key word that is easily searchable with something else like xxxx. Yet doing another search with the search parameter word still will include my post even showing the “xxx” instead of the search parameter word I just removed from the post. The search parameter word appears no where in the post.
I understand if my post was previously quoted before I edited my original post and can’t put that genie back in the bottle.

Little help please.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything you've ever published is still viewable no mater how many times you edit it.

If you've security concerns what you've said in the past cannot be retracted.

Always keep in mind that;
"Anything you say can be used against you in court!" whenever you post anything on the interwebs.

G

I know its all out there but I had hoped it would at least not show on a search using this sites search tools. I have used google in a IC search "keywords here" and have links pop up that the link just goes to the general forum tab. Some folks I know in person that if they stumbled across a thread of mine could possibly put 2 and 2 together. Its not terribly bad but would prefer to remain anonymous on here unless I chose to reveal personal info to a member. Remember never tell never sell and never smell. There is one person and his wife in the world outside my home that knows I have a small grow. Human nature being what it is Id like to keep it that way unless I choose to tell someone I could trust like a fellow grower.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find it annoying too, sometimes you make a Google search, getting the results, click on them and landing on the main page. This is the case for instance with older Chimera seeds threads that got moved to another subforum, but this change was done months and years ago. WTH...