What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tools

sc1

Can anyone reccomend a few testing meters or tools for using coco or soil. Such as ppm tds ec ph

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ppm, ec, tds are all different ways of measuring the same thing so you'll only need one of those and a pH meter.

I'd avoid a combo meter for the simple fact that if one portion of the meter becomes unusable, you still have to replace that meter.

RB56

Veteran
I've had great luck with Bluelab. pH meter and EC Truncheon. Also good to have pH drops for testing as a backup or reference, if you don't believe what you're seeing on the meter.

sc1

I’ve run into some deficiencies. I can’t see if I’ve added too many nutrients or if they need more. So just one ppm or ec and a ph. Well I’ll do some research.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you can post a picture of your plant and some environmental information you might get some help with diagnosis.

Goats

i will second the bluelab suggestion. my partner dropped two cheap pH pens into the reservoir before we spent the money on the bluelab. it's been almost 3 years now and it's still going strong.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bluelab pens should be a dime a dozen. The truncheon is gold.

I like the Guardian meter but when I buy a new one it'll be Hanna or otherwise.

RicoT

Another vote for the truncheon here. I think it was a little expensive, but it's the only one I've ever had to buy in years, and have never calibrated it or anything other than wiping it dry and back in the plastic tube till next time.

For Ph, I use the drops. Cheap and reliable. Although sometimes I do wonder how accurate or close to 6 I actually am with the "pee yellow" standard.

Latest posts

Latest posts