What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4 plant only set up, what would the best size tent be?

CannaN00b

Canada will have home cultivation legal in October for 4 plants and this got me thinking... What would thr ideal set up be to maximize the legal limit for 4 plants only? Lots of guys at work talking about this and thoguht I'd ask here

Cork144

could do a 2m x 2m tent with a 4 plant screen of green or heavy LST, 4x 600w hps, unless you got the cash to splash on LED

4x4 tent with 630w Cmh

4x4 tent with 630w Cmh

as stated above, I'm growing organic i have a 4x4 with a 630w cmh organic no till in 4.5 gal square pots pulling 5 ounces per plant (usually a little more but rounding down... on a 5 week veg after clones root.

CrossBones

I'm doing fine for me in a basement .60m x 1.22m x 1.83m / 2 x 4 x 6ft tent with cheap viperspectra leds and a temp controlled extraction fan. 4 to 6 plants. if you got the room any size will do..

picture.php

You can grow four plants in a 2ft×2ft tent with 250 watts of light and probably produce enough product to keep one man supplied with personal product if you grow continuously. Or you could grow 4 plants in a 10x10x10 room with 4000 watts of light and pull over a pound per plant.

I've seen plants grown outdoors that produce 10 lbs per plant or more under ideal conditions.

It all depends on your goals, skills, resources, and genetics.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
4x600 HPS-too much?

4x600 HPS-too much?

could do a 2m x 2m tent with a 4 plant screen of green or heavy LST, 4x 600w hps, unless you got the cash to splash on LED

I like 1 x 600w HPS in a 3x4x6 foot box for 4 plants 🌱

Good Luck :plant grow:

Limeygreen

Veteran
if you want led or hid lightening is one issue, if you can afford leds i recommend it for heat purposes. 4 x 4 tent one cycle half pound to one pound per run depending variety. separate tent for 2 mothers then two in flower? Small cupboard to tent can keep your mothers going or new seeds started with floro lights. Veg to size in the small tent to continuously grow or veg in flower tent to train or have a break in between. Summer run a couple outside and keep bills down if you're able to.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A 10 foot by 10 foot room with 5 1000 watt single ended hung vertically in an X pattern with 4 plants arranged like so:

XOX
OXO
XOX

Lights are Xs, plants are Os.

insomniac_AU

How long will it take from putting seeds in to harvest? You're going to need quite a bit of veg time. Large yields need large plants. Would it be better to have a veg chamber as well and run 2 plants in each? You should be able to grow large plants in the veg chamber while the other 2 are flowering. I'm not sure if the net result over time would be more or less but it would mean you would be perpetually flowering. You also wouldn't have all your eggs in one basket because you'd have crops twice as often. Just throwing ideas out there. There's more than one way to skin a cat. :tiphat: