What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFT and Bubba Kush, rocks, cats, dogs and stuff

paper thorn

Veteran
notes on my methods/ways...

I use cat litter buckets for my res, because i have them and they work good.

in veg it wedges between the wall and the end of the table.

I never check PPMs.

I have, but it's scary, so i don't. I checked my tap water, which is what I use and it was like 1200 or some crap. by the time i add nutes, i'm 1800 - 1900 or some crazy thing like that.

I don't check pH either. Well, I know that when I add a teaspoon of Maxibloom to a gallon of water, that it is pH 6.0 perfect.

I never check it in the res. If it's rising up to 6.5, it seems to be ok and i would not know. better for my brain or peace of mind or something.

I use Maxibloom (MB) in veg and flower. i've been known to use maxigrow in veg, but it's easier for me to just use MB. I use it 1 teaspoon to a gallon.

I use Kool Bloom at around 4 to 5 weeks. sometimes I use some H and G Top Booster I've got.

3 lights in bloom. 2 1Ks with Phantom ballasts set at 750. my othe 1k bulb is out so I'm using a 600 for now in that hood. lights are in air cooled hoods.

I have 1 NFT table in bloom, but will add another one when I get the veg NFT fully loaded, if the Cinn Haze currently under the 600 is not done.

I have a 205 watt LED over my moms. it is a badass vegging light. I have a couple 2' 4 bulb t5s that i don't use right now. 2 4' 4 bulb t5s that I use, but I hate t5s. They're too hard to replace and they're expensive.

I have 3 t12 shoplights that rock. I'm convinced that t12 shoplights are best. As t5s burn out, I'll be getting 10 dollar shoplights to replace them.

I'm lousy at monocropping, my grows always turn into perpetuals. Keeps me trimming on a semiregular basis, but I usually don't have to chop and trim a pound all at once.

That's mainly it, oh, i know -:tiphat:

Strains:

pre98 Bubba Kush

Diesel

Blueberry

Blue Steel

Phoenix lights (have this and BS in bloom, they smell amazing)

Dr Who

Cinnamon Haze

Cheese

Firestorm

Original Glue

paper thorn

Veteran
buds

buds

some Blueberry bud pics.

This is a Blueberry bud on a sweet rock that's going to make some bitchen pipes.

Full disclosure: Though I talked about this earlier, I know no one besides me remembers of course, lol; my "Blueberry" is a cross of a Blueberry female and a WhiteRussian/Blueberry male.

The WRBB was from some seeds that Big Tex gave me a while back. he's a great guy.

So resiny, sweet smelling, but i don't think i'd call it a blueberry smell.

paper thorn

Veteran
New NFT in bloom done

New NFT in bloom done

I have it filled with water with a little bleach. I want to clean it good and tomorrow I'll hit it with some Physan20. It'll be ready to go late tomorrow night.

I used a cheap tarp to make the trough. it's on a heavy wire rack almost 4 feet long and 2 feet wide. I made a bottom of 3/8 OSB topped with 1 inch think pink rigid foam board. on 1 side a 2 x 6 4 feet long with screws and washers to hold it tight to the side of the wire rack.
I say heavy duty because The wires are about 1/4 inch thick.
It's a rack like you see overhead in a building that they run network cables along.

a 2 x 6 on the other side held up by a base that fits in between the foam board bottom and the side of the rack. it gives me a 16 inch wide NFT trough and enough room beside it for a few 1 gallon pots.

I'll try to get a pic or two up soon. Right now the NFT in veg is full. replacements are in the cloner. I'll put the first tray of FireStorm on the new NFT table in bloom tomorrow night.

I cut a taster bud off of the big FireStorm in bloom. Trichs are about half cloudy, so very soon. I'll get to try it out tomorrow for the first time. i can't wait.

paper thorn

Veteran
New NFT flipped

New NFT flipped

So the new NFT table in bloom is ready. you can see it flowing fast and all the drippers are flowing fast too.

I moved the first tray from the veg table to the bloom room. Firestorm and one gg4 stuck in there.

Nice white roots.
I knew roots would be a problem on this setup. they were a bit tangled with roots on another tray, but they came apart ok. I'll figure out a fix for that soon.
the different lengths are because i suck at cloning; they root, just at different times.

Jedi_Grower

Hey good job here's some free ad I've you granite rock chips about 1/4 inch in size works way better then those pellets and you can use the rocks forever and it very cheap to get rocks

paper thorn

Veteran

I suck at cloning, because I can't seem to get them all to root at the same time. I see the posts of 100 healthy clones just planted and look in awe. But i do get good roots eh?

Cinnamon Haze in NFT under a 600. the light was too low at first and apparntly made these girls foxtail all weird and crazy. the buds not directly under the light are normal.

That's a normal CH bud. super fat. goes 12 weeks though. I like it, but I'm not sure I going to keep it. I don't think anyone else cares for it.

These are my Cheese. They get fat and rock hard. I think I postsd somewhere that they takes 12 weeks, but that was a mistake. No, no. This Cheese takes 14 weeks. 3 1/2 months.
Everyone but me loves it to death. They say it's the best weed they've smoked. and these guys work in a dispensary grow and smoke the finest weed all day. They also like my Bubba and even my Dr. Who, Which came from their grow lmao. but they say mine's better.

for now the long running Cheese stays.

paper thorn

Veteran

The new NFT filled up Day 1 Bloom.

The splash guard and a peek under it. nice waterfall keeps the res well aerated. The nail has a red fuzzy twisty holding the 1/2" drip line over to the side.

This is the veg table empty and waiting for clones, still running.

And to keep up with my old seeds/new strains tradition, here's a Golden Cindy seedling from 10 year old seeds. See how goofy it got with that long skinny leaf, but it looks like it's going to put out kinda normal leaves next.

Sometimes seedlings from old seeds look like they have a virus. I'll post some more later, have to go through more pics first.

paper thorn

Veteran

Some Arizona Lights, (i've been calling it phoenix lights) it got really dark.

Another mutant seedling from old seeds. and a clone that would not root, so i stuck it in a cup. Root or die.

A couple more seedlings that have mostly grown out of the old seed stunt.

paper thorn

Veteran
those old seeds can be tough. But pop em now, they just keep getting older!

another struggling, this one is now looking good, the last one i posted died.

a clone i wouldn't give up on and a seed plant.

a couple more.
THese have all grown larger and have been cloned. I'll be flipping them soon to see what's up.

paper thorn

Veteran
almost up to date

Someone was asking about roots.

They look a tad brown, but they don't smell, and are actually pretty healthy. You can see where I picked up the roots that were hanging in the res when I moved it into the bloom room and kind of laid them back onto themselves. still a constant flood of water over them.

the roots hanging into the bucket are much whiter.

Latest posts

Latest posts