What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Project Zazen

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
'Blue Orca x NL#5/Neville's Haze Bx1' organic seed production server fund donation project.

Five Blue Orca surrounding a solitary Blue Orca x NL/Haze male in a 35 gallon tote of ROLS....day #1 of flowering.

picture.php

picture.php

John Deere

Veteran
Awesome! This'll be a fun one.

Can you describe the smoke for those that aren't familiar? Thanks.

M.A.W

Subbed and watching!

Hate to be a newb but what do you guys mean when you say "server fund donation"?
Will/do you donate these seeds to the website to sell and put the money twoards upkeep?

Plants look killer as always Gas!!!

Gascanastan

Veteran
The F2 NL#5 dominant male (NL#5 x Neville's Haze) was grown from the original Sensi Seeds release in 1988. Coot did one pollination in 1991 to the best sativa dominant female and stuck the seeds away in cold storage for two decades until we repopulated them in 2011.

When we popped them we noticed severe damage had been done to many of the seeds and not many F2 females were found to select from. One pollination was done using a sativa dominant F2 female with a sativa dominant F2 male. Another pollination was done using the same F2 female with the F2 NL#5 dominant male I still keep.

I grew the F2 NLH female from the 1991 seed for two cycles and it showed me a heavily sativa dominant monster polyhybrid with an old school look,taste,and effect. However it just didn't have that popular disco bag appeal that is so popular these days and it was barely marketable except for weed snobs....it was culled.

So I used the F2 NL dominant 1991 seed male to pollinate Coot's 'Blue Orca' an heirloom cut from 1984...which is of course a 1971 B.O.E.L. Afghani from Kandahar x a 1976 B.O.E.L. 'dealer's choice' Thai Stick.

I ran 13 Blue Orca x NLH females and they all showed an above average amount of frost....far above the original NL#5 x Neville's Haze,and they also kept the magnificent polyhybrid vigor of the NL#5/Haze.

My keeper BO x NLH female finishes at 75 days and grows buds like baseball bats of solid sick ass frosty old school sativa soaring smoke...much less speedy than the NLH believe it or not. Most finished around 65 days.
There was one phenotype that finished around 55 days...only one...most were uniform and stayed the same height through flower. Very large and thick flowers...most were 3 inches thick average.

The taste is not as pleasant as the Blue Orca,more of a NLH dominated smoke,and does not finish early like the Blue Orca at around 58 days...it is clear that the NLH is still the dominant force in this cross...hence the decision to take it to Bx1~

The best looking plant of all the Blue Orca x NLH plants turned out to be a male.....and he also turned out to be the most resinous male I have ever encountered....(and I have encountered many males over the years used in breeding) Just a run up and down the stem with your fingers will stick them together....so naturally he is the studly BO x NLH male in the center of all the Blue Orca females who will be doing the back cross.

This will hopefully bring the flowering range into the 'modern day' range and still hold heavily sativa dominant phenotype expressions of soaring,tasty,and bag appealing flowers.

All old school genetics that have passed through very few hands.

The 'Blue Orca x NL#5/Neville's Haze Bx1' will be named from a suggestion by Coot...'Zazen'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zazen

...and really...we owe it all to Coot for preserving these gems.

Thank you Coot~

Gas

Last edited:

M.A.W

So I used the F2 NL dominant 1991 seed male to pollinate Coot's 'Blue Orca' an heirloom cut from 1984...which is of course a 1971 B.O.E.L. Afghani from Kandahar x a 1976 B.O.E.L. 'dealer's choice' Thai Stick.

The 'Blue Orca x NL#5/Neville's Haze Bx1' will be named from a suggestion by Coot...'Zazen'

Does "Zazen" make anyone elses mouth water just from reading about it....

Cann

:lurk: this is gonna be a good one :biggrin:. pumped to see the whole process unfold..

Thanks old coot! :bow: we're not worthy, we're not worthy...

and I guess you too gas...:tiphat:

H

Heliopolis

Well done, Gas (and Cootz). Beautiful stuff. I will be frequenting this thread daily!

Gascanastan

Veteran
Coot's 'Blue Orca'...... mother of the cross and Bx1.

picture.php

picture.php

The super resinous Blue Orca x NL#5/Neville's Haze F1 male who will be doing the pollinating..

picture.php

Cann

makes me really excited to throw these 4 ladies into flower and see what lies within!

the cluster of four tall ladies in the front are BOxNL5/haze ( F1s i believe...correct me if i'm wrong gas)

the two shorties to the left are TOxBMR Bx1...excited for thems too ;)

picture.php

B

BlueJayWay

Those are gonna be fun to watch flower, think the leaves are big enough? LOL. Nicely done

H

Heliopolis

makes me really excited to throw these 4 ladies into flower and see what lies within!

the cluster of four tall ladies in the front are BOxNL5/haze ( F1s i believe...correct me if i'm wrong gas)

View Image

They really look like they are enjoying themselves. Super duper plants, Cann!

Coot's 'Blue Orca'...... mother of the cross and Bx1.

View Image

View Image

The super resinous Blue Orca x NL#5/Neville's Haze F1 male who will be doing the pollinating..

View Image

You make me cry, Gas. :respect:

Gascanastan

Veteran

View Image

Yes sir...these are F1 BO x NLH

Latest posts

Latest posts