What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed growin vs Political moanin

yardgrazer

If you don't want to read people's political opinions, don't go into those sections of the site... personally I rarely going into the political sections because I don't care what a lot of you think about politics. Those people don't care what I think either.

The thing is, I can visit the threads and sections I find helpful and ignore everything else in the forum, and go about my day without being reminded that a lot of people in the ICM world hold retrograde views.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the old grey mare just aint what she used to be

All things change .. a sunrise does not last all morning :)

Last edited:
G

The only ones upset about political threads are likely trump supporters.

Wah wah wah. Don't talk about what a train wreck our bad actor is......

Complaining about a political thread and you create one. Other pot forums have whole sections devoted to politics.
Talking openly and freely brought about legalization. More politics.
I thought I had this richard cranium on ignore. Easily fixed.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
This thread title has "Drew Garabo" written all over it.

:)

Kidding aside, while I believe in civilized discussion, many of the "political" threads here are anything but.
I miss the good ol' days of people posting pics of their final product and reporting on it.

-cap

St. Phatty

ICMag is 100% "Opt-in".

if you want to discuss world affairs, that would be in Speaker's Corner.

if you're here for the "Cannagraphic" part of ICMag - there are so many sub forums I dare not try to count them.

but it would be cool if people would sometimes post pot pics in the Speaker's Corner.

GOD ALMIGHTY, look at Zero Hedge.

lots of interesting articles, 2/3 of which are stolen from other forums - and there are so many ads you can barely read the article text.

ICMag has a 1998 style ad layout - 1 ad per page, or maybe a few more, I haven't counted.

Treevly

When I read political slanging matches on internet forums I realize how dangerous it is for people to be somewhat intelligent. It might compare to being a good enough swimmer to get halfway across the river.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I noticed they have taken speakers corner posts off the "new posts" window on the main page. good, cause I got tricked into posting on the SC inadvertently that way.

Good job Admin!

Sunshineinabag

- simple - just don't click on a thread - if the title has anything to do with what might be stressing you out - others want to talk about whatever - and if its not your 'cup-of-tea' - then find a thread that is - and if you can't find any thread at all that appeals to you - then maybe ICMAG is not for you -

- We have many types of forum here - where you can discuss anything from Golf to pets to advanced lighting for growing - and many other forums - all are voluntary to read or participate in -

- Getting all bent out of shape over what other people want to discuss - seems odd -

have killed dozens of people. Maybe hundreds. Men, women, children. I shot a guy in the chest 3 times once, because he kicked a stray dog. In a bar in Bangkok I shot a guy right in the face simply because he dared me to. I spent 18 months in a camp as a guest of charlie where I was beaten and tortured every single fucking day.

Apparently people hear and see what they wanna hear and see:friends:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
ICMag is 100% "Opt-in".

if you want to discuss world affairs, that would be in Speaker's Corner.

if you're here for the "Cannagraphic" part of ICMag - there are so many sub forums I dare not try to count them.

but it would be cool if people would sometimes post pot pics in the Speaker's Corner.

GOD ALMIGHTY, look at Zero Hedge.

lots of interesting articles, 2/3 of which are stolen from other forums - and there are so many ads you can barely read the article text.

ICMag has a 1998 style ad layout - 1 ad per page, or maybe a few more, I haven't counted.

the analytics tell a different tale

IC used to be a premier pot site, now not so much