What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Appalachia

Grateful1

Is the old variety Appalachia (TresDawg x Green Crack) Still around? Been looking for a reliable source for these seeds for a very long time.

ElGato

Veteran
afaik there were only a select number of those seeds ever produced and they are long gone.

The Breeder is still a member here, I will shoot him a PM and ask him to chime in

mj

I have Appalachia, not in pure-form though. I used it to breed my Green Mountain Power cultivar.

I believe the lineage is still disputed though. Not 100% on the (TresDawg x Greencrack) ~

im talking about the on going dispute between high & lonesome and topdawg seeds...

I personally don't care, I received my Appalachia from someone in Virginia whos been cultivating it for 20yr+ in the mountains. Not quite sure but I'd say it definitely has some green crack terpene profile in there.

ElGato

Veteran
i dont think there is any "ongoing dispute" with those two, the seeds were never for sale and only a very small amount were ever made.

and the seeds were made in 2007, that's 13 years ago, so someone growing this for 20+ years is impossible, unless there is another seedline of the same name, which I highly doubt.

mj

I work with a few labs to get my genetics broad-spectrum sequence, if you can get your hands on some Appalachia Id more than willingly compare the two.

Raho

Veteran
I have Appalachia, not in pure-form though. I used it to breed my Green Mountain Power cultivar.

I believe the lineage is still disputed though. Not 100% on the (TresDawg x Greencrack) ~
So . . . you DON'T have Appalachia.
Bodhi also used an Appalachia male in a lot of crosses. If someone wanted an Appalachia hybrid, there might be a way to get hands on something there.
Wherever fine Bodhi seeds are sold, right?

Matt Riot said that H&L had asked him to bring the Appalachia line back and make it available to the market. Presumably he gave some of the originals to Matt with the intention of producing an F2 or Fem line.
Might want to check that out.

There is some mention of tension between TopDawg and H&L back in the day by Matt Riot in his interview on "The PotCast."
Nothing to do with pedigree's though.

H&L

There are no disputes with Top Dawg or concerning the lineage. The suggestion on the Pot Cast that JJ asked me not to use his stuff was baseless.

There are fgens of Appalachia still in existence. Matt Riot does have a good amount I sent him to look through and do with as he wants.

Raho

Veteran
There are no disputes with Top Dawg or concerning the lineage. The suggestion on the Pot Cast that JJ asked me not to use his stuff was baseless.

There are fgens of Appalachia still in existence. Matt Riot does have a good amount I sent him to look through and do with as he wants.

Great to see you back man! First post I've seen from you in a long time.
Honored :tiphat:

T

TakenByTheSky

One of the best strains I've ever grown was an Appalachia hybrid.

It was chem 91 skva x sfvog/Appalachia made by CobCoop.

They were freebies from the bay, if anyone else got these I highly recommend growing them, it's some of the most potent stinky herbs I've seen in all my years.

Grateful1

Im not interested in the the appy hybrids. I mean i am, and i hold probably every appy hybrids bodhi released, including lucky charms, but the pure version of Appalachia. Its one of those lines that caught my eye years ago and has eluded me since. Curious why the seeds went to Matt Riot..?

Happy Times

I have had a few bodhi strains from dispensaries that used the appalachia, I actually have a bunch of lucky charms bagseed, cobra lips was by far the best imo

I got a batch of Tiger’s Milk from around Denver that was pretty good

First time I hit it milky actually came to mind on the flavor, wasn’t expecting that, I thought it was just some name

Heavy strong Indica-dom stone

Bud Jones

I grew Bodhi’s Appalachian Super Skunk .. Some fire in there for sure .. I’d love to have pure Appalachia as well ..

DenverJim

I grew the mass appy last year. One male was huge with with very thin leaves. i have grown skunks and superskunk none had leaves that narrow.
Anyhow I crossed it to a shit( superskunk) female will see what happens.

Shrombology

H&L you planning on producing any more Appalachia any time soon?

Gazman

Will you be doing a bx to shoreline