What's new

New leaves looking like a taco, some are burritos

Hi guys,

So I'm about 40 days into veg on my first coco grow. Everything has been going pretty well up until recently. Within the last week or so I moved some vegging plants from an 8x8 growing under 4 315w cmh lights, to a 10x10 currenlty running one 1000w double ended. So right now I have 7 plants in the 10x10 under 1 1000w deb. The temps inside this tent are 74-76 degrees with. RH of 55-70 The light is about 4 feet above the canopy with plenty of indirect air movement.

So the issue I've been noticing ever since the 1000w has been turned on is a taco effect of almost all the new growth shoots and some secondary leaves. I just don't know how the light could be causing this issue because I have the light 4 ft above them and my temps are on point using a mini split AC. I used a lux meter to test the light output at canopy level and Im only at like 15-20,000 LUX.

The only other thing I can think of that is different in this tent than my other tent, is the humidity at lights off. In my other tent I have a dehumidifier come on at lights out, and in the 10x10 where I'm having issues I don't have any humidity control at lights off, RH is fine when lights are on. I just set the ac to 75. Could this be underfeeding compared to the amount of light there getting? Im at 650ppm 40 days veg from clone. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1495.jpg
    IMG_1495.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1496.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 25

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
How long have the plants been under the 1000w? Does the ballast have a dimmer?

It’s probably a combination of the light and higher humidity....more so the light. From your pics, nothing looks bad. They should snap out of it once they get settled in to their new space. If the problem gets any worse, I’d dim the light or move the plants farther from it.

If it were me, I’d dim the light down to 600w for now until they get settled in. A 1000w de is a strong lamp.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Thats it? I'm on the best cannabis forum in the world and thats the only response I get regarding a sick plant?

U have received for free a response from a grower in perpetual from 1993.what u want also? I grow your lettuce?
U have a lights Hotspot and a start of over by N.

Ok and I do appreciate any and all responces, but I really didn't even understand yours. All I understood was too much N. But thanks though I do appreciate it

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thats it? I'm on the best cannabis forum in the world and thats the only response I get regarding a sick plant?

You do not need a page of responses when the first guy nails it bro....wow have some respect man. Maybe a minute of research. You could have found out what it was by yourself.....kids these days...spoon feed me everything and now...lmao
Peace, negative.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Leaves upward close the borders when the humidity it's too much low. Self defence for reducing the transpiration.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kids these days? coming from the guy who uses “bro” in a sentience

I tried to stay out of this one, but I couldn't. First of all, Negative was spittin' nothing but truth to you. Indabonga did nail it. No need to make an attempt to degrade someone who is administering wisdom to you. It's an advantage to you to be humble here. Arrogance will get you nowhere. First, before you become the grammar police here, maybe you should make sure that "responces" and "sentience" are spelled correctly. Just my .02:tiphat:

anon710

Kids these days? coming from the guy who uses “bro” in a sentience

For a guy asking for help you are pretty hostile. Like everyone else has said you wont get much help around here with that attitude. The first post you were given nailed exactly your issues, and was clear and concise.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It's usually an act of moisture retention. Dry, Hot, Drafts..

Your room is cold and light weak. Little there driving moisture movement up through the plant, and air circulation they may not of had before? Your room RH is a great measure (if you trust the measuring device) but isn't the RH right at the leaf stomata.

Why are you trying to grow with 10w per foot, after using 20w per foot.

Also, what are they stood on, that looks like air pruning in a dry substrate.

I think you need to get them on trays so they're moist at the root tips. Water them till you can't water them no more. Then water them some more. Get your room up above 77 at least, and put your lights on. If you have a humidifier, they would like that while they recover. Not a de-hu. And kill the circulation fans.