What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The search for Trip Weed that you can buy

Leaflet

Please don't get me wrong - the thread "The search for trip weed" is an amazing read, but it is now over 400 pages long and the majority of it is about breeding results.

So, I thought I would start a similar thread, but have it be just about seeds you can purchase from a commercial breeder or seed bank that has a trippy effect. This is for those of us who just want to buy seeds and grow them. And less pages to go through to find those items.

I'm not sure about the format. Perhaps something like:
Strain:
Vendor:
Effect:

Example:
Strain: EasyRider Auto
Vendor: Bace Seeds
Effect: Very energetic, slight visual hallucinations, lasted about 2 hours

I kept notes from the 400+ page thread. I don't have all the details like vendor and effect, but here are my notes, for what it's worth:
Bangi Haze, Big Sur Holy Weed, C99(Original Bros Grimm), Kali Haze, Nanan Bouclou, Neville's Haze, NY Haze, S.A.G.E., Snerval(Oregon Seeds), Super Silver Haze, Trainwreck, Zamaldelica(Ace Seeds)
Top mentions:
Bangi Haze, Neville's Haze, S.A.G.E., Zamaldelica

Thoughts?

Mick

Veteran
Golden Tiger from Ace is the trippiest weed I've tried. I love Bangi Haze too, but it's not in the same ball park as GT for trippy effects imo.

igrowone

Veteran
when i read the title, i was thinking of trippy weed from a dispensary
then realized that i can't recall much(if any) posts of that sort
a very select aspect to cannabis, modern beatniks in an indica world

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can't beat Bruce Banner, 32% THC whereas most smoke is 16-25% THC.

That's wonderful news. But not germane to to the discussion at hand.

I've heard from several people on here (but have no first hand experience with) that Ace's Golden Tiger (as was mentioned) and their Zamaldelica will have what you're looking for Leaflet.

RoosterGrows

Mindscape from Gage Green. A morning sesh with this strain had me turned the sound of water coming out of the shower head into a sort of pleasantly haunting music. Looks and smells pretty "indica," though.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have also been in search of trip weed. Its nice to have a stash of mushrooms, L, mescaline and dmt while you search.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hello! Ihave experienced moments of synaesthesia, with Ace zamaldelica, and many trippy moment with delahaze from Paradiseseeds...
Many years ago (almost twenty) in Switzerland I tried Durban poison for the first time and it was incredible, very trippy, with the head jumping from one thought to another at great speed ...
At the same time I smoked an incredible superskunk, my heart was pounding, the night noises were amplified to the maximum and I felt like I was in a documentary in Africa!(but to be honest, at the time every good weed from swiss was labeled like superskunk...)
PS I found it fantastic to take 1/4 (or 1/2) blotter with zamaldelica, or green haze x thai ..
Or also nl5haze....

ambertrichome

Veteran
Ed Rosenthal IBL Durban Poison, BEFORE it was crossed to Sk1. Not any of this crossed bullshit.
Shit will blow your head clean off. No body high, 2% THCV x 25% THC. Take this shit early, and it will have you so paranoid, you may never want to smoke it again. Of course, I love the mind fuck of a heavy sativa. Especially with such high THCV ( 2% ) Takes 80-100 days to finish.
Almost impossible to find, but it is around.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Ed Rosenthal IBL Durban Poison, BEFORE it was crossed to Sk1. Not any of this crossed bullshit.
Shit will blow your head clean off. No body high, 2% THCV x 25% THC. Take this shit early, and it will have you so paranoid, you may never want to smoke it again. Of course, I love the mind fuck of a heavy sativa. Especially with such high THCV ( 2% ) Takes 80-100 days to finish.
Almost impossible to find, but it is around.

I have no idea what DP was, in Switzerland they sold grass as perfume for cabinets or mothproof ...
Remember that at the time in Switzerland many large strains that came from Holland (along with local varieties) were not diluted and weak as now, however, returning to the thread, it was simply labeled as Durban poison, anise / fennel aroma and trip effect, no body stone

Leaflet

Okay, i (and everyone else I'm sure) appreciate the reminiscence, but this thread is supposed to be about seeds people can go out and buy today, and from what vendor.

Please understand - I mean no offense by that whatsoever.... I'm just hoping to keep this from turning into another 400+ page thread with posts that stray from the original intent of the thread. People get tired of thumbing through everything, and then you wind up with a post on page 380 about something that was answered on page 20, and the next thing you know, you have 390 pages!

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
That's wonderful news. But not germane to to the discussion at hand.

I've heard from several people on here (but have no first hand experience with) that Ace's Golden Tiger (as was mentioned) and their Zamaldelica will have what you're looking for Leaflet.
How is this not germane to the discussion at hand?
If you want trip weed then you want the highest THC possible and that comes with Bruce Banner (from ILGM seeds) unless you are claiming that another cannabinoid is responsible for tripping.

Leaflet

I think that reaction came because the discussion is about seeds people can go out and buy right now, and from whom. There are a ton of Bruce Banner variants out there. So, if you could include the specific breeder you got great results from, it would be beneficial to all.
From the first post, here is a format that can be used:

Strain:
Vendor:
Effect:

Bob Green

I have also been in search of trip weed. Its nice to have a stash of mushrooms, L, mescaline and dmt while you search.

Right, seems like it would be difficult to identify true trip weed if you have zero experience actually tripping. Pretty much a prerequisite.

:woohoo:

ambertrichome

Veteran
Total THC content has 0 to do with the high. Most all high THC stuff is lacking in terpene profile, and many of the other chemicals have been bred out.

Im pretty sure there has been NO Emerald Cup winner since 1992 that won, and tested over 22%, and they have plenty that test over 30+.
High THC Claims are just a pissing contest.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Okay, i (and everyone else I'm sure) appreciate the reminiscence, but this thread is supposed to be about seeds people can go out and buy today, and from what vendor.

Please understand - I mean no offense by that whatsoever.... I'm just hoping to keep this from turning into another 400+ page thread with posts that stray from the original intent of the thread. People get tired of thumbing through everything, and then you wind up with a post on page 380 about something that was answered on page 20, and the next thing you know, you have 390 pages!

No problem :)
As i told you, ace zamaldelica is a good weed trippy, delahaze is a hibrid but trippy...
You should look also rsc kerala....

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you want trip weed then you want the highest THC possible and that comes with Bruce Banner (from ILGM seeds) unless you are claiming that another cannabinoid is responsible for tripping.

Total THC content has 0 to do with the high. Most all high THC stuff is lacking in terpene profile, and many of the other chemicals have been bred out.

Im pretty sure there has been NO Emerald Cup winner since 1992 that won, and tested over 22%, and they have plenty that test over 30+.
High THC Claims are just a pissing contest.

Ding! We have a winner! Give that man in the hat a cigar!