What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dynavap ?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
If you do buy one (or anything else), make sure you watch for 420 sales. Dynavap just ended a 20% off sale on their new 2019M but it ended the 1st.

If you really want a butane vape, look into the Vaponic. You can make one out of a test tube and some other stuff. Taste is better than the VapCap but it is glass so it's not great for carry.

Also, the VapCap works with an induction heater as well as a lighter.

Don't go to fuckcombustion, it's all fan boys and they will have you buying crap that's no good just because they are mostly fan boys at that site.

I have owned about every major vape made. Maybe I can help. There are a lot of battery vapes out there. Why a butane vape?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
This is a growers forum... I suggest you check out a Vaping Forum for a more broad take and more objective reviews.

:tiphat:

B

Grower's forum???? NOT

This is a bash Trump forum. The most active threads here are NOT about cannabis. They are about bashing the President. LOL Sad, but true.

NizzyJones

dang. i was going to buy one of these today. seeing all these bad/mixed reviews on here is making me think twice. anyone else wanna chime in before i walk away from this vape?

I'm in the "tried a ton of vapes" lane and the Dynavap is my daily driver. There's some learning curve but it's worth it.

Samuel Caldwell

Daily driver for my wife and me, too. Love my vapcaps.

Fanboys on every site. Haters, too. Take it all in, make your own decisions.

S

SandyFantasyman

ic

Last edited:

White Beard

I’ll speak up for induction heating, it’s a world of difference.

I bought a well-thought-of example from a guy on FC, and it was good while it lasted, but turned out to be unfixable after only a couple of months. There’s a guy there who’s much more on top of his design, so far, lots of happy, but still waiting to see. Expensive first failure = TYFT on the next, he’s redesigning his original based on what he learned from rolling out a scaled-down version: that’s what I want to see.

Will report back when / as

I’ll reiterate from earlier: after reading hundreds of pages of opinion, experience, and pragmatism, I bought my first Vapcap, an Omni. Then I got an M, then another, then a body, a couple more tips, and a 14mm vong. I could probably fit together 8 functional, all in the last two years. I think they’re great, definitely the thing to do if you want to enjoy it for a minute, as opposed to quick pulls on pipes. Flavor is good, cleans easily, replacement bits are available cheaply, but at this rate, I don’t know if I’ll ever even need to replace a screen. Be careful of your o-rings, tho - they will stretch, but not go back like they were.

If you feel like it, take a flyer - it’s a great company, a great bit o’ gear, and if you don’t like it it can be a treasured gift to a friend. Anyone who ever adapted to the old dugout one-hitters should have no problem at all getting used to it

Passenger101

For the last 6 months this has been my go to device, I own two. The design is brilliant, eligant and simple, although there is some room for improvement. There is a minor learning curve, and heavy users will need strong herb because you'll only get two good hit out of a load. I am still amazed by the Dynavap because it gives you pure vape flavor and the butane is only used to heat it so you never breath burnt butane. The metal models are nearly indestructible. Lastly I had all good experience with the company. I spread the word to everyone I know who enjoys the sacred herb, because of the flavor and ease. Keep up the good work Dynavap!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've never heard of these flux heaters before... this is a game changer! I might actually be buying my first vapcap now!! Thanks for sharing, WB.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I got one and it's already cut down on my flower usage. I'm getting a lot higher off smaller amounts than I was using my old bong. Best 50$ ever.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will this work with a dynavap?

Yes, to varying levels of success, yet for about twice that money you can get something that is made specifically for the Dynavaps. Alternatively, I'm aware of at least 1 person that sells some fittings to make the unit you link work better.

When buying directly from Dynavap, you can use the coupon code BATTY for a discount.

B

Ringodoggie

Premium user

That will absolutely work great with the VapCap. In fact, I own about 8 or 9 induction heaters (3 of the dental heaters) and the piece of shit dental heater is the best. If only it were portable.

I have all 3 "Pipes" models. All broke within days. Waiting for a Fluxheater. List is forever long.

The induction heater 'driver' is about 8 or 10 bucks and all you need besides that is a power supply. You can do fancy switches and boxes but I have a home made unit that works great and total cost was under 20 bux.

Peace

dddaver

Veteran
Is ordering that ddaves hands-free mod plug worth the $15? I'm not sure I'm using it right. No manual came with it. I imagine I take the silicone plug that came with it out. But it isn't very deep.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Is ordering that ddaves hands-free mod plug worth the $15? I'm not sure I'm using it right. No manual came with it. I imagine I take the silicone plug that came with it out. But it isn't very deep.
I actually bought some corks I stuffed into the bottom of my glass bung to hold the dynavap in place. Hahah, I said bung. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VWBT6Q2 is what I used, size 3, they seem to fit in the bottom tight enough to hold the dynavap at the height I want it at.

dddaver

Veteran
I'm so happy with my 2019 M I just ordered the 2020 version. Induction heating is the way to go too. They also sent me a 3 jet butane torch with it and many places online still tout that. But an induction dental tool heater with the mod that holds the dynavap in, is fantastic. I still smoke bowls in the evening and even ordered a new bong yesterday. But that dynavap is my go to. So fast and easy. No ash. Just AVB I might cook with.

dddaver

Veteran
I'm happy with my "M" but thought I would order either the hydra xls or the omni hydra. But they're SO expensive.

Tried to find coupon codes. None of them work. Guess I'll just wait till Black Friday or some other sale. No hurry.

I wonder if wood keeps stem cooler? I have both the 2019 "m" and the 2020 "m". I actually prefer the older version.

But after a couple uses they do get warm That's why I got 2. So I could alternate them.