What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is a Wet and Dry Period?

GotRice

hello new day,

Question: What is a consider a wet and dried period, to help the root grow while the plant is going to search for foods.

to help me have better understanding, please help explaining more in details.

My few example of wet and dry; Veg Stage Day 1 - 7. Plant in 3.8 L (0.8 Gallon) Air pot or should i have a smaller pot for Veg day 1-7?

1. Feed the plant once to run-off and not feed them again for 3-4 days? Then feed them again when the Coco are still a little wet?

OR

2. Feed the plant once to run-off and not feed them again for 3-4 days and let the Coco completely dry out then feed them again?

OR

3. Please give an example in more details so I know exactly what to look for when I feed them for the first time, how long should I let them dry out and what SIGN do I look for before I feed them again?

Thanks guys, looking forward to learning.

Rice

saitama

hello new day,

Question: What is a consider a wet and dried period, to help the root grow while the plant is going to search for foods.

to help me have better understanding, please help explaining more in details.

My few example of wet and dry; Veg Stage Day 1 - 7. Plant in 3.8 L (0.8 Gallon) Air pot or should i have a smaller pot for Veg day 1-7?

1. Feed the plant once to run-off and not feed them again for 3-4 days? Then feed them again when the Coco are still a little wet?

OR

2. Feed the plant once to run-off and not feed them again for 3-4 days and let the Coco completely dry out then feed them again?

OR

3. Please give an example in more details so I know exactly what to look for when I feed them for the first time, how long should I let them dry out and what SIGN do I look for before I feed them again?

Thanks guys, looking forward to learning.

Rice

When they are very young, I feed them until runoff and then I wait until they're a little light, maybe 1 to 2 days depending on pot size. I usually use weight to judge when to feed. You'll get the hang of the weight thing eventually. I usually only do this once or twice before I start watering every day. I use solo cups then transfer to 3 gal airpots. You can usually water every day when you see roots at the bottom of the pots.

It is very hard to over water in coco once you have roots established.

GotRice

thank you saitama.

I'll restart my room and build a seal room for better control. Also will start over with a new batch of clones to make the ease for management of nutes and watering.

0._How_to_water_in_Coco.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts