What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hermi pollinated room. How to clean/kill pollen

testing

Not sure if this is the right sub but since I didn't intend to pollinate I figured the post would be most appropriate here.

So basically i had some mothers from a friend that i threw into flower and they ended up pushing out males. I noticed some pods about 3 weeks in and pulled the plants, I thought everything was fine until about 2 weeks later and I noticed the start of seeds on some older stuff that was in the same room. I guess I didn't catch it soon enough even though I didn't find any open pods or dried out pods, and I scoured those plants for hours looking at every single node. Anyway my big question is how to i disenfect and kill pollen that could still be floating around? Also the room where the hermis were shares an AC with an adjacent room. Its an excel system with a dampener package. So basically the hot air from the room with hermis goes through a filter then accros the cooling coils and back into that same room. When the timer switches, it turns the dampers and does the exact same thing to the other room. Technically they don't share the same air, but they do share the same filter. These filters are supposed to catch pollen but obviously im a bit concerned there's possibly pollen in my system. Im planning on changing out the filter but i also wanna disinfect/kill any lingering pollen. How long does pollen stay viable floating around in the open air? Is there any easy way to catch/kill it thats easy on my environment? Any advice is appreciated, ive never had to deal with pollen before so im seeking any good information. My adjacent room is at 2 weeks now and pushing out pistils. I really need to make sure these girls don't get pollinated and they're just now at the point where they can.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Water kills pollen. Douse everything well and it's inactive. Wash, vaccum to remove the pollen itself. Pollen is harsh when smoked, regardless of the presence of seeds. Inactive pollen can be kicked and blown into the air, decreasing quality.

jedi5891

Ice cold water ive read is good at killing pollen. Just put a few ice cubes in a spray bottle and away you go.
Good luck
Peace
Namaste

testing

Water kills pollen. Douse everything well and it's inactive. Wash, vaccum to remove the pollen itself. Pollen is harsh when smoked, regardless of the presence of seeds. Inactive pollen can be kicked and blown into the air, decreasing quality.

Would it be a good idea to just spray the adjacent room plants thats at week 2 with ice water?

Speed of green

yep, spray water. deactivates pollen. also you can put a bag over any hermed plants and remove them from the area without worry of further contamination.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Would it be a good idea to just spray the adjacent room plants thats at week 2 with ice water?
Yes, even if they're in a sealed/filtered room. Your clothing/hair/whatnot has carried it in there. Expect a few seeds, you'll see the pollinated pistils turn brown. A good soray down of plants and room will keep any new ones from forming.

:)