What's new

Strange leaf bleaching on outdoor teens

deltronZER0

Hi all,

I recently planted up my teens outdoors and am seeing some weird leaf bleaching on some but not all of the plants I put into the new soil I mixed up recently. I accidentally overdid the blood meal, for what it's worth, but otherwise working with a modified LCs mix as follows:
6gal promix bx
4.5gal ewc
4.5gal total aeration:
1.5gal volcanic rock
Rest was biochar
1.5 cups diatomaceous earth
1.66 cups dolomite lime
1 cup azomite
~1.75 cups blood (zipped bag? Check)
~0.75 cups fish bone meal
~0.9 cups kelp meal

Attachments

• IMG_3686.jpg
    IMG_3686.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 4

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
Yo
I don t be sure, but it seems like sun burning.
When you watering your girls, is there some water on the leaves?
Big up

deltronZER0

They did recently transition outdoors and I did water them recently, is it possible that water just focused sun onto spots of the leaves?

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
They did recently transition outdoors and I did water them recently, is it possible that water just focused sun onto spots of the leaves?

Yup looks like sunburn, how long ago did you put them under full sun? Did you give them transition time in the shade?

The sun alone could have done it if they are relatively new to direct sunlight. My reading suggests about 4 days in shade/partial sun usually hardens them off pretty well.

If the plants were already adjusted to the direct sunlight its probably water on the leaf that caused it.

PDX Dopesmoker

Yup looks like sunburn, how long ago did you put them under full sun? Did you give them transition time in the shade?

The sun alone could have done it if they are relatively new to direct sunlight. My reading suggests about 4 days in shade/partial sun usually hardens them off pretty well.

If the plants were already adjusted to the direct sunlight its probably water on the leaf that caused it.

Yeah, I give rooted clones 5 days to a week in full shade before I put them in direct sunlight. I started one in direct sun without the rest a few years ago at the start of July and it did absolutely nothing for almost a month, didn't grow didn't die just sat there. After a few days in shade it took off & i put it back in the sun, it ended up a little bit tastier than the mother plant (and much, much smaller).
Plants in full shade still get the equivalent of 100 watts per square meter, thats about the same light density as you'd find in a fairly gentle indoor grow, like a 4.5'x4.5' tent with a 300 watt light. Full sun is more like a 4.5'x4.5' with nearly 3000 watts.
Anyone ever try rubbing SPF 15 on their fresh clones? lol