What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have CHS (Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome?) Use Anti-Histamines and Report

^Douglas you should find a way to reach out to dr. Mark Scialdone, he mentioned in passing yesterday on Hash Church about neem products being research for a link to CHS. He may be able to guide in the right direction, though there's a small chance he was reference this thread itself anectdoteally

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Greatly appreciate the heads up, I'll make it a point to look into it. It would definitely be awesome to see some movement on this. :tiphat:

Edit:
You can catch the episode, starting at the beginning of the related discussion HERE (Hash Church CXIII 143). Mark talks about the Scotts company currently working on registering a product specifically for cannabis use by licensed cultivators. The discussion is there currently currently aren't any studies which cover the current commercial products and cannabis. The closest data is existing fruit and vegetable studies and cannabis is different. Only specific studies, with these products and humans, will show the true data. (Paraphrasing) In there he does mention he's seen references to possibly being connected, in some way, to CHS.

Interesting. Thank you again.

Last edited:

oldbootz

Veteran
I used to use raw neem oil as my only pest solution for about 4 years. I was careful to not get the neem on my skin and I only used it on plants in veg. Sprayed once every 5 days during pest invasion and once every 2 weeks during clean times. I did get some hives (urticaria) at the time and it was cured with antihistamines.

I have never vomited from anything I didn't know why. However I am a every day smoker and do have nausea problems often and I have Costochondritis (rib cartilage pain). I have stopped using neem oil for about 2 years now. And my symptoms are the same except I have not gotten hives any more. Still the nausea and still the rib pain. I find that beer fucks my digestion up for days and can cause bad nausea. If I drink alcohol without active yeasts (gin / vodka) I don't have a problem with nausea. If I take pro-biotics for a few days in a row my symptoms disappear.

Douglas.Curtis have you looked into Helicobacter Pylori?

This affects a lot of people and part of what cannabis does is to dilate cells (vasodilation) which makes it easier for the H Pylori to burrow deeper into stomach tissue away from the stomach acids causing further pathogenesis.

Bobbles

I stopped using Dispensary bud, problem went away. No issues since. Will let you know if anything changes.

Douglas.Curtis

I used to use raw neem oil as my only pest solution for about 4 years. I was careful to not get the neem on my skin and I only used it on plants in veg. Sprayed once every 5 days during pest invasion and once every 2 weeks during clean times. I did get some hives (urticaria) at the time and it was cured with antihistamines.
Interesting you only had issues with hives.

I have never vomited from anything I didn't know why. However I am a every day smoker and do have nausea problems often and I have Costochondritis (rib cartilage pain). I have stopped using neem oil for about 2 years now. And my symptoms are the same except I have not gotten hives any more. Still the nausea and still the rib pain. I find that beer fucks my digestion up for days and can cause bad nausea. If I drink alcohol without active yeasts (gin / vodka) I don't have a problem with nausea. If I take pro-biotics for a few days in a row my symptoms disappear.
Could be your diet is too acidic. Could be your beer has too much fusil oils in it. Could be you're eating a food regularly which is avoid for your blood type. Any number of reasons for consistent nausea. Could be there's still azadirachtin in your system, have you ever detoxed, like with activated charcoal? And you don't find your nausea reduced now, through the use of anti-histamines, correct?

Douglas.Curtis have you looked into Helicobacter Pylori?

This affects a lot of people and part of what cannabis does is to dilate cells (vasodilation) which makes it easier for the H Pylori to burrow deeper into stomach tissue away from the stomach acids causing further pathogenesis.
This is interesting, though I have to say regular cannabis use doesn't affect my issue. Only the use of contaminated cannabis causes problems for me. I'll bring it up with my physician and see about getting tested. Thanks :)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jesus fucking Christ give it up already.

You are polluting the Internet. I see people reference this stupidity on other mediums now and have to correct them.

This is your own pet theory and I am using the term theory very loosely. It has the connotation of the scientific method, of which you are not acquainted with.

Bump yourself off a fucking cliff.

If anyone is curious as to the merit of Dougie's ideas, look up "blood type diet". Unsubstantiated fadish pseudoscience based on a "researchers" pet theory he has yet to provide any evidence in support of, despite years of promising it will be presented soon (but there are two books you can buy, both referencing as yet unpublished "evidence".).

And now you see where Dougie gets his methodology.

Douglas.Curtis

I stopped using Dispensary bud, problem went away. No issues since. Will let you know if anything changes.
Dispensaries are a main source of tainted cannabis, not surprised. Let us know if you use anti-histamines the next time and your experience. :)

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Agreed Mikell ... all this shit does is fluff up his self inflated ego

Floridian

Veteran
I don't know anything about the subject but I do feel a thread should advance or disappear from it's own volition.Self bumpation is just..well something..not a good something lol.It's like forced sex,well maybe not forced sex..forced something.I guess I don't have to click participation is voluntary.I would feel funny doing it though so it's something..

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fe306bb6bbdc24fd7dac94e12869acd9.jpg

Douglas.Curtis

Someone will have to quote your hate, you've proven to me your posts aren't positive or helpful and I don't read them.

Positive and helpful posts are always welcome, thanks for contributing to all those who have so far. :tiphat:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be hard pressed to find someone you haven't blocked for expressing a different opinion, or hate, as you call it.

BudToaster

Veteran
it's not like there is an official regulatory body dealing with these issues ... anecdotal contributions is all we have got at this point in the history of the weed from hell ... love to feed them all into Deep Blue and have a conversational front-end to do queries.

after dealing with a malignant melanoma incident last month, i'm tuned into this train of discussion.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope, just the court of public opinion here. An informal guess would peg 8-9/10 who consider this conjecture nonsense, most of who are blocked by Doogie.

An obivious bias in that guesstimate, it tool me all of five minutes to peg him as a wingnut when he showed up here.

Douglas.Curtis

it's not like there is an official regulatory body dealing with these issues ... anecdotal contributions is all we have got at this point in the history of the weed from hell ... love to feed them all into Deep Blue and have a conversational front-end to do queries.

after dealing with a malignant melanoma incident last month, i'm tuned into this train of discussion.
Appreciate you dropping by. :) It's definitely going to be interesting when the results of cannabis/human testing are in. Currently all we have are leaf surface, soil and water breakdown times. All places where azadirachtin breaks down quickly, which is not the same as 'in' cannabis.

Since my real world experience and experiments match a significant amount of 'anecdotal' evidence, I have no doubts about the outcome in the future. I'd be very interested in the results of deep blue and a competent data mining session. However it pans out, people's participation in these threads will be around for years.

All positive contributions, as always, are greatly appreciated. A recent pm, triggered by this thread, included the suggestion for Nortryptyline, for halting the cyclical vomiting.

Thanks again :tiphat: