What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Conversation Starter - What's Your Favourite Whiskey?

lolryn

Veteran
Just walked down the the liquor store and bought myself a bottle of 12yr old Chivas Regal.. My scotch of choice when I do drink.

Rye for me is Wisers 10yr old, crown is a bit too sweet.

Bourbon... Wild turkey....nice sour flavor...though I wish I could find a bourbon with a real sour bite to it..

Scotch is my favorite tho....3 drink max tho..or I go scotch crazy..

I loved the 21 year chivas when I had it once, a long time ago!

it's actually a bit strong, too strong for me to just sip on, but it's a great dessert drink.

edit: Old Rip Van Winkle 15 year is pretty good too.

I however do like the 12 year for a non-special occasion. it's not like a shotgun to the dome when you drink it, like the 21 year.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
I got some Eduardor 10 yr that was pretty good, woodford reserve - bourbon, Chivas 12 and up, tullamore dew is decent. my go to is usually Dewars at a bar though.

Here are my current American Whiskey's

Blantons ...Never let you down pricey but well worth it.
Elmer T Lee single barrel... Top notch affordable single barrel with a solid pedigree.
Sazarac Rye... Fantastic for old fashion's
Buffalo Trace.... A classic for sure
Eagle Rare (buffalo Trace) Go to weekend bottle of excellence.
Evan Williams single barrel (2004) Very nice stuff, selfish with this one.
Elijah Craig 12 year old ( just plain good and a great value)

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Old Rip or Pappy

Old Rip or Pappy

edit: Old Rip Van Winkle 15 year is pretty good too.

Old Rip or Pappy Van Winkle? Pappy's good enough to steal.
get it Pinball?

But more to the point, Holidays and what not I get Knob Creek. I like keeping my trade local. Now for a everyday drinking Whiskey I like Jim Beam Black a good working mans Bourbon if there ever was. :tiphat:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I actually really like Costco's Blended Canadian Whisky as well as their Spiced Rum.

you..

"in the worst possible jafakein patois"
you cyant b serious-d'man'dem crazy bumboclart i say

whaaaaargaaaarble - who am i kidding
im drinking old crow tonight with my cheap ass