What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~California Vert. Projects ~ The Sagas of a Medicinal Grower~

Sleeper7784

looking good! i like how you are using the flood tray in a vert setup

Thanks Bro.

Flood trays and smart pots.

It's a 4x4 od and its little tight for the 1k but its doable. Very soon I will be using a 4x8 id, and hanging another light so it will be 10 plants around 2k. Also when I build the tray/light stand I'm going to design it to have construction fence wrapped around the top so I can WOW to it.

The flood table is great because if I have to automate my watering to go out of town. It simple to plug a pump and rez to it and bottom feed until I get back.

Sleeper7784

Good luck this run Bro....Hopefully yas got the insides and backs cleaned out enough for max lumen penetration/plant absorption and swellage....

Welcome to Vert-ville , and I`ll be on my bucket waitin and watchin.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

Thanks for stopping by DHF. This by far isn't my first ride on the Vertigo'round.

600w bare bulb is how I started growing from day 1, and although over the course of time have seen and learn tons of different styles I wouldn't flower any other way than Vert.

I have to admit I let this 1k run, run all over me. For starters my plants had a long, nearly 3 mo. Veg under 6 t 12 and some cfls, I had to top them to many times to keep them out of the lights and once they hit the flower room I lost a little control. Thru lsting I was able to gain a little back.

Normally I use hoops stabbed in the back of the pots to fan the branches out but... I left them out this grow.

Lucky this is a game of learning and dialing. I'll have it together sooner or later.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Digging the Cookie doughnut,Sleep....
Looking nice and healthy...

Looks familiar..

Got to love the $ store..lol I almost used the bamboo myself...
Interested to see how it works for ya....

Enjoying the show bro...Thanks for sharing....

:respect::lurk:

Attachments

• user169440_pic1210886_1393522844.jpg
    user169440_pic1210886_1393522844.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 20

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Sleeper, GSC is notoriously a crap yielder from what I'm told. Keep up the great work maybe this round will surprise you!

I just pulled a round of GSC and got about 1.5lb per light, and that was from a heat-stressed 4x8 tent, far from the maximum possible yield for cookies.

Sleeper7784

[URL=http://i.imgur.com/OCqkIuV.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Digging the Cookie doughnut,Sleep....
Looking nice and healthy...

Looks familiar..

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=257091&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42883&pictureid=1010677&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Got to love the $ store..lol I almost used the bamboo myself...
Interested to see how it works for ya....

Enjoying the show bro...Thanks for sharing....

:respect::lurk:

Thank you Ad. 99 cent store baby... Can't beat that deal. At the hydro store they're to expensive. The hoops worked really well on my last run around the 600w in 2 gal pots.

This round, I couldn't get them to get a sturdy hold in the 1gal pots I used so I left them out.

As you can see in the above pic of my 2 future outdoor plants they're training very nicely, only topped once, ready to be transplanted as soon as the weather permits.

Sleeper7784

I just pulled a round of GSC and got about 1.5lb per light, and that was from a heat-stressed 4x8 tent, far from the maximum possible yield for cookies.

That's nice! I've got high hopes for getting her dialed in real soon and pulling these numbers. My expected harvest this run is 520-540g max. This set of plants had a rough veg.

flat9

Here's some shots of my vegging plants.

I must add I will be upgrading to
400w MH Horizontal
Air Cool 6" Sun Tube
2' x 4' tent & tray

Bare with me guys. I'm a man on a mission and know exactly how to get there.

Question: why bother with the cool tube if you've got an A/C (I think I saw one in those pics?)?

Also, how precisely do you feed w/ your flood and drain setup?

Finally, aren't you worried about the buds getting too close to the lamp? Do you pull them back somehow?

Sleeper7784

Thank the almighty Gods that are blessing our land with some much needed rain. Hopefully it keeps it up the rest of spring.

Sleeper7784

Question: why bother with the cool tube if you've got an A/C (I think I saw one in those pics?)?

Also, how precisely do you feed w/ your flood and drain setup?

Finally, aren't you worried about the buds getting too close to the lamp? Do you pull them back somehow?

My 2x4x8 veg tent is in another room. I veg. Horizontal but Its currently only 240w of shitty florescent. That is where that equipment will go. I only move those plants in there to soak up some hps while the lights are on. The plants in the white pots were suppost to being flowering right now in a side by side doughnut but have to postpone a few weeks to start them.

I don't flood and drain. I handwater, DTW. The tray catches all my run off and puts it in a bucket for disposal. I love the tray because I have the option to hook up a rez and flood/drain recirc, drip/drain recirc, drip to waste, and handwater. Just to come up with a few.

AND yes I worry about the buds getting to close. But I stay on top of tieing them back if needed. It's all about the training. I've got buds as close as 9" to the light with no stress at all. If you put your hand by it, its actually some what cool.

Sleeper7784

Day 44

Day 44

Over the past 4 days, color is setting in nicely and pistols are turning their beautiful complimenting orange. Day time temps are a steady 71 degrees night time temps 60.

This is week 7, and this run, it will be the last week of feeding. They've been getting just 380ppm of bloom since Day 37 and starting week 8 I will begin flushing.

Under normal circumstances I run her 70 days but need to recop. sooner than then, and catch up on my bills.

So this round I'm going to do a selective harvest on day 63 or 65 and get all my best looking stuff first. Then let the undergrowth finish out.

picture.php
picture.php

Sleeper7784

As much as I love growing this cut, the quality, flavor and smell, the effect it gives me.

I am on the hunt for another quality hybrid to run by her side. Max weight without sacrificing medicinal value. Something commercial with connoisseur genetics.

Any ideas from the Cali crew, of where and what might be accessible by me. Open to any ideas.

NOT interested mostly Sativas, or anything with more than 70 day flower times.
And since I grow vert. I need something that will stretch a little and give me some room to train a good canopy.

Your guys input and help is greatly appreciated.

d3cryption

Veteran
Try the key lime pie.... burning bush cuts.... im liking them bettrr than the pcg so far.. better yield for sure so far..

Sleeper7784

Try the key lime pie.... burning bush cuts.... im liking them bettrr than the pcg so far.. better yield for sure so far..

Thanks. I'll look into it. Burning Bush Nurserys have decent cuts.I've been peepin their cuts for a minute but haven't talked to anyone about them.

I think Harborside San Jose vends a lot of their cuts.

Thing I hate about shopping in the bay is by the time I get over there. There's no guaranty the cuts I want will be there. I hate having to settle.

Sleeper7784

Cloning in Coco.

Cloning in Coco.

Hey guys I know some of us out there have problems cloning in plugs.

I dealt with this issue when I started growing, but part of becoming a smarter grower I decided it would be best for the flow of my to attempt cloning straight into the same medium I grow in. Since starting this, I mastered my technique and secured my success rate to 100%(knock on wood).

Here's a little tutorial of how I get it done.

Night before prep. (under normal circumstance I prep my cups a week ahead of time to allow the coco to slightly dry, but for the purpose of demonstration I did this the night prior)

Step 1. Fill required amount of 9oz clear cups, w/ pre rinsed coco. (mine happens to be dry but it can be damp)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Step 2. I take the cups and give them a little rinse w/ 150ppm tap water to ensure good rinse.

picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts