What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

iguana juice questions

so im done with fox farm, just retired my last salt. what a waste of money. 5 bottles of crap. any hu, that was a mistake im correcting. im sold on advance nutrients, but im not going to get all they have to offer. i use sunshine mix #4 essentially. only that. put clones into it. so i bought iguana juice grow, so that i didnt have to start feeding my next crop any crap, and they are growing too fast, i have to put them out side or feed them budweiser, and thats after 2 weeks. im going to continue feeding, but what im wondering is what other products actually increase growth. i use organic black strap molasses, and a microzehea inoculate from the co-op. im going to buy the iguana juice bloom for this next crop, and im also going to get the sensi zyme. anything else worth the money? thanks for the help, im still learning the basics of going organic, and so far im loving it.

Zendo

Please don't take this the wrong way, but nothing they sell is worth what they charge.

If you HAVE to buy their stuff, I would ONLY get the grow and bloom, ,and feed those along with EWC compost tea recipes.

That said, you can get any other brand for cheaper, or just make your own 'nutes' for very little.

AN tricks people into thinking that their nutes have secret magical Cannabis specific properties, and then try to refuse disclosing ingredients so everyone doesn't know they are same as anyone else..

Seriously, If you are gonna go organic bottled nutes, you'd be doing yourself a favor by going with anyone but AN..

HTH

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ not correct at all.

yes they are selling to the cannabis scene, yes there aim is at cannabis growers, but don't hate over wrong information..

think how many people they've helped grow there own. I know I don't have a company selling nutes to help people so...

here is a link to igunana juice ingredients here, or take a look at there info for piranha here, which I've never seen more material from a company

I use bio canna as I like there philosophies, website, mag, contact support, organic image, and best suits my goals, wants, needs...

other organics I like, seaweed, humic, fulvic, silica source, compost tea, earth worm castings, and a bunch of other stuff i cant think of..

Last edited:

Zendo

^ not correct at all.

yes they are selling to the cannabis scene, yes there aim is at cannabis growers, but don't hate over wrong information..

think how many people they've helped grow there own. I know I don't have a company selling nutes to help people so...

here is a link to igunana juice ingredients here, or take a look at there info for piranha here, which I've never seen more material from a company

I use bio canna as I like there philosophies, website, mag, contact support, organic image, and best suits my goals, wants, needs...

other organics I like, seaweed, humic, fulvic, silica source, compost tea, earth worm castings, and a bunch of other stuff i cant think of..

Friend...To be more blunt...AN is a ripoff. If you are into sourcing your own ingredients like seaweed,humic,fulvic,etc.. you should more than be aware of this.

You are simply paying for an aggressive marketing campaign, and a slick shiny label.
period.

I know exactly what is in their products, and the iguana juice and piranha are the best examples of what a joke their company is..

Iguana juice: Fish meal, yucca, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, yeast.

THEY CHARGE $200 a gallon..

Fish meal- 50lb bag, $40
Alfalfa meal- 50lb bag $24
Kelp meal- 50lb bag $55
brewers yeast- 2 lb $20
yucca- 1 pint $10

Those are retail google prices, not sourced.. How many thousands of dollars of 'iguana juice' can you make with $140 worth of bulk?

AN piranha?? are you kidding..

The sell 1 POUND for $191...SERIOUSLY?....

They source a blend from http://www.mycorrhiza.com/ and get it for $15-20 a lb MAX

Call mycorrhizal applications, ask for Jeff Anderson, and buy a 40lb bag for around $400 plus shipping..

Or buy in lesser quantities from other sources like concentrates NW for around $20 a pound...

I know you don't use their products, but don't try to call me out for being wrong for stating the obvious.

Companies like AN should be called out for what they are as often as possible, and we should do everything we can to educate our fellow Cannabis growers. There are many companies out there that sell organic bottled nutes that sell for 1/4 the cost, and are of equal quality..

AN thrives on ignorance to sell their products..Let's not help them spread that around..

my 2cents

the point here is that i am still learning what these nutrients even do to my plants. im relatively new to this subject, and not that experienced. for my situation, chipping AN out for a few bones, is not that bad of a deal. hell i even learn along the way how much cheaper i could do it for. what my main concern is that i use everything that has a potential, and i dont miss out of anything. so sure, im getting ripped off, but guess what, i also rip people off, and its going to be summer soon, so im going to really start ripping people off. im trying to learn what else i should be using, not that AN is a rip off and i can make it myself. i could also make my own soil, but i buy it. should i still add calmag to the soil while using iguana juice and molasses?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Friend...To be more blunt...AN is a ripoff. If you are into sourcing your own ingredients like seaweed,humic,fulvic,etc.. you should more than be aware of this.

You are simply paying for an aggressive marketing campaign, and a slick shiny label.
period.

I know exactly what is in their products, and the iguana juice and piranha are the best examples of what a joke their company is..

Fish meal- 50lb bag, $40
Kelp meal- 50lb bag $55
brewers yeast- 2 lb $20
yucca- 1 pint $10

Those are retail google prices, not sourced.. How many thousands of dollars of 'iguana juice' can you make with $140 worth of bulk?

They source a blend from http://www.mycorrhiza.com/ and get it for $15-20 a lb MAX

Call mycorrhizal applications, ask for Jeff Anderson, and buy a 40lb bag for around $400 plus shipping..

Or buy in lesser quantities from other sources like concentrates NW for around $20 a pound...

I know you don't use their products, but don't try to call me out for being wrong for stating the obvious.

Companies like AN should be called out for what they are as often as possible, and we should do everything we can to educate our fellow Cannabis growers. There are many companies out there that sell organic bottled nutes that sell for 1/4 the cost, and are of equal quality..

AN thrives on ignorance to sell their products..Let's not help them spread that around..

my 2cents

ripoff, in who's eyes? making pounds with $160 dollars sounds like the nute company is getting ripped off..

also I thought you said they don't disclose there ingredients? but they do

what I'm trying to do is get your to realize there is more to life then money. so what about the price, when the growing is price-less, so what really is $100 or $6000 when the experience is priceless.

for piranha, either there lying or there telling the truth that they make there own microbes now, which Im sure my might not have read there info saying they grow there own microbes now, which I cannot say is true or not as I don't work at AN, but I could be wrong

there will always be something more, and something less, sounds like the only people upset are the ones not using AN, never hear complaints from the people using AN as I'm sure there to stoned to. If they are selling these products at this price, sounds like you need to be mad at the market, not the marketers..

also for people that want a 1 bottle nute that works, it doesn't sounds bad. not everyone has time / want to mix there own nutes. There are a million ways to grow the plant, and the variety is what makes it fun. It would be pretty boring if there was one nute company, one formula, one way of growing the plant...

all I'm saying is there getting people to grow there own medicine, and they are one step closer to growing the plant then most of us are taking, they are actually getting a product into people's hand regardless of price.. I can't say I'm helping that many people out growing, I am on here to educate people about growing, and if its about educating people about AN at the end of the day, so be it.. life is to short to hate. If you don't like it because of price or corney graphics, or the ingredients, that's fine, but as my first statement, don't spread untruthful things, no matter if we like them or not, fact is fact. I said I use canna and I listed why, but I have nothing against AN at the end of the day as I said before, why fill the time with hate when that time could be spent creating what you think is the right thing to do..

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the point here is that i am still learning what these nutrients even do to my plants. im relatively new to this subject, and not that experienced. for my situation, chipping AN out for a few bones, is not that bad of a deal. hell i even learn along the way how much cheaper i could do it for. what my main concern is that i use everything that has a potential, and i dont miss out of anything. so sure, im getting ripped off, but guess what, i also rip people off, and its going to be summer soon, so im going to really start ripping people off. im trying to learn what else i should be using, not that AN is a rip off and i can make it myself. i could also make my own soil, but i buy it. should i still add calmag to the soil while using iguana juice and molasses?

if growing organic, you want microbes, which is there voodoo, tarantula, and piranha, supplements is up to you how far you want to take products.. I find seaweed to be worthwhile as is EWC, earth worm castings and fulvic.

for cal-mag, if your soil has lime you shouldn't need any, but molasses if using will take care of that as molasses has cal and mag in it..

Check out what this guy's opinion is on soil and fertilizer. Then look at his results. You can spend as much money as you want in this business or you can KISS.

Zendo

ripoff, in who's eyes? making pounds with $160 dollars sounds like the nute company is getting ripped off..

Please describe in detail how you can produce 'pounds' of Cannabis using AN products for $160 dollars..We all would like to know.. And just to make you feel better, I assure you that AN's users are NOT somehow ripping off and bankrupting the poor guys over at the AN factory...

also I thought you said they don't disclose there ingredients? but they do
They intentionally make it hard to locate, and don't sell certain products in states that REQUIRE them to do so..

what I'm trying to do is get your to realize there is more to life then money. so what about the price, when the growing is price-less, so what really is $100 or $6000 when the experience is priceless.
Friend, I don't need a lesson on the trivial value of money..I am a long time practicing Buddhist. I grow my medicine for sick and poverty stricken patients for free, or as close to is as I can. That said, growing is NOT priceless. Many people who don't grow for profit know this..

for piranha, either there lying or there telling the truth that they make there own microbes now, which Im sure my might not have read there info saying they grow there own microbes now, which I cannot say is true or not as I don't work at AN, but I could be wrong
Whether they do now or not, it's a ripoff.If growing their own, they then get it for even cheaper..
there will always be something more, and something less, sounds like the only people upset are the ones not using AN, never hear complaints from the people using AN as I'm sure there to stoned to. If they are selling these products at this price, sounds like you need to be mad at the market, not the marketers..

I don't like seeing a community that I consider myself a part of, being manipulated into purchasing anything based on a lie..Same way I would step in and say something if you were about to buy a geo prizm for 200k thinking you were getting a ferrari..

also for people that want a 1 bottle nute that works, it doesn't sounds bad. not everyone has time / want to mix there own nutes. There are a million ways to grow the plant, and the variety is what makes it fun. It would be pretty boring if there was one nute company, one formula, one way of growing the plant...

I agree, and for those that WANT to use bottled nutes, as I said in my first post, there are equal quality and ingredients in products that are less than 1/2 the cost..Many of us in these forums are not growing for profit.... either for self use, or for medicine for our patients..I can't tell you the look you see on the face of someone on social security who only gets $500 a month to live on, when you can provide their medicine for free. Or when your patient dying of cancer knows that they can get their meds for almost nothing, and that their pain and anti nausea medicine will be 1 thing they don't have to worry about.. This is/would not be possible growing with 'designer' nutes.

life is to short to hate.
I'm not hating..I'm helping a new grower who is asking questions about what to use, or not use from the AN line of nutrients..I answered that question with the best of my ability, based on the knowledge I have gained over the years.

If you don't like it because of price or corney graphics, or the ingredients, that's fine, but as my first statement, don't spread untruthful things, no matter if we like them or not, fact is fact.

Name one single untruthful thing that I have said.Facts ARE facts, which is why I have typed what is in my posts.

meow.

I actually just wasted 5 minutes of my life over at the AN page, and besides a fantastic laugh, I think I threw up in my mouth a few times.

They want you to purchase their different 'flowering systems.." You are supposed to start at the 'hobbyist' level, and then keep buying their 50 different products until you graduate..yep, you guessed it...to the GRAND MASTER LEVEL!!!

Grand Master Grower Bundle
On the Mountaintop, You've Reached the Pinnacle of Massive Harvests.
When you've mastered the art and science of hydroponics growing, you're ready to be the Grand Master. With this bundle and the rest of our Bigger Yields system, you forget about pH hassles while maximizing plant growth and optimizing plant production. Reach for the stars with the Grand Master bundle, free yourself from pH concerns, and enjoy a humongous harvest by using the Grand Master bundle as soon as possible.

*reach for the stars* kids, you can do it! yeilds up to 47% more than their 'hobbyist' kit..

I imagine it would be a lot like scientology..When you get to the highest level, and are finally 'clear'..they tell you the punch line that you have just been scammed for the last few years, and you've been pissing your money away on science fiction..

Zendo

if growing organic, you want microbes, which is there voodoo, tarantula, and piranha, supplements is up to you how far you want to take products.. I find seaweed to be worthwhile as is EWC, earth worm castings and fulvic.

for cal-mag, if your soil has lime you shouldn't need any, but molasses if using will take care of that as molasses has cal and mag in it..

wow.

HillBillMt

as a profesional grower (i mean its my profesion and i run/own a HUGE nursury rated by some as the top five in the state) i have found advance ta be worth while supplements, i have found that its not ness. to feed the first few weeks in new dirt. so by transplanting a site once every three weeks the site only requires supplements (grow)at the end of that transplant cycle, then when the final transplant into bloom we find the supplements help thru week three ta week six, by then most are in the flush weeks and we are cutting down big ripe sticky buds at week eight or nine. this also helps cutt the expence that is always affiliated with advance...
now i dont know nuttin about the hobby deal or master whatever the folks are carryin on about, i do know that if ya watch yer ppm's and watch yer dates you can pull good crops with advance, voodoo is very pricey, i use it anyway.......... HHB :shooty:

Zendo

Sorry I posted in your thread..I was just trying to help.

You said in your first post that you were dumping fox farm, as they were 5 bottles of crap, and a waste of money..

Well, AN is fox farm x 10.

Sorry to hear you rip people off, let us know how that works out for you.

I think you should buy the entire line of AN organic products. I think you will have a 47% increase in yields, firmer buds, and all the rest..Don't forget to pick up some bloom enhancers while you are over there, and Carboload is a MUST have..

Good luck on graduating to the 'pro' and 'grand master' levels, and cheers to your wild and crazy summer of 'ripping people off'..

yikes.

ya man, thanks for stopping by, dropping a duce, eating my food, and leaving. next time you stop by somebodys thread that is asking for advice on a specific subject, answer to that subject. i get your point, and i did from your very first post. i choose the subjects that need improvement in my grow, and that is that. if cost ever matters, im sure ill look up home brew nutrient recopies, till then imma fuck with what makes sense to me. go tell others how crappy AN is, or try it sometime. but for now, think you could let others help me out, and tell me what else i should be using. go post in a different thread.

Zendo

ya man, thanks for stopping by, dropping a duce, eating my food, and leaving. next time you stop by somebodys thread that is asking for advice on a specific subject, answer to that subject. i get your point, and i did from your very first post. i choose the subjects that need improvement in my grow, and that is that. if cost ever matters, im sure ill look up home brew nutrient recopies, till then imma fuck with what makes sense to me. go tell others how crappy AN is, or try it sometime. but for now, think you could let others help me out, and tell me what else i should be using. go post in a different thread.

Peace friend.

I did answer your question in my first post. You acted like a new grower, and asked what of their products you should use besides grow and bloom, and 'what others are worth the money'. Either you ARE a new grower, looking for answers, or you are a company shill for AN, and looking to start a thread where people boast about AN products.

I simply answered both questions, and for some reason that offended you and 'habeeb'.

I'm sorry I didn't give you the answer you were looking for. You wanted your fellow AN 'bro's' to come along and stroke you off for being in the AN boys club, and tell you to buy their whole product line for buds that are better than everyone elses..

If you had spent some time in the organic forums, you would probably start to realize that most of the people in here don't use AN , and for very good reasons..It's not that we are all stupid, and just haven't seen the light..it's that we would find it almost comical to go spend $200 a gallon on something you can buy for $50 gallon, or make yourself for pennies on the dollar.

Since you are motivated by greed, and 'ripping people off', you would think that you would be all OVER my advice, as you could make 'water only' soil mixes, and spend ZERO on nutes, or bottled nutes 1/4 the cost!! You could really F8ck over your customers then, and rip them off even harder!!! You could tell them that you still use AN, as they wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the size, or quality of your buds <zing> and keep charging your ripoff prices!

You could have soo much more money for tanning packages, and jewelry, and sweet rims and such.

Don't forget to grab an AN t-shirt before checkout!

Feb2006er

Who pays $200 a gallon for iguana? I usually pay $90-100 per gallon. I love iguana. It's a hell of a lot better than botanicare, general organics, earth juice, foxfarm, amongst others I have used.

N

NinoBrown420

Yes,AN is over the top with their advertising,that doesn't mean their products don't work. Yes,it is not as cheap as making it yourself,but Iguana will work fine in Sunshine #4.I prefer Grozyme to Sensizyme,and like others said a bit of kelp once or twice couldn't hurt.

Harleyrider2000

this guy has no idea

this guy has no idea

period.

Fish meal- 50lb bag, $40
Kelp meal- 50lb bag $55
brewers yeast- 2 lb $20
yucca- 1 pint $10

my 2cents

I'll call you right out!!!!! I bet you've never even used Iguana Juice! One thing I can't stand is people running there mouth on forums when in all actual fact they have NO CLUE on the topic!

As for Iguana Juice Grow/Bloom it in fact is a high quality easy to mix formula with incredible results from start to finish. I would simply say out of everything I've used this is the BEST! For me anyway but you say there products are horrible? Maybe it's the operator! I've gotten nothing but TOP QUALITY medicine with help from AN products. Remember we're talking ORGANIC here.

Not to mention for less experienced cultivators (beginners) this is the perfect solution made in one easy formula all in one jug! This stuff really does work like magic. Super easy to use directions and the juice will speak for it self once you use it!

Besides, it's a 100% Money Back Guarantee! Obviously if they were in the business of introducing products to the market that were garbage, well, they wouldn't be guaranteeing there products with 100% Money Back Policy.

I don't disagree you can prob make this yourself with your own ingredients bought wherever but I can say for dam sure you wouldn't be buying as top quality ingredients! You gonna clime to the top of several Volcanos to collect Volcanic ash? Likely not! Or collect your own bat guano from different parts of the world? Haha same answer right! Not to mention Iguana Juice is the only 100% Organic Based nutrients.

Quote from AN Webpage :

Luckily, Douglas Isn’t The Type To Just Give Up! Here’s What He Discovered…

After his disgusting results, Douglas flushed out the Earth Juice and tried the next organic fertilizer his store recommended, Pure Blend Pro. But he soon found out it was just an additive and not a base nutrient.

Not only that, he discovered Pure Blend Pro was not 100% organic because it included ingredients like potassium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate…

Even worse: these carbonates, which are included as pH buffers actually leak into the growing medium … build up over time becoming more concentrated … and eventually raise the pH of the growing medium … creating a less than ideal growing environment for plants.

On a mission now, Douglas was determined to find an organic nutrient blend that worked!

He tried some off-brand organic nutrients made by home brewers, including super teas, and found the same kind of problems over and over…

They were extremely hard to mix and use… smelled bad (so bad, they couldn’t be used indoors because of the raw sewage smell)… clogged his pump system… or they didn’t give the plants enough nutrients to grow strong.

Just when he was about to give up, he discovered…

An Amazing Organic Growing Breakthrough
Iguana Juice™

At first, Douglas was skeptical of Iguana Juice because everything else he had used promised to be just as good and still gave him the same disgusting and frustrating problems.

But, with the 100% money-back guarantee Advanced Nutrients offers on all their products, he figured he had nothing to lose so he bought both Iguana Juice Grow and Iguana Juice Bloom 1-Part nutrients for his next cycle.

Here’s what Douglas had to say, in his own words,
“Let me tell you, I could tell from the first time I opened the Iguana Grow container that this was going to be different for me and my plants.
I could tell that this was a fully organic formula but also that it didn’t smell like sewage.
It poured easily and diluted itself into my reservoir real well. It worked easy in my system and went right into the plants’ roots with no trouble.
The plants were greener and grew faster than I had ever seen.
I used Iguana Bloom for bloom phase, and I gave your stuff an A+ because I see that the taste and yield are improved over anything I’ve used before, even synthetics.”

How Iguana Juice Completely Eliminates The 5 Biggest Organic Growing Problems…

NUMBER ONE: Iguana is 100% organic and uses only premium quality and sourced ingredients… including… the most potent, effective, and powerful micronutrients available today.

For example, several types of guano from different sources are utilized so you get a broader range of guano nutrients. And Advanced Nutrients thoroughly washes the guano, so you only get purified guano extracts that don’t make you gag from the smell.

In fact, all the ingredients in Iguana Juice are quadruple clean-processed utilizing so they’re deodorized and disinfected. Because of this, your garden smells great and stays safe!

And the manufacturing processes are so advanced that the ingredients retain their whole nutritional value, or the nutritional value is actually magnified (due to the removal of contaminants) during this extensive cleaning process.

It’s the same with the immaculate kelp meal extracts used in Iguana Juice. Your plants get more concentrated kelp nutrition than they ever could before.

What’s more: Advanced Nutrients uses several different blends of volcanic ash from many different parts of the world (because of differing nutrient profiles) to source only the most powerful, effective and nutritious micronutrients possible for use in this formula.

In short, every ingredient in Iguana Juice is premium sourced, deodorized, and clean-processed so you get only the freshest, purest and most potent organic formula available.

NUMBER TWO: Iguana Juice is a liquid, 1-Part fertilizer formula that has been quadruple filtered using a heated pressurized system.

That’s why it mixes easily in any type of hydroponic gardening system… and… why it flows so easily through almost any type of system without ever clogging it.

In fact, Iguana has been specially designed for use with all hydroponics, sphagnum and soil growing mediums. And you can use it with any and all hydroponic, aeroponic, drip irrigation, NFT, ebb and flow and continuous liquid feed growing systems.

It’s also the reason why you never have to worry about the nasty “sludge” buildup you would get from nearly every other organic fertilizer system. And speaking of sludge…

NUMBER THREE: Because Iguana Juice doesn’t smell like sewage and it mixes fully without creating “sludge” in your filters and growing systems, it doesn’t create the same environment that other organic formulas create.

This means you won’t be breeding fungus gnats or other insects in your grow room that spread germs, diseases, attack your plants, and are downright disgusting and annoying! And that’s not the only benefit to a liquid, 1-Part formula like this…

NUMBER FOUR: Because Iguana Juice is a 1-Part liquid formula, it’s extremely easy to mix and use. So if you’re looking for a simpler, more effective organic fertilizer formula-this is it!

Here’s how simple it is: Iguana Grow is a 1-Part complete organic nutrient for use in your grow phase. And Iguana Bloom is a 1-Part complete organic nutrient for use in your bloom phase. They contain exactly what your plants need in each specific phase to set you up for maximum yields and the most delicious harvests ever.

NUMBER FIVE: Iguana Juice was developed specifically for the types of plants you grow to give them… exactly… down to the cellular level… what they need for vigorous growth and big bloom phases.

Here’s how…

Unlike other organic nutrients which are too “hot” and burn plants with too much nitrogen, Iguana Juice Grow contains the exact ratio of softer, more rounded Nitrogen to fuel optimum growth…
It contains only the most premium, pure, and effective nutrients and micronutrients your plants need like fish extract, guano, earthworm castings, yucca, krill, alfalfa, volcanic ash and other exclusively-sourced, premium-quality, 100% organic ingredients that spur plant metabolism, budding sites, floral development, and enhanced taste and aroma.
These organic ingredients are loaded with nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, micronutrients and growth enhancing extracts that force your plants to do exactly what you want them to do as soon as possible.
This unique formulation guarantees to improve how nutrients are transfer from the root zone directly into your plants.

As Always, You Too Can Try Iguana Juice 100% Risk-free!

Like all Advanced Nutrient products, you don’t have to risk one single penny of your hard-earned money when trying Iguana Juice out!

That’s because Advanced Nutrients stands behind their products with a 1-year, 100% Money-Back Guarantee…

Educate yourselves before bashing others online because it's no good to anyone.

Peace

Granger2

Veteran
"quadruple clean-processed utilizing so they’re deodorized and disinfected."

This is organic? [smirk] -granger