What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GA Black Market is horrendous

RaZoR!

Let me preface this by saying that I am quitting smoking until I either move to a legal state or it is legal here, or people actually start getting fire weed again so I don't really care if people know where I am.

Besides a brief stint in socal, I have lived in GA for well over 15 years. I was really well connected and never had problems finding top shelf bud. In recent years, the availability of good weed has gone down hill and its frustrating to say the least. I use to get really dank OG, Chem, Sours, Glues without having to look for it, but now your lucky to see that maybe once every few months, and people tax on it($50 1/8ths!) and hoard it because its rare.

All the weed around is 35-45 an 1/8th for unflushed, poorly cured, mediocre buds. Good genetics that were grown poorly surplus kind of stuff. You end up smoking your entire bag in a night and barely get high.

Its not just 1 or 2 dudes either. I have about a dozen connections and none of them can get it regularly. The profit margin on good weed is less and dealers just buy budget weed that has a higher profit margin. Non connoisseurs or weekend smokers are fine with it, but anyone who enjoys fire weed is pretty pissed.

I have been blowing money on weed during the pandemic and most of it has sucked. I am tired of being disappointed. Legalization fucked it up here, it just allowed for a giant surplus of unsellable bud to flow into the market. Not to mention people cutting bags with hemp and CBD bud. Maybe I am just unlucky, but nobody gets good weed anymore. Why would a grower send his top shelf to the east coast when he could sell it in high end dispensaries for $50/1/8th? Most of the bud that makes it way here is commercial, cash crop weed that sucks. Most people are too ignorant to know what its actually like.

Thanks for fucking up the weed game. One of the few things that I actually enjoy in this world.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
best thing you can do - is find a way to grow your own - it saves a lot of money and hassle -

gladysvjubb

Veteran
With the advent of LED lights, fans and mini heaters and mini dehumidifiers go under the stairs and set up a grow.
Get the beans of your choice.
Use Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and do not pay more than $15 a 1.5 cubic foot bag.
I just switched over to 16" self watering pots from Target. Use black, studies have shown the plants like their roots in the dark.
NO NEED to feed for the first 2 months with Fox Farms.
Get growing. DO NOT TELL ANYONE.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I grew my own for twenty years. Age and health slowed me way down at the end but it was legalization that put me out of business.

Example: I made the primo concentrate for this region at 95% THC, a thin oil with a light yellowish tinge. I charged $120 a gram due to the rigorous conditions and time required to make it.

I can buy 98% THCV for $90, and being nonsticky it can be handled with fingers. Mine was smoother and lasted a bit longer, being THC instead of THCV, but convenience and availability made it my go to even over my own product.

Also grown were clone only Sative and Indica plants, usually one strain of each so volume would be available.

I go to the pot store and it takes several minutes for my bud smoking buddies to make up their minds from the 25 varieties available, all with the THC, THCV, Terpenes, and CBD percentages listed.
Some gourmet brands have the contents broken down into 15 individual chemicals. This allows narrowing down the first time choices by reading the entourage chemicals of the different strains and comparison before purchase.

It is all on how the legal markets are run, most are set up for convenience of the local state rather than on what the market actually should be to function at its best.

Alaska has a strong constitution and all the original rules were challenged in court and had to be written with the Alaska resident considered the first priority in regulation.
We are are a red state but our constitution writes out in great detail just how much the state is allowed to arbitrarily ban without proving specific science researched findings to support the laws.

Our stores kick ass enough the black market is gone except for personal growers that share. Not a big enough market to make a living at anymore.

Sorry about Georgia.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What is this about GA has legalized pot?

I have a theory, and that is these "United States" are going to become the "competing states" as the economy goes further down the tubes. People will want to live in free states, that are not broke. IL is not one of those, even though they legalized, they let the .guv mafia ruin it.

If/when I move those will be huge considerations. All states are not created equal anymore.

T

TakenByTheSky

In the legal states you can't give the shit away there's too much and the recreational stores are still trying to charge $400/oz

Klompen

So on the plus side... you could have it so much worse. My partner and I are medically-dependent on cannabis in order to be able to do basic things like eat and not suffer crippling degrees of cramping.

Right now I drive 90 miles to get this stuff and its 100+ an ounce no matter how much you buy. Be glad you don't live in Iowa :p