What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EOSD-99 on Seedbay (Get em quick before everyone knows they're there...)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Anyone remember this cross on Seedbay from a few years ago?

(ECSD x C-99)x(Original Diesel x C-99) Same super pineappley male was used to create both strains used in the cross, I acquired some of the same beans from the original grower and made the same cross of them again.

:party::headbange

LOTS of pineapple, great vigor and health, chunky C-99/SD flowers, both sets of beans I crossed grew plants which were a breeze to grow. I just hope someone does a grow show on here with them.

Enjoy!
:tiphat:

EOSD-99

Check out the Mancos Hybrid#2 as well, she's a box of surprises just waiting to be opened. :)

Tynehead Tom

I have some (Original Diesel x C-99)x(ECSD x C-99) beans in my vault. They were on seedbay as well but these came by way of a gift with some other stuff. I've got a pretty nice sack of those on hand and I think maybe I should pop some of those while I still have some time left to get starts going for the greenhouse. I think mine came by way of mjpassion if I remember right.

Douglas.Curtis

I have some (Original Diesel x C-99)x(ECSD x C-99) beans in my vault. They were on seedbay as well but these came by way of a gift with some other stuff. I've got a pretty nice sack of those on hand and I think maybe I should pop some of those while I still have some time left to get starts going for the greenhouse. I think mine came by way of mjpassion if I remember right.
Yep, same genetic pool, same source of seeds. :)

The only difference between the beans you have from MJPassion and the current ones I made, would be my use of multiple OSD-99 males from their seed stock instead of one. :) I did not wean out any plants which were not liking my particular setup. As it turns out there was only one slightly weaker male in my conditions, with the rest being very healthy and producing a ton of pollen.

There are only about 5 or 6 packs total, so... :chin:

p.s. I also sent in the Mancos Hybrid #2 seeds, an accidental cross from two outdoor grows in 2018. The location was Mancos Colorado near four corners. I grew some out from 12/12 and found them very healthy, fruity flowers with nice colas and not a lot of side branching. Reminded me of Satori style colas. Not one single clue as to what these genetics are other than crosses of very good quality cannabis.

Icmag has been good to me and I finally have a chance to help out. :)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These sound very tasty.

It's not risky bringing in a package of beans from overseas? The USPS records every piece of mail, digitizes the addresses, and you know they have their databases.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
It's not risky bringing in a package of beans from overseas? The USPS records every piece of mail, digitizes the addresses, and you know they have their databases.

The risk of customs doing a random search keeps me from ordering abroad.

Would be cool if a stateside method could be setup.

Douglas.Curtis

Do the progeny have good calyx to leaf ratio like you would expect from the parents? How about yield?
I haven't run them myself yet, but I did keep a dozen. There should be some growers who picked up the cross the last time. Since I used the same seed stock as the last cross, I'd expect very similar results this time around.

There were pineapple and diesel plants in both crosses. Both crosses had plants maturing between 60'ish days and 11'ish weeks. I had one which went long enough I finally chopped her without any amber trichs. RACY... but not very long lasting. Very nice switch up before morning coffee. :)

Great calyx to leaf ratio in the parents, since both C-99 and the Diesels are known for it. Seriously frosty, it was very good smoke. :) The plants all had chunky flowers nodding heavily at harvest. Had I planned better and vegged later than a month from seed, I'd still be toking on it. :) Yields were excellent.

Douglas.Curtis

Crazy... I expected these to sell out quick. Times have changed, yeah?

Is ECSD not such a big thing in Europe?

I'm hoping someone picked up a pack and gets some photos put up. It'll be next season before I get to it myself. I do have a small amount of beans left, just not many. :)

T

TakenByTheSky

Alot of the younger generation doesn't even know what ECSD is.

I've been asking around trying to source a cut and ppl are like whaaat? I get "that's old skool shit man"

You should see rezdog on IG trying to generate hype for new sour diesel seeds, he gets like 50 likes.

I remember back in 07-2010 seedbay was bumping such community support for ppl that shared homemade hybrids and stuff, now the market is so saturated with seed selling website and seed makers it's hard to even find something you'd want to buy so much choice and so much hype.

Douglas.Curtis

Wow... I appreciate that, thank you. :)

I've never been into the seed thing, have difficulty tracking who made what and where such and such came from, but I know good plants when I grow them. :) Figured I'd share. I too remember when seedbay was hopping, the strains being sold spilled into a lot of threads I was reading/posting in back then.

I'm just glad I have genetics from 20+ years ago, they're just that much more complex than most stuff I've seen in the last decade or so. Way better than the latest "Oooooh, check it out! This strain is called BattMann!!" kinda craze. lol

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which way do these lean? I would like the ECSD pure as I have a great C99 already.

Douglas.Curtis

Which way do these lean? I would like the ECSD pure as I have a great C99 already.
These will not be pure, Aaaaand... I would expect some extremely likely candidates out of the mix. The C-99 is definitely present in a lot of the parents, including chunky flowers and pineapply flower notes. Diesel is the predominate gene pool, and their terpenes were distinctly present in most if not all of them.

Thank you Happy Times, the link you posted has a lot of info on many crosses and sources of diesels. Good stuff :D