What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recommendations for 2 very deficient auto plants on day 62 to get to harvest?

The123321

I am on my first grow and I have 2 auto plants that are on day 62 that have had what look like nutrient deficiencies and I think the plants would be ready to harvest in the next 1-2 weeks. I did a lot of defoliating to improve air flow but the 2 plants have lots of bad looking leaves that have curled up and some are yellow or brown and I think I may have removed more leaves than was good as I think the plants have stunted as I have not seen many new leaves after the defoliation a week or 2 ago on there. You can view it in these images. You may be able to zoom in if you need on there.

ihL05rk.jpg

MSx6P8U.jpg

l1aJ9u3.jpg

Would you remove these leaves or leave the leaves on until harvest then trim it when I dry trim the buds on there? Would it make any problems to leave the leaves that look that bad on the buds like would it affect the buds to leave the bad looking leaves on there? Do you think the deficiencies would affect the quality of the bud or only the yield? Do you think it would be fine to smoke it? I am not really trying to fix anything on the plants as I think they only have like 1-2 weeks left to harvest and I am just trying to get the 2 plants to harvest now on there.

bushed

Personally I would take it down now if you're not seeing any changes for a while, you could just give plain water for another week, but I would be trying to get my next round in asap.

As for the smoke I don't know, I doubt it will do you any harm (well no more than normal) all you can really do is try it and see. My guess is that it will have a mild effect and taste really bad.

The123321

Thanks. The ph was like 5.8 - 6.2. I used dry fertilizer. I think it only has like 1-2 weeks to harvest. I want to keep it fine to harvest then move to the next time for it on there.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I am on my first grow and I have 2 auto plants that are on day 62 that have had what look like nutrient deficiencies and I think the plants would be ready to harvest in the next 1-2 weeks. I did a lot of defoliating to improve air flow but the 2 plants have lots of bad looking leaves that have curled up and some are yellow or brown and I think I may have removed more leaves than was good as I think the plants have stunted as I have not seen many new leaves after the defoliation a week or 2 ago on there. You can view it in these images. You may be able to zoom in if you need on there.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Would you remove these leaves or leave the leaves on until harvest then trim it when I dry trim the buds on there? Would it make any problems to leave the leaves that look that bad on the buds like would it affect the buds to leave the bad looking leaves on there? Do you think the deficiencies would affect the quality of the bud or only the yield? Do you think it would be fine to smoke it? I am not really trying to fix anything on the plants as I think they only have like 1-2 weeks left to harvest and I am just trying to get the 2 plants to harvest now on there.
I would say prune more. Drop the pH to the low range for hydroponics (5.0) and give them nothing except a something with micro-nutrients in it and silica. Then let them go as long as possible without mildew or similar showing up.

That would provide as much as possible of a flush, while also feeding the resin.

Low pH, a low EC (0.1, 0.2) liquid stinging nettles, seaweed.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I would say prune more. Drop the pH to the low range for hydroponics (5.0) and give them nothing except a something with micro-nutrients in it and silica. Then let them go as long as possible without mildew or similar showing up.

That would provide as much as possible of a flush, while also feeding the resin.

Low pH, a low EC (0.1, 0.2) liquid stinging nettles, seaweed.
If I'm not mistaken he is in soil, not hydro. Although soils (or a facsimile thereof, cloth pots, with what looks like dirt, not coco) still require a PH swing. Sitting @ 5.8 to 6.2 seems low to me. I swing from 6 to 6.8, preferred is 6.5 but that locks you in to a specific zone, which is not usually beneficial. Swinging is nice :biggrin:

picture.php

The123321

Thanks. It is in coco on there. I water with calmag. I did a small top dressing of dr earth flower girl dry fertilizer today and watered with recharge. I looked at the trichomes and think that it will be like 1-2 weeks to harvest it for it on there.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
I am on my first grow
Congrats The123321 :jump:
Your grow doesn´t look that bad.
You´ll have weed for many pipes/joints/vapes, or whatever you prefer :smoker:
I´m sure you have learnt a lot.

Your next grow will be much closer to perfect :yay:

P :smoke:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks. It is in coco on there. I water with calmag. I did a small top dressing of dr earth flower girl dry fertilizer today and watered with recharge. I looked at the trichomes and think that it will be like 1-2 weeks to harvest it for it on there.

Doubtful "recharge" will happen. Looks pretty crispy. Next time use less fertilizer. With autos, LESS is more.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thanks for the updt good buddy. You have started so many threads on this grow, I don't remember half of what I have read. So sorry :)

picture.php

Bean Sprout

Yeah, I fried an auto Zamaldelica just by using f at lower strength ferts than anything else in my garden.

Lesson learned.

Fixer

If you're growing in coco you're growing hydroponically. There are no nutrients in coco. I'd keep the PH of you feed between 5.5 and 6.5. I shoot for 5.8

Use dissolved fertilizer in your water. Fertilizer builds up in coco so you need to feed and see runoff each watering. Shoot for 10% runoff per volume of feed.

Measure the PPMs of your runoff. The runoff should should be no more than 300ppm higher than your feed.

I feed at 600-800ppm so my runoff is never higher that 1,100ppm. If the runoff exceeds this limit I flush the coco with 1/2 strength feed until my ppms fall below the limit.

If this is too much consider growing in soil. :tiphat:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts