What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strong CBD/THC to help with symptoms of Pneumonia (and Coronavirus?)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Strong CBD-rich strains, maybe with some THC in it, or THC-weed mixed with strong CBD cannabis may help with Pneumonia symptoms. I don't have alot of experience with this but i do have some.

Little over 2 years ago i caught a feverless pneumonia bug which has been one of the strongest bugs i have had to experience. I was running very low on weed at the time so i don't have experience how strong CBD-rich cannabis would have helped when the bug first hit me, but when the bug came back after about 1½ months after the symptoms of the first round had gone away, i found a little bit of sugar leaves and tiny crumble of my CBD-rich keeper, CBD Critical Cure from Barney's ,which is a CBD version of their Critical Kush.

The pneumonia bug that came back was noticeably milder the second time, but clearly the same bug.

Anyways ..The small amount of CBD Critical Cure i found was only enough for 2-3 bong hits that evening, but i was absolutely amazed how strong the relief it gave me was. I never expected it. I could barely feel the heaviness and difficulty of breathing when i was breathing normally (but fairly shallow) while laying in bed, but i could still feel it in my lungs when i took a deeper breath. It was like taking an Aspirin for a head ache, so to me, the effect of the CBD-rich weed was quite dramatic.

It didn't cure me but the relief it gave me was quite something else and like i wrote, i ran out of it after few small bong hits, and so i didn't get to experiment it that much..
..and this is about all i can tell you about it; i don't know if it was just the high CBD content of that weed (10%+ my estimation), or was it because it also has some THC in it (7-10% my estimation) or does the CBD Critical Kush has something else in it's chemo-profile that played a part in it, i can't say.

But it was bong hits, so medicine straight into the lungs.
Cannabis has many antibacterial and antiviral properties, so does it's smoke/vapors.

Too bad i can't tell you much more about it cause i ran out of the weed so fast, but it's something you should experiment with next time pneumonia or perhaps this Coronavirus hits you. Worth to try.

So you may wanna experiment with:

- Strong CBD-weed

- Strong CBD-weed with some THC in it

- Making your own mixtures with CBD-rich and THC-only weeds

- and trying these with different (chemo) types of CBD-rich weed: Afghani/indica, kush and sativas.

If anyone has any experiences with CBD-rich cannabis and pneumonia symptoms, please share.
:)

My CBD Critical Cure from Barney's Farm

picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doubtful, but it'd be great if cannabis was a COVID knockout!! As for pneumonia, unless taken in tincture/edible form, doubtful it would help with the various types of pneumonia other than dilate vessels.

If you have lung problems, you shouldn’t smoke medical weed. Your best bet is to make a whole plant tincture out of a hybrid strain. Place a drop under your tongue twice daily to begin, and increase when needed.

You may take various steps to prevent pneumonia, such as:
Avoid others with infections associated with the risk of developing pneumonia.
Quit smoking.
Stay clear of individuals with the flu, a cold or another respiratory tract infection.
Wash your hands often to keep bacteria and viruses from spreading and leading to pneumonia.
Get chickenpox or measles vaccinations, if you haven’t already, and avoid individuals who have these illnesses.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Doubtful, but it'd be great if cannabis was a COVID knockout!! As for pneumonia, unless taken in tincture/edible form, doubtful it would help with the various types of pneumonia other than dilate vessels.

If you have lung problems, you shouldn’t smoke medical weed.
I didn't claim it to "knock down" anything, i wrote about how it eased my breathing quite noticeably.
I've never felt much ease with THC-only weed for normal flu/coughing, but my CBD Cure sure did help with the pneumonia.

Tincture??
Yea, maybe if you have lung cancer or something, then smoking might be difficult.
But if the flu/pneumonia infection is in the lungs, imo, the most direct way to apply the medicine is by water pipe or a vape, not under your tongue or via edibles.

Cannabis has many antibacterial and antiviral properties, so does it's smoke/vapors.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I was referring to CO VID knock out.

Researched topic before responding.....gave you my nickel's worth.
Read about it, huh. ..just before replying. Well, it sure wasn't a long book.
...but no personal experience with strong CBD/THC cannabis and bacterial/viral lung infection? No bong hits of strong CBD/THC weed for pneumonia like i did?

Well, you'd prolly have mentioned it already, if you'd had actual experiences with it, so no need to reply.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
There are other ways to get your CBDs. I no longer smoke, I vape. I've been smoke free for 10 yrs. If I couldn't smoke (in comparison for a nicotine fix) when I had the flue, I doubt you don't gag on weed. Ingest your medicine! The we can talk about it.

Gry

Multiple respiratory issues;
Small cell lung cancer, Valley fever,
MAC, which is basically a SE Asia version of valley fever.

Body hurts, a lot.
Basically use nothing but cannabis for discomfort.
Love bong hits, but this is not the time for me to do them.
I do frozen quick wash that I mix with olive oil and sublingual.
It feels very similar in effect to smoking, and brings comfort
quickly and effectively.
Best of wishes to all.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Read about it, huh. ..just before replying. Well, it sure wasn't a long book.
...but no personal experience with strong CBD/THC cannabis and bacterial/viral lung infection? No bong hits of strong CBD/THC weed for pneumonia like i did?

Well, you'd prolly have mentioned it already, if you'd had actual experiences with it, so no need to reply.

Do what you want to do GoatCheese.

It's prudent as a healthcare professional to see if there are any NEW developments regarding pneumonia (and there's numerous forms of pneumonia...not one-size-fits-all) and therapeutic cannabis use. And in scanning info, med journals, MMJ sites, I did not come up with anything beneficial other than use cannabis differently than smoking. Spread the wrong info can cause problems down the road.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Multiple respiratory issues;
Small cell lung cancer, Valley fever,
MAC, which is basically a SE Asia version of valley fever.

Body hurts, a lot.
Basically use nothing but cannabis for discomfort.
Love bong hits, but this is not the time for me to do them.
I do frozen quick wash that I mix with olive oil and sublingual.
It feels very similar in effect to smoking, and brings comfort
quickly and effectively.
Best of wishes to all.

Understandable how sublingual could help vs. bong hits, Gry.

So to re-reference, yes, cannabis can do more than dilate vessels. Not serving any more.

Due to lung issues, as well, smoking rarely (and enjoy when I do, but with healthy lung function) and tinctures, capsules do help the most.

Attachments

• Health_Benefits_of_CBD.jpg
    Health_Benefits_of_CBD.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another chart that shows anti-viral and anti-bacterial. Notice it's slim slice of the pie compared to others in this chart. Yet, cannabis and compounds are quite noteworthy in numerous conditions.

Attachments

• cannabis-chart.jpg
    cannabis-chart.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

ozzieAI

Veteran
I posted this the other day https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=371566

Immunoregulatory Role of Cannabinoids during Infectious Disease

https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/481824

Abstract
Although the endocannabinoid system (ECS) is involved in the regulation of several physiological processes, including sleep and the immune response, its role during infections has not been fully studied. It is well known that the use of this drug increases susceptibility to infections because of the impact on the modulation of the immune system. Concerning the medicinal or recreational use of marijuana, its influence on the course of an infection, whether this has been caused by bacteria, viruses, parasites, and to a lesser degree, fungi, has been reported. Furthermore, there is evidence suggesting the involvement of the ECS in the control and elimination of infectious agents such as bacteria, viruses, and some protozoa; in the case of fungi, few studies are available so far. The purpose of this review is to present the existing studies related to infections and the ECS, the microbicidal effects of compounds isolated from Cannabis sativa, and the association between marijuana use and the development of rare pathologies in specific diseases.
© 2017 S. Karger AG, Basel

Influenza
The administration of THC could be harmful for a host infected with the influenza virus. As reported in studies on mice, THC administration after an immune challenge with influenza virus A/PR/8 resulted in increased viral loads, higher hemagglutinin 1 expression, and diminished CD4+ and CD8+ lymphocyte and macrophage recruitment into the lungs [77]. Some of these effects were observed in an opposite manner when CB1 and CB2 knockout mice were infected, i.e., showing increased CD4+ lymphocyte recruitment, IFN-γ levels, and lung inflammation, higher than in control WT mice [78]. Other immune parameters affected include cytokine secretion by CD4+ T cells and NK cells, besides a lower overall percentage of subpopulations of antigen-presenting cells present in the lungs of infected mice [79]. The observed results demonstrate that THC administration diminishes the immune response against the influenza virus.

Concluding Remarks
It is well known that the immune system interacts with the nervous, immune, and endocrine systems, now considered as the neuroimmunoendocrine network. In this sense, ECS activation could be considered an important factor in the study of an effective or deficient immune response against infectious diseases. It should be highlighted that ECS activation might also present complex interactions during the course of an infection.

In this review, the in vitro evidence we have presented suggests that contact with cannabinoid compounds can affect different types of infectious agents, by allowing their replication or by eliminating them. This supports the idea of existing cannabinoid receptors infecting pathogens and that their activation may be responsible for previously mentioned effects, pointing to a new biological function of ECS activation. The immune system is responsible for dealing with foreign agents and their clearance, but, when the ECS is activated, the final result is sometimes different from what would be expected, i.e., the survival of infectious agents within the host.

In the case of bacteria, in vitro and in vivo tests present opposite effects, meaning that while in vitro studies showed cannabinoid compounds exerting antibacterial effects [6,30,54], in vivo tests showed increased host mortality. In the case of infection with L. pneumophila, this effect is due to immune system malfunction, caused by a compromised Th1 protective response [37] or because macrophage functions are inhibited [41], thereby supporting the notion that ECS activation contributes to the function of the immune system. Interestingly, when LPS was injected into mice, the results were similar to the results reported in vitro, because the lack of cannabinoid receptors induced an ineffective immune response [32,33].

Similarly, in the case of viral infections, the contact of viral particles with cannabinoid compounds makes them capable of negatively modulating some immune response parameters. During HIV infection, there is a reduction in CD4+ T cells and IFN-γ concentration [69]. During SIV infection, the activity of NK cells is inhibited [68], resulting in increased host mortality [63,65,66], and, in an influenza virus infection, the viral load is also increased [77]. In the studies in vitro, different cannabinoids increased HCV [59] and HSV replication [60,61]. On the other hand, the use of cannabinoids during an infection with Theiler's virus, an experimental model of MS, showed that cannabinoid agents such as WIN 5,212-2, ACEA, and JWH-015 may be good therapeutic targets for treating MS due to the fact that they promote remyelination [81].

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent, ozzieIA.
In the Conclusion of article...."In the case of infection with L. pneumophila, this effect is due to immune system malfunction, caused by a compromised Th1 protective response [37] or because macrophage functions are inhibited [41], thereby supporting the notion that ECS activation contributes to the function of the immune system. Interestingly, when LPS was injected into mice, the results were similar to the results reported in vitro, because the lack of cannabinoid receptors induced an ineffective immune response [32,33]."

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good palliative effects from Edibles.

Isn't that enough ?

Indeed, or tinctures!!

Lungs and pneumonia....alveoli (miniscule air sacs) are compromised. Smoking further damages them if there's viral, bacterial, chemical, myco/fungal, dust particulate pneumonia.

H

hard rain

Excellent, ozzieIA.
In the Conclusion of article...."In the case of infection with L. pneumophila, this effect is due to immune system malfunction, caused by a compromised Th1 protective response [37] or because macrophage functions are inhibited [41], thereby supporting the notion that ECS activation contributes to the function of the immune system. Interestingly, when LPS was injected into mice, the results were similar to the results reported in vitro, because the lack of cannabinoid receptors induced an ineffective immune response [32,33]."
The main thing I took from that article is that consuming cannabis makes it easier to catch a flu virus, harder to get rid of it, and contributes to worse health outcomes.

[B]in vivo tests showed increased host mortality[/B]. In the case of infection with L. pneumophila, this effect is due to immune system malfunction, caused by a compromised Th1 protective response

Do you understand what host mortality is?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^Correct! Typically host mortality could mean a parasite; virulence is generally defined as the reduction in host fitness following infection by a parasite.

djav59

Personally I have no doubt that it is preventative , and perhaps modifiable for viral,bacterial infections that's why the greatest medical component we have is being denied.

St. Phatty

"one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to mankind"

if it's an inexperienced user, just go low on the doses.

otherwise it could be like a teenager eating too many brownies at a Doobie brothers concert.