What's new

OUTDOOR canadian varietys

clearheaded

well as its about that time to get stuff rocking I figured a good time to talk about the tried and true outdoor varieties that finish here in canada and not just on mild BC coast.

Whats your tried and true varietys?

mighty mite
timewarp (havent seen it other then outdoor BC)
friesland
Guerilla Gold

tried early skunk but neer finished however hardy plant. a durban CBD pretty well finished outdoors with some coverings.

Anyone else know of some tried and true varietys (besides lowryder)? know some hiland nepal types or leb or maroccan may be places to look.

non auto iranian WLD?

The "fast" versions with small amounts of auto similar to mighty mite may be a good thing however I have never tried nor heard of anyone in canada. As it really is all about getting that early triggering when we have more then 12 hours of light until august and near end of sept it can freeze.

You can’t go wrong with timewarp, or any of the crosses out there of it. Blackpackseeds, has a whack load of cool outdoor crosses. Breeder brad use to have a bunch of solid outdoor gear, but I think he’s MIA at the moment.

mazar_man

If you can get your hands on the Apricot Kush clone it blows everything else mentioned out of the water.

Thesearch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200624-072443.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-072443.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20200624-072454.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-072454.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20200624-072515.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-072515.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 47

49th

I remember my uncle talking about Pineberry in the early 00's when I was in Powell River. Think there was a pretty famous cross with Warp too called Pinewarp

Great outdoors

Purple Pineberry was an awesome strain. Haven't seen it around in years, just the Pinewarp. Pinewarp is alright but the Texada kills the flavor. Purple Pineberry was pine heaven.

Legalcdn

Purple satellite from green mountain seeds. Sold on ace seeds site. Soldout at moment. Excellent outdoor sativa. Made for our location. Starts flowering mid july, finishes beginning of september before thieves start. Potent also. It is not a autoflower.

Ace bangi haze is great for our conditions too. Read additional info on ace page.

Also a super canadian grower:
@TychoMonolyth

He has seeds for our condition too

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=369547

Great outdoors

I did find some Purple Pineberry x Romulan seeds from Vancouver seed bank. Will give it a try next summer. Should be a nice piney cross.

Thesearch

I'd like to report that I had a successful harvest outdoors pf a few varieties, my early flowering cross stood up to the tests of the summer, and along with a little coverage in the summer rains, had an almost mold free harvest first week of september of some piney to sweet and creamy buds, and a new addition of a very early flowering mystery strain that caught some pollen from my outdoor variety. genetically they are both sativa dominant, with my variety ranging from sedative to stimulating depending on the pheno expressed. I think it is worth noting that my more purple prone strains tend to be both more sedative and more mold resistant. The Philly gold from ymir is probably my biggest disappointment. very stringy buds under endless leaves of weed that smells like tomato leaves but tastes maybe like tacos. low potency, low yield, poor smell, but fast maturing. I made quite a few crosses in general and intend to breed a few more varieties with my early flowering variety for next year. anyone's welcome to send me a pm if theyre interested in growing some outdoor stock and in Canada. who knows what collaborations could be created through ongoing exchanges. the ideas tickle my brain.

outdoordreams

We grew the WhiteyFreeze from Realgorillaseeds.com and loved it.
Planted late May and harvested early August to Late September.
Great high, taste, structure, bug and mold resistance.

We also had success with the Apricot Kush clone.

Look out for Reefermans TEACUP BX, that is a classic BC outdoor gem.

Latest posts

Latest posts