What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor/indoor terrace grow

El Timbo

Hey Timbo,
Ace and Chimera stock sound perfect.. so are all of these outdoor?

Hi Kalbhaiav - I'm only 100km away from dubi so I thought we might have a similar strain of PM floating around... So far the KCxPCK haven't proven to be as PM resistant as I'd hoped though. We'll see.

Next up will be another Spanish classic - Destroyer! Another strain that I grew in my previous growing days.

Last edited:

El Timbo

.. so are all of these outdoor?

Just realised I'd totally ignored that question :) mainly outdoors but indoors in a cupboard for flowering. The PM is really conditioning my grows. That's partly why I might go seed only so I can focus on the actual growing of each harvest from start to finish - and to have periods of time, days even :) in which I have no live cannabis to be responsible for.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Ah, living the dream :D
I have to say there’s quite a bit of nostalgia attached to outdoor growing for me also. My first grows we’re all outdoor. Here in the UK it’s a very different ballgame and we have to be very picky with what we decide to grow. Short flowering or auto with resistance to EVERYTHING haha.

I’ve had success with Nepalese Jam from ace here, maybe give that a go, or one of the NJ hybrids? That and Erdpurt x PCK would also maybe fit the bill.. Both very resistant

El Timbo

Thanks Kalbhairav - I will bear those suggestions in mind. Dubi has told me that PCK is the most PM resistant strain he has seen (at the population level) - the trouble is I prefer sativas :). Hopefully my efforts at combating it will also help - I think perhaps they are.

Pic of one of the Zamaldelicas at 24 days - I am very much looking forward to trying these!

DSCF9615[1].JPG

El Timbo

And the other one... there are only 2 now. 1 of the 3 showed some PM - I've gone zero tolerance on it.

The Schnazzleberry 3, Panama Haze and IHxBH mothers have all been let go for various reasons (part of my declutter campaign). I still have buds of all 3 and will enjoy them - all good!

DSCF9618[1].JPG

El Timbo

The flowering plants are all developing well and the 3 KCxPCK were flipped last night. I had planned to make seeds with the SPGxBB but now I have no males. I think I will do a winter grow of something that could be used to cross with them - I'm thinking DP Blueberry or ACE PCK.

The Destroyers have been planted and 10/10 have germinated - the plan is to inbreed them.

Pic shows one of the SPGxBBs

DSCF9725[1].JPG

El Timbo

Baby Destroyer - showing her narrow leaf pedigree from the start. The last time I grew these I had 9/10 germinate and they were all females - hopefully I'll get some males this time.

DSCF9726[1].JPG

El Timbo

In my obsessive campaign against PM I forgot all about the spider mites... they haven't got to the web stage yet and will all be washed off at harvest time. I've made some Lactobacillus Serum, which I hope will help combat the PM and improve the plants in general.

SPGxBB at 7 weeks - all 3 are very sticky.

DSCF9737[1].JPG

Zamaldelica at 7 weeks - this one has the mango/carrot smell - the other one is more thai like I think.

DSCF9734[1].JPG

Young Destroyer - all 10 are very similar.

DSCF9736[1].JPG

El Timbo

My favourite KCxPCK at 6 weeks - no PM on them so they will be taken to full term!

DSCF9757[1].JPG

The Zamaldelicas have been harvested a little early as necrosis was setting in. I will have some nice buds from them but they won't be their best expressions.

I had a session on the Malawi x Panama from last autumn and a few things about the way forward became clear :) I have finally decided to stop keeping clones - some of the 5 I have will be used to make hybrids but not kept. I'm going to aim for 3 seed grows each year with a view to making new seeds - an autumn/winter indica grow (this year it will be pure PCK and I will pollinate the SPGxBB clones I have to be grown the following winter); a winter/spring hybrid grow (plan is to grow/reproduce the 5 regular seeds of A5 Haze x PCK that came free with the PCK and some others); and a spring/summer/autumn sativa grow (probably Ghana next summer).

I will sometimes have special guests but there will only ever be 1 type of males in each grow.

The best KCxPCK will be pollinated with Destroyer.

El Timbo

It's looking like I have 6 female and 4 male destroyers - I'll wait a few more days just to be sure. They are all tall and healthy - enjoying the sun and heat!

DSCF9761[1].JPG

The KCxPCKs are looking a little rough in terms of their leaves but the buds are good - very rich aromas.

El Timbo

The 6 female destroyers have been repotted and are growing tall and graceful like ballerinas - the 4 males have yet to drop pollen and are being kept apart for the moment. I'm going to try to restrict seeds to a lower branch of each female.

I'm enjoying my new simplified growing style - fewer responsibilities :)

DSCF9768[1].JPG
DSCF9769[1].JPG

El Timbo

How are the destroyer la coming along?

Unfortunately I destroyed them :( I had custody of a rabbit and used too much rabbit piss and shit on them thinking it would be ok... one by one they died. Very sad but another lesson learned.

I have made a fresh new start with 9 PCK regs and 2 Bangi Haze fems - all doing well so far. Pics of the 2 BH and 4 of the PCK.

DSCF9770[1].JPG
DSCF9771[1].JPG