What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Durban Chitral x Blueberry

browntrout

Veteran
Here is the official thread for the testers of

(Pakistani Chitral Kush x Durban Poison) x Blueberry

PCK - Cannabiogen

Durban Poison - Dutch Passion (Very old IBL)

Blueberry ( males from Joey Weed and Green path seeds Blueberry)

Creation:

In the summer of 2013 I made a hybrid using proven and heavily inbred Durban Poison Stock in which I came out with the usual two phenos then are so ingrained within the strain pheno 1 x pheno 1 would result in a mix of pheno 1 and pheno 2.

So one is airy and spicy the other denser with spear shaped buds and slightly fruity, Both had a strong pungent "durban" smell.

I used an array of males from two packs of PCK in order to reduce bottle necking, there were big green phenos, pink phenos and purple phenos.

When testing the F1 progeny in the summer of 2014 I noted some variation between the Durban Poison and the PCK. But all had a mix each signature smells and taste, but the progeny was just as early as the Durban and had more glandular trichomes and resin than either parent.

The sensi from these plants sported a spicy, hashy,sweet taste and a strong fast acting hammer high that is also really quite clear.

Mothers
Purple/pink phenos relevant in 50% (4) of the progeny resulted in a sweet berry odor that ages into a burgundy wine smell while still retaining a healthy amount of Durban / Paki smells.

Fathers
Joey Weeds blueberry daddies would be the most prevelant males in the mix as it matures much earlier and was closer to the DP x PCK females, It is more creamy, floral than the GPS BB which is darker/ earthier and has more color. The GPS daddies will be less prevelant as they matured much later. I had also grown JOTI nearby but most of the males did not yield much pollen wise so I have my doubts.

There really isn't enough variation within the BB lines to be worried of pheno expression rates.

I would give a 60-70% likely hood of a Joey Weed BB orientation.

I expect to see some very exotic herb and a fair bit of variation, When F2's are made in this pool they will be taken from high numbers.

Happy growing and Enjoy!

Browntrout,

WelderDan

Veteran
I would expect nice things based on the Durban x PCK thread you have going. You have a good eye for selection. I expect to see some drool inducing pictures from this cross.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Bring on the bud shots! Too soon? :D

Looking forward to watching the progression of the summers session.

juldesp

Hi browntrout,

I'm a recreational grower for 7 years now in Europe. I'm really curious about what this cross is gonna be and your genetics are quite amazing in itself.

So i would be honoured to test it out :)

Best regards and much respect !

Jul

browntrout

Veteran
Hi browntrout,

I'm a recreational grower for 7 years now in Europe. I'm really curious about what this cross is gonna be and your genetics are quite amazing in itself.

So i would be honoured to test it out :)

Best regards and much respect !

Jul

All tester packages have gone out as of now, Send me a PM down the road.

BT

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I got em today... Everything looked premature? The durban chitral bb looks the most mature... lets pray to the puff gods

browntrout

Veteran
I got em today... Everything looked premature? The durban chitral bb looks the most mature... lets pray to the puff gods

Yeah it's the price you pay when breeding outdoors, The Durban x PCK is quite early so that was no problem. Already germ tested em with great results. I Would suspect you'd get a few from each other strain. They were extras after all!

BT

browntrout

Veteran
Here's some incentive for ya'll. Hopefully you all have gotten your beans by now.

One of the purple mothers used for DPCK x Blueberry cross.

picture.php

BT

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I'll be popping soon, dont worry BT :)
I pop stuff every week damn near... I'm just waiting to get my veg setup figured out so I dont waste beans anymore.... It wont be long :)

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Got mine in hand now BT!!

Expect to pop them in January :)

Will let everyone know what germination rate I get.

Thanks!
BeL

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All tester packages have gone out as of now, Send me a PM down the road.

BT

Got mine in hand now BT!!

Expect to pop them in January :)

Will let everyone know what germination rate I get.

Thanks!
BeL

You lucky sob's- The testers I sent in got misplaced or lost or something- doh! :wallbash:

Guess I'll have to lurk here until I send in some of my pck hybrids for testing..

:lurk: Bring on the dankness!!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I got you mang dont worry.... I got my soil mix, new nutes, I'm ready to do a serious run now... I'll get them popped Asap, and get the log going.

browntrout

Veteran
is that blueberry truly that black or is that the camera?

Lol it's that color man, I had only used flash. I can take some bud shots but the buds are quite tiny. The heavy purpling came from the cold/frosts the darkness of the color came from an Excess of fertilizer still in the plant/ground.

Also the GPS/DJ Blueberry is quite potent, frosty and resinous, being so heavily inbred I figured It just needed a hybridizing to wake up the smells and flavors. The Joey weed on the other had seems to be the earlier, better yielder between the two while still retaining great crystal coverage and high, It also has a nice creamy/fruity smell.

BT