What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

does aeroponic nozzles kill beneficial bacteria?

little-soldier

recently had a root rot issue with temps between 62-70 using ro water and hydroguard at 2ml/g and so it got me thinking. The only 2 possibilities that my hydroguard didnt work is either I did not add enough or my Gardera micro misting nozzles at 50 PSI using a jet pump are just beating the crap out of my bennes. Been trolling through the net for days and only saw one acticle mentionning it could kill them but with no proof/scientific data to back his claim. Does anyone have any experience with aeroponics and bennes?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
No I don't think that's the issue. I've ran aero many time with zero problems. I will say that as a Botanicare user I found hrdrogaurd to be completely useless. Hygrozyme is the way to go. Never once had a problem with hygrozyme.

My guess is that something wasn't cleaned right or the pump is heating the water while it runs, raising temps.

Latest posts

Latest posts