What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What I'm up too at the moment.

GGNo2

Well I've expanded from my usual 3 under one light to 36 pots under 6 lights.
Absolutely massive compared to what I'm used to.
Also switched from biobizz to canna for the 1st time so I'm completely out of my comfort zone.
Doing OK though if I do say so myself. Only issue I've had is temps being a bit low for a few days during lights off. I've gone from growing in a house with central heating to growing in a large shed so it was a learning curve.

Got it sorted now with 2 radiators controlled by a little computer thingy Bob. Plants did look limp and started to yellow a fraction but have bounced back nicely.

I'm finding the canna terra soil and nutes OK. A lot more complicated than biobizz. I'm having to ph adjust which I never did with biobizz and the pH for canna terra Pro is 5.8-6.2 not 6.5 like other soils.
I found this out a week into grow lol.

With all these little things I've been learning on the go I'm amazed how well the plants are doing.
picture.php

superx

Veteran
Welcome to the jungle, looks good.

This makes for a good journal,

What size are your pots, i take it your still in veg?

packerfan79

Veteran
I used to grow in a shed, I always had low temps during fall and winter. It's a challenge. Are you running the lights at night

GGNo2

I used to grow in a shed, I always had low temps during fall and winter. It's a challenge. Are you running the lights at night

I am yes, the shed itself has insulation, it was being lived in at one point. I run the lights from 6pm till 12pm.
The temps got down to 9c at the lowest and the plants did stall and go all limp.
Had temps back up to 20c minimum during lights out this past week and they've began growing again.

packerfan79

Veteran
I am yes, the shed itself has insulation, it was being lived in at one point. I run the lights from 6pm till 12pm.
The temps got down to 9c at the lowest and the plants did stall and go all limp.
Had temps back up to 20c minimum during lights out this past week and they've began growing again.

Sounds like you are going to need a heater. If you get a temperature controller you can dial in the temperature.

Never mind I see you got it sorted out.

GGNo2

Off to buy 2 wilma systems this weekend as well. Gonna install another tent and give hydro an attempt. If I get on with it the next big project will be all hydro.

Blazeee

Veteran
If you do get the 2nd tent, depending on how may lights your planning on using i would run it when your current tent is off and exhaust the air back in to the room to raise those night time temps in your big tent

Whats your plans with the wilma system, you going to run just straight clay pebbles on a recirculating drip system? Or are the wilma systems for the big tent? and are you going to do DWC in the new tent?

I was passed a few of the wilma systems years ago and didnt like them, i found the plants were too close together.

Have you considered autopots? I bought a load for dirt cheap a while back, gave a few to a buddy whos never grown before and he is crushing it with them. Hes got 4 smalll plants in a 80x80cm tent with a 60L res and all he does is go and top it up every 10-14 days and his plants are looking great. All he had to do was hand water them for the first 3-4 weeks veg then rigged the auto pots up at start of flower by the time the roots had hit the bottoms of the pots.

Ive also set some up in a 4x8 tent and im loving the ease of them, makes me feel like a right muppet for hand watering all these years lol. Plants also seem to be drinking alot more than i would give them hand watering.

If you were to go down the Coco route, i reckon you could crush it, using the 8L square pots in the single tray systems. especially with the ability for the plants to drink as much as they want in the autopots.

GGNo2

If you do get the 2nd tent, depending on how may lights your planning on using i would run it when your current tent is off and exhaust the air back in to the room to raise those night time temps in your big tent

Whats your plans with the wilma system, you going to run just straight clay pebbles on a recirculating drip system? Or are the wilma systems for the big tent? and are you going to do DWC in the new tent?

I was passed a few of the wilma systems years ago and didnt like them, i found the plants were too close together.

Have you considered autopots? I bought a load for dirt cheap a while back, gave a few to a buddy whos never grown before and he is crushing it with them. Hes got 4 smalll plants in a 80x80cm tent with a 60L res and all he does is go and top it up every 10-14 days and his plants are looking great. All he had to do was hand water them for the first 3-4 weeks veg then rigged the auto pots up at start of flower by the time the roots had hit the bottoms of the pots.

Ive also set some up in a 4x8 tent and im loving the ease of them, makes me feel like a right muppet for hand watering all these years lol. Plants also seem to be drinking alot more than i would give them hand watering.

If you were to go down the Coco route, i reckon you could crush it, using the 8L square pots in the single tray systems. especially with the ability for the plants to drink as much as they want in the autopots.

I was planning on using clay balls just to avoid fungus gnats mostly.
Yeah I was looking at the autopots, the reason Im going with wilma is just because it's all self contained. I may just look into the autopots again. Got a couple of days to settle on what will be used.

This set up will be going into a separate outdoor building to my big tent so can't reuse the air but I've got a stack of small oil radiators now and a couple of air cons if needed.
My temps are spot on now I've installed heating and a thermostat. I went in to water last night just before the lights came on and temp was 24.6c so it's on the money.

Yes handwatering 36 plants 3 litres each has got tiresome lol. I have to fill 5 x 25litre containers and carry them about 100meters to the plants then do mixing and watering. This is while I have 6 hps going, it turns me into a horrible sweaty mess but I don't mind so much.
I do believe it's time to move to an automated system though.

Blazeee

Veteran
Looking good Gav, have you flipped them yet mate? Looks like it will turn in to a right jungle in there soon.

GGNo2

Looking good Gav, have you flipped them yet mate? Looks like it will turn in to a right jungle in there soon.

Going to flip tomorrow. Yeah it's getting tight I've still got space to work with as I have them all grouped together in 2/3rds of the tent. They're only 16-17 inch tall and this clone don't stretch that much. I've grown it twice before but yeah shits gonna get real in a couple of weeks at watering time.

superx

Veteran
Cruising along nicely, try not to get lost in there mate.

Its got the potential for a nice haul,

What is the time scale on the flowering front?

GGNo2

Around the 10 week mark is the sweet spot but can pull down at 9 if needed and it's still a respectable smoke.
Will leave it for 10 though as otherwise I'm gonna be chopping Xmas day near on lol. Spaced them all out tonight and set the timers 12/12. It's gonna be a jungle in there in a few weeks time lol.

superx

Veteran
Fuck yea man, that whole tent has burst into life....

Happy dayz, what a difference a week makes.