What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Extraction Drying Techniques

Calwax

i had a freeze drier for a while , always scooped the hash wet rather then wicking off any moisture, i would let it drain as much as with could, give it a light *dab* and scoop. Always produced a powdery consistency extremely light in color at the factory suggested cycles.
Sublimation is a interesting new tech implemented in this industry, I dig it. BUT some will say you will be losing terp quality . but i mean couldn't you essentially collect the water from this big cold trap and seperate the terpenes that have been vacuumed?

PDX Dopesmoker

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63309&pictureid=1502867&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
45 micron fullmelt bubblehash sublimated using a harvest right freeze dryer. Cheers!:smoke out:

What you made there a year and a half ago is now called "beach sand" by the cool people on the internet. The current fad is to make rosin from beach sand at low temps and low pressures to keep the pale color.
Subcool & friends will fill you in on the details here starting at the 13:20 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjObHXuocmY

but first its time to get high with the weed nerd

TerpChild

Can i just put wet hash in a vac chamber and purge the water that way? I read earlier in this thread about doing that at 0 degrees but can i just do it at room temp? Or will the water boil off terpenes as it is pulled out?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vacuum desiccation. The references I have seen add a desiccant to the chamber, but this was for material storage/drying in a laboratory. I haven't yet read of drying times let alone specifically for bubble.

Dry ice vapour desiccation is another avenue, one I hope to try soon.

I keep meaning to search IC for either but that is a pain in the ass.