What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry Sifting Mendo420 Style

DemonTrich

Veteran
good stuff man!!!!! I love my bho and bubble, but might give 4 plants a go at dry sifting and pressing (og ghost train haze#1 and CSG strawberries n cream) trim this harvest. LOVE those pressed pics man!!!!! the turkey bags you mention, what do you do, cut to size and tape, or?

mack 10

Veteran

:dance013::dance013:

Always wanted a mason jar full of melt! Great work.
Puff puff, passs!

mendo420

Veteran
good stuff man!!!!! I love my bho and bubble, but might give 4 plants a go at dry sifting and pressing (og ghost train haze#1 and CSG strawberries n cream) trim this harvest. LOVE those pressed pics man!!!!! the turkey bags you mention, what do you do, cut to size and tape, or?

I QUIT smoking/vaping BHO. Shit is bad fir you.

Bubble Yum!

I use cellophane bags and cut them and tape them. Turkey bags will work to.

I stick in toaster oven lowest setting for 5-10min then use a rolling pin!

high tec shit over here!
:tiphat:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Sunfire

Veteran
Yeah mendo share the tech, did you make your tumbler. Did you see the ss screens I posted in the bubble man dry sift thread that is stickied? Utahbiodieselsupply.com has ss mesh down to 5 microns! I want to make a large setup of screens that goes in a huge freezer and is gently shaken automatically!

To start though, I really like the design a friend came up with for di kief. A 20 gallon blue bubble bag, 220 micron? A cheap reciprocating blade saw, a tote, and some scrap wood. He was busting out like 20 pounds of kief a day and it looked good right out of the bad like that. Then you take that kief to your series of screens. But I want to go back, auto dry sift at -20F 1 kilo at a time!!!

I'm also giving up on bho for dry sift and rosin. Anyone want to buy my 20k+ cls for half priced?

EsterEssence

Veteran
Just make your own tumbler. 55 gal drum, a dog food container for the inside drum some 110 lpi screen, a few other parts and you can tumble lot's. The room it is in is freezing during the winter...

Attachments

• DSCN1093.jpg
    DSCN1093.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1094.jpg
    DSCN1094.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN1096.jpg
    DSCN1096.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 20

Sunfire

Veteran
I'm sorry bro, I'm not following all the way. Can you explain the details of that build? Where and how does the screen go? You are relying on the square of the container inside y he round drum for a bounce style agitation? How are you turning the drum? Just rolling it around?

The tech I mentioned has all the kief fall into a tote and super easy to clean out

Sunfire

Veteran
I have an idea to make racks of screens that lock together and suspend from a frame inside a freezer that is gently shaken automatically. I'll skip a lot of the details. But has a long one ever tried this before?

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Press or not....

NOT

I have stopped pressing mine....as I think is easier to deal with and dont waste my precious time to press it.

Anyway im looking to get |HASH TUMBLER...any advice ?

gd

Attachments

• DSC03335.jpg
    DSC03335.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC03336.jpg
    DSC03336.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 14

Sunfire

Veteran
Pollen master has great customer service. They always answer the phone, willing to talk for a long time. Lots of units usually ready to go at any time. Prices are kind of high, keep in mind on their website it's Canadian dollars.

If you want smaller and much more affordable. There a company from the UK that had small unit that's extremely affordable. It's like 140$ American with free international shipping. Be sure to get the US model or the one for wherever you are. Has a variable speed controller too!
http://pollenextractor.com/pollen-extractors/index.html

99%

Pollen master has great customer service

but their pricing is incredibly high, they have loaded up huge profit margins on their products and spare parts.

and it's just a copy of Mila's original tumbler design..and it's just a plastic container.

I've used a Tumble Now tumbler (another Bubbleman product) for a few years now, it's solid wood, with a stainless steel mesh tumbler. It works great and has excellent features, the dry sift falls onto a 200 Mesh (74 micron) flat screen that can be used for the static tech method or just carded for improved purity. Highly recommended and you can get it from Aqualabtechnologies.com or from Bubbleman's site. I think they are both out of stock at the moment, as a matter of fact I've noticed that this item runs out of stock all the time but if interested try contacting either retailer and they should be able to let you know when new stock will be coming in.

For best results make sure that the room you are sifting in has low humidity and is cold, if that is a problem, then use the a/c and a dehumidifier to help cool and dry the room and the material

99%

I would start with the 61 lpi and 86 lpi

use these two meshes for doing the DSW method (excellent purity if you follow the method correctly but it's really only good for slowly processing small amounts of trim at a time)

For dry sifting with efficiency and high yield in mind I'd suggest sifting the material through a 86 ~ 100 Mesh then resift this rough resin through a 110 ~ 125 Mesh...you can smoke and press this or further purify it with 200 Mesh screen (via static carding, rosin or just plain carding etc)

Last edited:

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Hi, thanks for info guys.

Ive order the litlle one from Provance, we will see how it goes, but Im sure I will buy another one for Christmas present for myself...hehhe

gd

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Parcel came today, and I have been suprised with a size of it as I imagined it twice bigger, anyway.....Im happy to have it.

gd

Attachments

• DSC03382.jpg
    DSC03382.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03383.jpg
    DSC03383.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 17