What's new

Seeds not sprouting

theclearspot

Planted some Chilli Pepper seeds last week and theyre not sprouting. Good potting soil, im watering them....nothing. Different types: Cayenne peppers, Jalapeno etc. Dont get it, I had great success last year. These are new seed packets.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Planted some Chilli Pepper seeds last week and theyre not sprouting. Good potting soil, im watering them....nothing. Different types: Cayenne peppers, Jalapeno etc. Dont get it, I had great success last year. These are new seed packets.

I'm having the same problems with cannabis seeds lately. My success has been 99% for years,,, now... 2-6.. useing tap, and/or ro w, & w/o light nutes, soake in shot glass, soake in saliva, in paper towels, straight to media; not being successfull enough. outside temps have been lower here (50s/60s) but they are being hatched indoors, 72F/55%RH. Even with seeds that I made only a month ago.. strange.. hope it works out for both of us clearspot.

scruffy

Don't know where you're located but last year at this time we had temps far above normal. Peppers really like heat to germinate, one of the few things I'll run the heat mats full-on for. Takes a while too, can be up to 2 weeks before they break soil. I have a starting cabinet that I keep at 78F, sometimes I'll crank it to 85 if all I have in there is peppers. Usually start them first since they take so long to germ and I like them to get pretty large before I put them out.

theclearspot

thanks guys I guess theyve only been there bout 11 days so I should wait...

Snook..thats disappointing, im not an experienced grower Ive only used the paper towel method then into small pots and was always successful...(except the plant I 'forgot' to water as it got hidden behind a chilli plant....) dumbville is my town.....:noway:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Didnt realize where I was.. sorry.. but true. When I grew peppers (Japs), I bought seedlings.. GL..:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts