What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Desert Flowers

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think they are in order nuttall's desert trumpet,strawberry hedgehog cactus,blue trumpets,hartweg's sundrop,and mountain phlox

i think they are in order nuttall's desert trumpet,strawberry hedgehog cactus,blue trumpets,hartweg's sundrop,and mountain phlox

Thanks again unc![FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
tiphat.gif
[/FONT]

Any medicinal properties?

I would have to look into that but good ? non the less.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,just so you dont think im any sort of expert,i just happen to have a stack of field guides sitting in easy reach...

if you ever want to go see a huge range of desert flowers go to joshua tree in the spring

lol,just so you dont think im any sort of expert,i just happen to have a stack of field guides sitting in easy reach...

if you ever want to go see a huge range of desert flowers go to joshua tree in the spring

Either way,I appreciate your input! I only ? your post count? JK

That sounds like a good idea but when I go by their it will be in June,Big Bear here we come.:woohoo:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That s [/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it wasnt a conscious effort on my part,it just sort of happened....in my defense i also have over 9000 pot pics on the site...

lol,its hotter than satans bum in j-tree in summertime! still plenty of flowers,but be someplace shady by noon!

it wasnt a conscious effort on my part,it just sort of happened....in my defense i also have over 9000 pot pics on the site...

lol,its hotter than satans bum in j-tree in summertime! still plenty of flowers,but be someplace shady by noon!

I don't know what to say about all those pics other than I'll be looking at some.

As far as the heat goes,I'll be right at home in those temps.Funny thing is I grew up in Minnesota and then I move to the Desert.Talk about one extreme to the other. -100 with the wind chill factor to +120 with no wind.I can honestly say that I love the desert! I will always miss Minnesota for all that it offers.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
humidity,wave after wave of biting insects,pasty skinned people,8 months of winter....whats not to love? lol j/k,i spent many years in alaska,lots of 'sotans up there,and of course shitloads of swede-ahooviens,so basically the same place!

one thing i miss,a good sauna,people in the desert dont understand a good sauna...

You know the weather in that state(Mn) has not been normal for some time,even the humidity.

I used to use a lot of muskol (spelling)you know the stuff they use to have real high levels of DEET? Not a bug would touch you.

Jump in a canoe on the northern stretch of the Mississippi is one way to avoid the bitters(at least out of water) I can say that going down that river is one of the best memory's of my life.

It would be easy to make a makeshift sauna in my shed,just add some rocks and water.:tumbleweed:

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
Hi there,
These are absolutely desert beauties!
Would you mind posting them in the NLT thread? (see in my sig). Thanks in advance :)

Stay cool even if it burns your nostrils ;)

:joint:

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
Let's have those in the Nature Lovers' Thread too! :)

They are truly beautiful, thanks for sharing!