What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anasazi beans

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Anyone grew Anasazi beans and is it possible to grow them at 50 N?

Anasazi%20Beans.jpg

Keep on growing :)

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I don't think you'll have any issues... beans are pretty hardy and grow nearly anywhere with care. :)

Look around the net... there are a lot of guides on planting and using anasazi beans. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
As the story goes they were found in a cave in New Mexico, so i was wondering if those beans can stand quite humid weather.New Mexico isn't one of the states with a pretty much of rainfall.:)

Keep on growing :)

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Beans are hardy and will grow almost anywhere... Yes, humid is fine and they'll probably love it. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
my experience with them is they are more of a pole bean but do not typically grow up as fast as other pole types like kentucky wonder pole beans. they do tend to grow up and bush out, and they always take a while for me to get to flowering, but if i plant some in may/june i usually have them by mid-late august, so they are a bit later to mature than most other beans i plant here, at 45N. i guess they are more like 80-90days to maturity compared to the 60ish for the other beans. but they do produce well and are very tasty, young beans are delicious as green beans and they can be left to mature for the dried beans as well.