What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heaths latest tree grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heaths latest tree grow

Thank you sir for posting this. I've been a big fan of yours since I started browsing grow forums a couple years ago. Looks great my friend.

dmt

Veteran
that is a sick cross man. amazing.

if i was you, id spend 200 bucks and buy a 100 ft of farm fence with 6x6 inch squares, its like metal trellis, and allows you to bend all the branches laterally to make a vscrog tree column. the twine can be a sticky icky pain after a while, big up, d

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Hello ICmag its been a while since I made a post here and to make up for my lack of activity over the last 6 years here is my latest tree grow. She is my own creation Rez Sour Diesel IBL x UK cheese = Chiesel, I dont know the final yield just yet as she is drying as we speak.

hope you like

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wow! heath robinson on icmag? nice! been a big fan! welcome back! looking forward to your grows......:tiphat:

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
How tall are those ladies?? I also would like to know, the medium, container size,and nutrient regimen..Amazing trees!

heath robinson

Cheers Sleepy, Smoke Buddy, redspaghetti, Marlo, GimmeShelter, Jalisco Kid, Dreamz_Of_Green, KUSHEATER1, krunchbubble, Dreamz_Of_Green and mr. bojangles, Thanks for the warm welcome and its nice to see quite a few familiar growers posting up their comments so thanks again for taking the time to stop by.

Hi SumDumGuy, I have done quite a few vertical grows now so the strains I use are the Viking which is an old Positronic strain no longer available. or my V3 which is NLxG13/W.

Hi Local and feelingfactory, This particular grow was from feminised seeds, it was vegged for 8 weeks using a 400w hps hung vertically between two plants.

ZENARCADE the lights are positioned X = plants 0 = Lights

.........x........0..........x

namknuks, yes its hydro, its a simple recirculating system I use, I will put up some pics later showing how it works.

Thank you SGMeds, its great to see how many people are now growing vertically, thanks for showing us your grow.

ShroomDr, approx 3ft x 2ft, hydroton, Ionic at an EC of 1.2

Hi dmt, I have tried all sorts of ways of supporting trees over the years and always end up using twine, another good way is to throw a net over as its growing and let the plant gow through. A grower called prawn connery used to use the fencing you described and had great results.

funkfingers, the trees are about 5ft in hight the ceiling is 7ft and the pot they are stood in is approx 2 ft 7 ft in total.

Ok here is my black Rose tree, I grew this quite a bit smaller than the ones I showed earlier but still got a nice 24 0z harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Great work as ever Heath, just a couple of Qs...

"Ionic at an EC of 1.2" Why Ionic and why only 1.2 ?
I always thought the Optimum/Europonic 2 parters were better, and for us in the Thames Valley, Optimum did not need pH-, the buffering was spot on. Is the 1.2. maybe because Hydroton can lock up if you feed it more like NFT levels 1.8 to 2.2 ?

Your light placement, they are not stacked, so "in theory" most people would be looking at stacking 2 or 3 on top of each other, yet you get top results with just one light at each point. I guess you found out it was wasted and that just 1x per site works perfectly, even with 5ft plants ?

Thanks for showing us what you are up to, I think I was lucky enough to get some of your Chiesel at the 420, [Seeds of yours, entered by another member] ... did not realise it was made with Sour D, very nice ;)

Last edited:

Technique

Hello Heath, its been a while since i have seen you about!

glad to see you've joined up here..

are you still running your vertical systems? i have been waiting till i have some space to set one up!

philmb

may of been said before but...... Good to see ya posting here. Love ya work!

One of the best things i ever did in growing was to lower may EC to about 1.0 / 1.2 thanks to you matey!!

=)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts