What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best way to trellis/support trees?

samiam

Nets?, Cage?, Stakes?
I tried the net thing but plants grew to far over it and flopped over. I'm thinking a PVC frame on a pulley system will work better.

What are you guy using to support your large trees? Post up some pics if you can.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

My tallest are 12 foot my shortest are 8 foot. I used a combination of 6 foot vertical stakes, 12 foot tri pods, 6 foot tripods with netting over everything and zip ties to the stakes. I used all 12 foot strapping ripped in half to get 2 pieces out of every piece. Once the plant out grew the first layer of trellis I put that big a frame over everything and tied netting to it. Next year gotta add a roof for the rain after flowering starts. Good luck.

picture.php

samiam

Shit man those things are huge. lol I'm in a one car garage I don't have that much space.

See what happens when you put the net up too soon. :(

Attachments

• IMG_20170923_115117965.jpg
    IMG_20170923_115117965.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 9

DunHav`nFun

Chicken wire on the ceiling and plant yo yo`s hung above each limb that needs spread and opened up while supporting the weight as the plants swell.....

We usedta use plant twine , but yo yo`s work better it`s just they`re a pain in the ass to constantly adjust , although the twine was no cake walk to readjust either....just the trials and tribulations of growing big plants.....anyways....

Good luck....DHF....:ying:.....

looks like a good scrog!

I'm doing combi grow.
Wanna do a perpetual harvest of 12 plants every 2-3 weeks.
Gonna veg indoors in coco/perlite hempy's - haven't decided time period yet..
Transplant to supersoil in green-house...
Don't think i'll let them get so big as to need support, gonna Lst the fuck out if them and hope for 100 - 150g per plant(dry weight)