What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida Growing on the Flat Earth

CannaFunk

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 12

CannaFunk

Had a slug bypass my beer trap, looks like crushed eggshells it is.

Update on the seeds, everything seems to be swelling nicely and bracts are nice and developed. Pollinated my last 3 plants today and everything should be on for harvest. Had to get the pollen on while its viable and dry out for the moment.

I am going to be giving lots of seeds to friends to hunt Phenotypes, as well as hunting as much as I can.

So heres the breakdown of what I tried to do.

With seeds provided by a friend from some Indoor Cali Bagseed I was able to see some Sativa looking Spindly Pheno's with Purpling on the stems. Definitely no vigorous or hearty by any means but definitely resinous and stinky. I took males from this line and hit my females of the same genotype, and pollinated my Mexican Outdoor line Females.

The current pollinations were done with a Mexican Bagseed male I found that I enjoyed as far as bushy morphology, resistance, vigor, ability to take stress, and beautiful flowers. I pollinated the Indoors females to hopefully bring into living some crosses that reinvigorate those genetics, having braved a Full Sun Florida Summer, bugs, mold, etc. as well as having the vigorous Mexican genetics to mesh with. Perhaps Ill see what im dealing with in the F2's, F3's. Inbred this line as well, just to see if it shows more stability or variability.

I also brought a Blue Cheese Male into the Mix and had him run through some of the Mexican varietals.

Probably not going to update this again until harvest, hope everyones getting everything taken care of and trimmed up. Happy Harvest to all the Guerillas and Legals.

Last edited:

Buckeyebandit

purple spindly sativa sounds interesting. my destroyer x highland Guerrero x blueberry is just starting to show sex. have one that is short and stout so if it's a male maybe collect some pollen from it and do some seed as well with the first female that showed.

CannaFunk

I can imagine they are beautiful plants, short and stout is always a good characteristic to have in a male.

The main things I learned this guerilla season

1. Best to have a midday break in sunlight with some shade cover, the summer just bakes the plants and rips moisture from the Soil, even at 100% humidity.

2. Make soil mixes with Coco, Vermiculite, Water Crystals, Ample Mulching

3. Get starts ready indoors (Obvious)

4. Put more fertilizer into hole mixes.

CannaFunk

Been harvesting early minis, so I took some shots, hot weather lots of light, flowers and seeds are developing fast.

Attachments

• IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 14

CannaFunk

First two are "Florida Lemonshine" next three pictures "Southern Solar Skunk"

The one I am dubbing Southern Solar Skunk, is ridiculous as far as vigor and overall package as far as I can tell. The smoke from unfinished seeded buds pre re-veg was incredible, just needed a chance at developing a few full on flowers, as she is now.

The Blue Cheese successfully pollinated an entire lower branch, and the seeds are swelling incredibly large. I also pollinated a few small tops with the pollen from my mexican male, probably in the order of 100-200 seeds developing. The male has a very bushy morphology and equally vigorous, so I am aiming to bring that out and see if I can find any monstrous producers, of resin specifically. The Southern Solar Skunk resists bod-rut and pests for sure the flowers are beautiful now that can see a large terminal Cola. Internodal pacing is 1 inch to 1/2inch, tight clusters yet spaced, not sure how to describe this yet as she has filling out to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Day 01 Flower - lumen shock
    Day 01 Flower - lumen shock
    86.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

CannaFunk

The Skunk has the attribute of huge glandular trichome heads, as well as resin coated trim.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
hey cannafunk, looking good, i see something simmilar to one of my spots, you have a sandy soil from the looks, and much more mulching would help you a lot! not only under the plants itself but also around it, and when the plant grows you need to spread the mulch wider, because the roots stretch and can collect more nutrients under a very wide mulch!
keep it green

Buckeyebandit

angola x. angola leaner. late start. not showing pistols yet (fem)

picture.php
picture.php

and a few destroyer x highland guerrero x bb. last pix is the male to be used

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

again late starts. male shows early so will clip the top to bring inside to collect pollen in the window seal to be added when the girls are ready (about 3 weeks in bloom)

Buckeyebandit

hey cannafunk, looking good, i see something simmilar to one of my spots, you have a sandy soil from the looks, and much more mulching would help you a lot! not only under the plants itself but also around it, and when the plant grows you need to spread the mulch wider, because the roots stretch and can collect more nutrients under a very wide mulch!
keep it green

my soil is the same as cannafunks. never tried growing in it. i use 200 g smarties dug in. this season i only went with a few small plants from seed but on the norm i start mid march with seed and grow a couple large plants and don't trust the sandy soil.

CannaFunk

Thanks Cheese, and Cookies you are right, More mulching is in order for sure, Although its sand where I am growing, I dug 3x3 holes and brought in Peat Moss,Vermiculite, and Perlite. The Pics of the mound that has alot of plants in it is a ton of decomposed forest floor material (humus), mulch, and it drains FAST. The holes are wider than appear and the sand around them is to conceal the dark peat moss that lay underneath, however, I completely agree that a wider deeper mulching is in order next trip before harvest, and next season, wish I could do it in the backyard hehe.

Next time my soil mix is going to be composed of Coco & Peat, Vermiculite,Water Crystals, Bio-charr, Myco, and Larger mulch beds.

I notice lizards always seem to be kicking it on my plants, thought they loved the shade and smells, turns out the pond water I collect has small fish and lots of little critters that I pour into the root zone, attracts lots of mini and micro life. Watched a small lizard eat a minnow the size of him :)

Buckeye looking good for late starts! The Highland Guerrero Blueberry Destroyers are beautiful growth wise, love to see them in flower mode, I have some late too, but alas am moving out to Cali in a month, going to cut and dry this harvest and im out to live in the mountains. Peace and keep me updated with pics and post count haha

Last edited:
everything sound well planed man, wish you good luck and heavy buds!
your soil mix sounds solid in terms of water retention and absorbtion and airflow it will rock for sure but dont forget that a soil like this will need some organic mass slow release stuff to feed the bacteria in longer term and not to rely on topfeeding too much, will safe you some work. horn meals are ok neemcake and barleyrye or oat idk what its called in english, kelp, all good, and earth worm casstings. then youre golden and only need to water and foliar feed.
your plants looking good this year already bro, keep on growing!

CannaFunk

True that man thanks for the advice! I have kelp I've been using as well as my pond water seems to have a ton of organic matter in it as well, I have been top-feeding as you suspect :) Less work sounds good to me. I gather rich organic matter in the forest and layer it for the mulch as well. The amount of life in the soil is awesome. Showed my guerrilla partner ( We help each others grows when needed ) the large mound spot in the beginning in and 2 months later hes all "Its shrunk", I was like yeah the organic matter is decaying because of how aerated and watered it is. The mound needs water like I do, the holes with 2cuft. of vermiculite on the surface zone seem to stay wet and feed better. Vermiculite FTW

Mr B's Green Treez -Online
Dr Earth -HD
Ecoscraps -HD

Last edited:

CannaFunk

Showing the growth from Reveg once placed in ground.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 21

St. Phatty

1. Best to have a midday break in sunlight with some shade cover, the summer just bakes the plants and rips moisture from the Soil, even at 100% humidity.

Yep definitely getting a lesson on that one !

I have some plants I can only make it to about once a week.

Their shade cover is protecting them for sure !

Once the rains start I might cut down a few branches so they get more light.

wow, how long did it take to reveg this plant? what light cycle did it have before planting out?
i had bad luck revegging this year outdoor. it worked but the plants were stunned for over one month becaus i transplanted them from perfect conditions and 20w.led/sqft into one month of 105°f heat.. even waterchrystals didnt help much besides holding them alive.
was a seedrun and worked out anyway.
but a lesson i have learned for future.